Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have a massive problem lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,458 Times

Default I have a massive problem lol

Stupid thing to do.. I put 6 seeds out to germ on Saturday now it's Monday morning 4 seeds have fully sprouted broke out the shell and are currently still sat on paper towel as ive just got down to the local hydro shop and the fucker has been closed down since last week ffs so now I'm stuck with no media to pot into... what's my best bet of keeping these going for a few days until I can get some delivered.. oh and the main pain in the arse there's no B&q to nip to to get verve and the beans are also autos so I think feel like I might be pissing in the wind here an have to loose the beans an start again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-10-19), GEORGE (07-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

There must be a Wilko or another grow shop or something with in travelling distance where you can go and get some perlite or even some soil to start them off in.

I dont know much about Autos but anythings got to be better than nothing. As long as the roots got some where to go I cant see a problem.

What do you usually grow in?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (07-10-19), CityDweller (07-10-19), GEORGE (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Amazon next day delivery and just keep them in small tub covered in damp kitchen roll . Let them grow like crest for a day .
    Just be careful removing them when you are ready to pot them up

in a green and pleasant land

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-10-19), GEORGE (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19), Patrice (07-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
    There must be a Wilko or another grow shop or something with in travelling distance where you can go and get some perlite or even some soil to start them off in.

I dont know much about Autos but anythings got to be better than nothing. As long as the roots got some where to go I cant see a problem.

What do you usually grow in?
    There is a wilko yeah but autos dont like to be re potted from my experience so I need to start them in their final pot and I dont want to do the whole grow in shit soil so BG option seems the most sensible, I usually grow in house and garden batmix.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

British green (07-10-19), CityDweller (07-10-19), GEORGE (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Amazon next day delivery and just keep them in small tub covered in damp kitchen roll . Let them grow like crest for a day .
    Just be careful removing them when you are ready to pot them up

in a green and pleasant land
    Cheers BG.. massive help I've got the laptop opening as i type lol what a massive inconvenience this is!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

British green (07-10-19), CityDweller (07-10-19), GEORGE (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia auto View Post
    Cheers BG.. massive help I've got the laptop opening as i type lol what a massive inconvenience this is!

Bloody stoners

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (07-10-19), GEORGE (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks

There is a wilko yeah but autos dont like to be re potted from my experience so I need to start them in their final pot and I dont want to do the whole grow in shit soil so BG option seems the most sensible, I usually grow in house and garden batmix.

Dont like to be repotted? Or dont like being pot bound?

How can they not like being repotted? If they aint been pot bound and your careful repotting whats the difference from moving them about the tent and picking them up??

Im pretty sure you could repot an auto with minimal consequences.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19), Patrice (07-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
    Dont like to be repotted? Or dont like being pot bound?

How can they not like being repotted? If they aint been pot bound and your careful repotting whats the difference from moving them about the tent and picking them up??

Im pretty sure you could repot an auto with minimal consequences.
    Have a read through the forum mate it seems to Shock them too much and you suffer on the yield compared to just putting them straight in the final pot, one in 6 people may say to repot them but personally I dont think it's worth the hassle as autos spend the first 30ish days growing a root network after that they focus on flowering so it seems logical but that's JMO

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19)

Thanks

Have a read through the forum mate it seems to Shock them too much and you suffer on the yield compared to just putting them straight in the final pot, one in 6 people may say to repot them but personally I dont think it's worth the hassle as autos spend the first 30ish days growing a root network after that they focus on flowering so it seems logical but that's JMO

I think its absolute rubbish mate and more to do with not potting up quick enough and stunting them from being root bound. With them having such a short life cycle the last thing you want to do is stunt them by bonsaing them in small pots. So for inexperienced growers putting them into the final pots is the best port of call. Which adds its own problems too with overwatering and root rot/dampening off but thats another story for another day lol

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (07-10-19), GEORGE (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19), Patrice (07-10-19)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Pound land has coco coir dried to soak out. Cheap as too...

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (07-10-19), GEORGE (07-10-19), M_C (07-10-19), Trex (07-10-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast