Thread: Purple Caper seeds

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default Purple Caper seeds

Hello lads

Purple Caper seeds are now available in the UK, has anyone tried them?

Been on their website and there isn't much information or any specific growing advice. Plenty information about the male plants they use.

I think they also have a connection with a company called Dark Heart Nurseries across the pond.

LSC sell them but like all other seed banks they are awaiting details from the breeder. Bit more info would be helpful before I jump in and buy.

All of their (Caper) seeds are regular so am thinking of taking the long route of growing a few out and then tasting them out as mothers and eventually 5 months or so down the line saving the best as a mother plant.
    Last edited by toblue; 04-10-19 at 10:35 AM.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-10-19), Patrice (04-10-19)

Thanks

Last paragraph should have read.

All of their (Caper) seeds are regular so am thinking of taking the long route of growing a few to veg then taking a few clones and not putting the original plants from seed into flower at all, eventually 5 months or so down the line saving the best original plant as a mother plant after assessing what her clones were like.
    Last edited by toblue; 04-10-19 at 10:43 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Hello lads

Purple Caper seeds are now available in the UK, has anyone tried them?

Been on their website and there isn't much information or any specific growing advice. Plenty information about the male plants they use.

I think they also have a connection with a company called Dark Heart Nurseries across the pond.

LSC sell them but like all other seed banks they are awaiting details from the breeder. Bit more info would be helpful before I jump in and buy.

All of their (Caper) seeds are regular so am thinking of taking the long route of growing a few out and then tasting them out as mothers and eventually 5 months or so down the line saving the best as a mother plant.
    I tried their gelato backcross a couple of years back and wasn't too impressed with it.

Hate to go off topic but have you ever heard/tried bodhi seeds? If your looking for off the scale regular seeds then I couldn't recommend these enough. Ive grown a lot of different breeders and these are head and shoulders above everyone. You'll find a keeper in pretty much every pack. I recently did their space monkey which is a fantastic gorilla glue cross and I found it almost impossible to pick the best one out of three keepers. Never had that before in ten years of growing.

Not so popular on this site as the ten plant rule tends to put people off growing regular seeds but go look at the bodhi seeds thread on any other forum and you will find people queuing up to tell you how awesome they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-10-19), toblue (04-10-19), Trex (04-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
    I tried their gelato backcross a couple of years back and wasn't too impressed with it.

Hate to go off topic but have you ever heard/tried bodhi seeds? If your looking for off the scale regular seeds then I couldn't recommend these enough. Ive grown a lot of different breeders and these are head and shoulders above everyone. You'll find a keeper in pretty much every pack. I recently did their space monkey which is a fantastic gorilla glue cross and I found it almost impossible to pick the best one out of three keepers. Never had that before in ten years of growing.

Not so popular on this site as the ten plant rule tends to put people off growing regular seeds but go look at the bodhi seeds thread on any other forum and you will find people queuing up to tell you how awesome they are.

Ain't off topic Patrice mate , very interesting. I have had a look and they seem to have the same problem very little information. Do they have their own website Can't find it? Are they UK based?

I am looking for a keeper or two as although I find growing seeds interesting it is a bit of a bummer when one plant in the room produces 4 oz and its same packet sister produces 10 oz.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-10-19), Patrice (04-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Ain't off topic Patrice mate , very interesting. I have had a look and they seem to have the same problem very little information. Do they have their own website Can't find it? Are they UK based?

I am looking for a keeper or two as although I find growing seeds interesting it is a bit of a bummer when one plant in the room produces 4 oz and its same packet sister produces 10 oz.
    Cool il pm you a few sites so I don't upset any sponsors, unfortunately none of our sponsors stock them.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-10-19), toblue (04-10-19), Trex (04-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
    Cool il pm you a few sites so I don't upset any sponsors, unfortunately none of our sponsors stock them.

Seedsman does have bodhi

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-10-19), Patrice (05-10-19), toblue (04-10-19)