Thread: I have a massive problem lol

Thanks
    Thanked 3,544 Times in 855 Posts

Default I have a massive problem lol

Stupid thing to do.. I put 6 seeds out to germ on Saturday now it's Monday morning 4 seeds have fully sprouted broke out the shell and are currently still sat on paper towel as ive just got down to the local hydro shop and the fucker has been closed down since last week ffs so now I'm stuck with no media to pot into... what's my best bet of keeping these going for a few days until I can get some delivered.. oh and the main pain in the arse there's no B&q to nip to to get verve and the beans are also autos so I think feel like I might be pissing in the wind here an have to loose the beans an start again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-10-19), hotshot (07-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,370 Times in 1,785 Posts

There must be a Wilko or another grow shop or something with in travelling distance where you can go and get some perlite or even some soil to start them off in.

I dont know much about Autos but anythings got to be better than nothing. As long as the roots got some where to go I cant see a problem.

What do you usually grow in?
    No turn left unstoned..
    ''The problem with pH is that very, very few people have the equipment or wet laboratory skills to measure pH correctly. In hydro, you can achieve "good enough" with common sense and basic meters. But soil pH is an entirely different ballgame. Hydrogen ions attach to soil particles and cannot be removed by simply passing water over the soil''.
    [/CENTER]

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (07-10-19), CityDweller (07-10-19), hotshot (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 60,690 Times in 14,640 Posts

Amazon next day delivery and just keep them in small tub covered in damp kitchen roll . Let them grow like crest for a day .
    Just be careful removing them when you are ready to pot them up

in a green and pleasant land

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-10-19), hotshot (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19), Patrice (07-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
    There must be a Wilko or another grow shop or something with in travelling distance where you can go and get some perlite or even some soil to start them off in.

I dont know much about Autos but anythings got to be better than nothing. As long as the roots got some where to go I cant see a problem.

What do you usually grow in?
    There is a wilko yeah but autos dont like to be re potted from my experience so I need to start them in their final pot and I dont want to do the whole grow in shit soil so BG option seems the most sensible, I usually grow in house and garden batmix.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

British green (07-10-19), CityDweller (07-10-19), hotshot (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Amazon next day delivery and just keep them in small tub covered in damp kitchen roll . Let them grow like crest for a day .
    Just be careful removing them when you are ready to pot them up

in a green and pleasant land
    Cheers BG.. massive help I've got the laptop opening as i type lol what a massive inconvenience this is!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

British green (07-10-19), CityDweller (07-10-19), hotshot (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia auto View Post
    Cheers BG.. massive help I've got the laptop opening as i type lol what a massive inconvenience this is!

Bloody stoners

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (07-10-19), hotshot (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks

There is a wilko yeah but autos dont like to be re potted from my experience so I need to start them in their final pot and I dont want to do the whole grow in shit soil so BG option seems the most sensible, I usually grow in house and garden batmix.

Dont like to be repotted? Or dont like being pot bound?

How can they not like being repotted? If they aint been pot bound and your careful repotting whats the difference from moving them about the tent and picking them up??

Im pretty sure you could repot an auto with minimal consequences.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

hotshot (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19), Patrice (07-10-19)

Thanks

Dont like to be repotted? Or dont like being pot bound?

How can they not like being repotted? If they aint been pot bound and your careful repotting whats the difference from moving them about the tent and picking them up??

Im pretty sure you could repot an auto with minimal consequences.
    Have a read through the forum mate it seems to Shock them too much and you suffer on the yield compared to just putting them straight in the final pot, one in 6 people may say to repot them but personally I dont think it's worth the hassle as autos spend the first 30ish days growing a root network after that they focus on flowering so it seems logical but that's JMO

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

hotshot (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks

Have a read through the forum mate it seems to Shock them too much and you suffer on the yield compared to just putting them straight in the final pot, one in 6 people may say to repot them but personally I dont think it's worth the hassle as autos spend the first 30ish days growing a root network after that they focus on flowering so it seems logical but that's JMO

I think its absolute rubbish mate and more to do with not potting up quick enough and stunting them from being root bound. With them having such a short life cycle the last thing you want to do is stunt them by bonsaing them in small pots. So for inexperienced growers putting them into the final pots is the best port of call. Which adds its own problems too with overwatering and root rot/dampening off but thats another story for another day lol

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (07-10-19), hotshot (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19), Patrice (07-10-19)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,144 Times in 2,094 Posts

Pound land has coco coir dried to soak out. Cheap as too...

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    872g first grow, with 3 auto strains 600w dual spec and coco grow
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...o&p=1070656417

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (07-10-19), hotshot (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19), Trex (07-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 52,861 Times in 15,097 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    Pound land has coco coir dried to soak out. Cheap as too...

Where the fuck have you been ?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

hotshot (07-10-19), Karsa (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Where the fuck have you been ?

Moving round the country and sorting my shit out. Been lurking. Hoping to have a grow up again soon (been away from a lotnof the net tbf)

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

hotshot (07-10-19), IceCalibur (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19), Trex (07-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 52,861 Times in 15,097 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    Moving round the country and sorting my shit out. Been lurking. Hoping to have a grow up again soon (been away from a lotnof the net tbf)

Cool . Nice to have you back

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

hotshot (07-10-19), Karsa (07-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Cool . Nice to have you back

Ahah nice to be back, hoping to be a bit more active again.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

hotshot (07-10-19)

Thanks

I think its absolute rubbish mate and more to do with not potting up quick enough and stunting them from being root bound. With them having such a short life cycle the last thing you want to do is stunt them by bonsaing them in small pots. So for inexperienced growers putting them into the final pots is the best port of call. Which adds its own problems too with overwatering and root rot/dampening off but thats another story for another day lol
    I fully see your point mate but again I want to be topping at 3rd node and training so doing that in smaller pots and potting up just feels like too much stress IMO, I've been growing on and off for the past 10 years and done autos handful of times since, I prefer to do photos usually and pot up 3 maybe 4 times.. but I need to get this grow done this side of the year ideally so photos was a no go and out came the auto stash, I'm experienced enough not to over/under water so I'm not gonna struggle there, thanks for raising your concerns though!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

hotshot (07-10-19), SmobyToker#1 (08-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,222 Times in 2,330 Posts

I fully see your point mate but again I want to be topping at 3rd node and training so doing that in smaller pots and potting up just feels like too much stress IMO, I've been growing on and off for the past 10 years and done autos handful of times since, I prefer to do photos usually and pot up 3 maybe 4 times.. but I need to get this grow done this side of the year ideally so photos was a no go and out came the auto stash, I'm experienced enough not to over/under water so I'm not gonna struggle there, thanks for raising your concerns though!

To be honest mate autos dont care if you repot them, they do care if you are a rough bastard tho. Knowing the right time to pot on is key. If you try too early the root ball will not be tight and hold together, resulting in a chunk of soil falling and taking root with it. Autos in a 1 litre pot for 10 days will be rooted out nice using a root stim and hold together. Dont have them sopping wet either as the chances of a fall are higher. Id do the pot up mate personally. Leaving seeds that are right out their shell is asking for problems and stretchy plants so get them in something asap.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (08-10-19), hotshot (08-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    To be honest mate autos dont care if you repot them, they do care if you are a rough bastard tho. Knowing the right time to pot on is key. If you try too early the root ball will not be tight and hold together, resulting in a chunk of soil falling and taking root with it. Autos in a 1 litre pot for 10 days will be rooted out nice using a root stim and hold together. Dont have them sopping wet either as the chances of a fall are higher. Id do the pot up mate personally. Leaving seeds that are right out their shell is asking for problems and stretchy plants so get them in something asap.
    Panic over mate I drove a 70mile round trip in the end and got myself some house and garden batmix and biobizz light mix, I went ahead and potted them straight up into the 16L's they all seem happy enough so far 4 of 6 above soil.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

hotshot (08-10-19), SmobyToker#1 (08-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,222 Times in 2,330 Posts

Panic over mate I drove a 70mile round trip in the end and got myself some house and garden batmix and biobizz light mix, I went ahead and potted them straight up into the 16L's they all seem happy enough so far 4 of 6 above soil.

Ha ha mad innit, drive miles for our babies but a mate needs a lift to the bus station, nah lol well done lad

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (08-10-19), hotshot (08-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Ha ha mad innit, drive miles for our babies but a mate needs a lift to the bus station, nah lol well done lad
    That's the one mate.. sometimes ya jus gotta do what ya gotta do and hahaha it's 'what do you mean a lift to the bus station' think I've newt better to do than drive round all day' until the babies need somthing I'm straight in the car lol.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

hotshot (08-10-19)