Thread: Which led lamp would be great for me? Im really confused

Thanks

Default Which led lamp would be great for me? Im really confused

Hello there.
    I got 4 seeds and I have read all day about growing, but part of lighting is not clean.
    I read a lot of different opinions about lights, so I am totally confused right now.

So I would grow them in cellar and I would use only one LED for all phases.

200watt - 5000K - 18000 lumen (ip66)
    300watt - 6500k - 30000 lumen (ip65)

These would be great for my wallet, thats why.

People writes on forum that these are too much Kelvins so it kills my plant but other websites writes that:
    5K – 7K Kelvin: Strong Blue Light. Promotes bushy growth. Ideal for rapid growth phase of plants. This greatly enhances all-around plant growth when used with super high output, (such as high pressure sodium or 3K warm metal halide lamps).
    4.2K – 4200 Kelvin: Cool White Flourescents. Can be used as supplemental blue lighting when used with a 3K source.
    4K -4000 Kelvin: Neutral Metal Halide. Best single source for plant growth, producing shorter, bushier growth than 3700 Kelvin and color rendition. Used in general plant lighting.
    3.7K – 3700 Kelvin: Softer Metal Halide(coated). This coated lamp is used in general plant lighting and for more rapid growth than 4000 Kelvin produces.
    3K – 3200 Kelvin: Warm Metal Halide. Highest photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) value of all HID lighting for all phases of plant growth. PAR watts account for the nutritional value of light and are a direct measure of the light energy available for photosythesis.
    2.7K – 2700 Kelvin: High Pressure Sodium Lamps. Redder color mix, used for propagation, blooming, supplemental greenhouse lighting.

Please someone brighten me up, Im excited to start gardening but I would not until Im not sure what led I need.
    Sorry for grammatical fails, and thanks for help guys.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skulll For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-10-19), thelastrebel (08-10-19), Wags (07-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by skulll View Post
    Hello there.
    I got 4 seeds and I have read all day about growing, but part of lighting is not clean.
    I read a lot of different opinions about lights, so I am totally confused right now.

So I would grow them in cellar and I would use only one LED for all phases.

200watt - 5000K - 18000 lumen (ip66)
    300watt - 6500k - 30000 lumen (ip65)

These would be great for my wallet, thats why.

People writes on forum that these are too much Kelvins so it kills my plant but other websites writes that:
    5K – 7K Kelvin: Strong Blue Light. Promotes bushy growth. Ideal for rapid growth phase of plants. This greatly enhances all-around plant growth when used with super high output, (such as high pressure sodium or 3K warm metal halide lamps).
    4.2K – 4200 Kelvin: Cool White Flourescents. Can be used as supplemental blue lighting when used with a 3K source.
    4K -4000 Kelvin: Neutral Metal Halide. Best single source for plant growth, producing shorter, bushier growth than 3700 Kelvin and color rendition. Used in general plant lighting.
    3.7K – 3700 Kelvin: Softer Metal Halide(coated). This coated lamp is used in general plant lighting and for more rapid growth than 4000 Kelvin produces.
    3K – 3200 Kelvin: Warm Metal Halide. Highest photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) value of all HID lighting for all phases of plant growth. PAR watts account for the nutritional value of light and are a direct measure of the light energy available for photosythesis.
    2.7K – 2700 Kelvin: High Pressure Sodium Lamps. Redder color mix, used for propagation, blooming, supplemental greenhouse lighting.

Please someone brighten me up, Im excited to start gardening but I would not until Im not sure what led I need.
    Sorry for grammatical fails, and thanks for help guys.
    Those are both Veg lights, you need A bloom buster, can be use for veg and Bloom.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

thelastrebel (08-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Hello mate, for a full grow under one light you'd probably want something 3000-4000K, 5000+ will likely be too blue. It does depend on the actual diodes being used what the spectra looks like, not all lights that quote the same kelvin figure will be the same.

What are the lights you're looking at?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-10-19)

Thanks

Hey, can u tell me whats bloom buster, please? Its a light?,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skulll For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-10-19)

Thanks

Should I use two leds, one 5k and one about 3-4K?
    Is adjustable color temperature led exist? Would be goood?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to skulll For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by skulll View Post
    Hey, can u tell me whats bloom buster, please? Its a light?,
    It is an all red par light, with an small amount of Blue, and UV.

Here is a 50/50 hybrid that is 19 days above the ground only 8" high, growing under this light.

Last edited by GEORGE; 08-10-19 at 09:49 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (08-10-19), GreenIRL (08-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,982 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    It is an all red par light, with an small amount of Blue, and UV.

Here is a 50/50 hybrid that is 19 days above the ground only 8" high, growing under this light.

What light you got there hotshot?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenIRL For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-10-19)