Thread: Green Stage Pruning and Flowering Cycle?

Thanks

Default Green Stage Pruning and Flowering Cycle?

Hi you guys I started (x7) different plants from seeds August 11, 2019.

Since then, they are growing just fine, however I have a few questions for you...
    Please look at the bottom notes...5 thru 10. Also see attachments. My main question to you is: On #8 notes below... I trim off a ton of larger leafs s that the light penetrates low enough to hit the lower branches. I have done this (4 times now). Its like giving your dog a tight haircut and then seeing him get a ton of hair again in a very short time. Is this normal? From the top of the pots they are all 10" tall.... they are not that big. I want to know now, how much longer should I let them grow (while trimming them often) before I start the flowering sequence? Thank you for you time! Reesche

Types: Amherst Sour Diesel, Nirvana Short Ryder, AK-47, Pinapple Chunk, Acapulco Gold, LSD, THC Bomb, Vanilla Kush

5. Transplant small dirt container plantings into larger pots for growing (9-10 weeks) BLUE T5’s Only (19 hours on the lights) Well, I changed all the lights out to BLUE and added the small FAN…. what a difference! The small starts are now ready to transplant into the Larger containers….. Transplanted 7 from indoor starts and 1 from the back yard 8 Total (August 26th 2019).

6. Start “Growing Fertilizer” Use the other fertilizer down stairs from (Botanical Pure Blend Pro…Grow-3-2-4 / Bloom-2-3-5). Alternate waterings with fresh water to flush the plants of fertilizer… every other time. BLUE LIGHTS

7. LIGHTS: Seeding Phase: T-5’s - 54 watts-- X8 Bulbs……Vegetive Growth: 18 hours per day.

8. You need to trim off most of the Large Leaves (During the entire Growing phase) so that the light can penetrate to the lower leaves and to build up the new buds that will eventually become the flowers. Be sure to NOT take too much off for good growth.

9. Start “Flowering Fertilizer” Flush with conditioned water when ready to rape. Change out “Blue Light Bulbs” and replace with (ALL RED bulbs) Flowering Phase: 12 hours on and 12 hours off. RED lights only. Remember, TOTAL DARKNESS when off….no light leaks!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before Trimming.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	376050Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Currently trimmed for light.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	376051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starts month ago.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	376052

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reesche For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Yes it is normal, when you trim the fan leaves when the plant is in Veg, she will replace the leaves, so why bother, wait until time to trim around second week of flip.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Le chef (10-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

When you defoliate bro, dont trim the top and outer leaves, only inner leaves that shade lower branches. As well i wouldnt bother about it in veg just in flower when budsites startin to appear thats the first, then another defo a week later, then usually another light one and sometimes one more depend on pheno... Week 4+ you dont touch them.. let em be..

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-10-19), Le chef (10-10-19), scoobywho (04-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Woooo you just set you plant back weeks dude . Never do that .

Someone take his scissors away before i snap his fingers clean off lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (05-10-19), GEORGE (05-10-19), scoobywho (04-10-19), Shreder (04-10-19)