Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Vander 2500watt Grow light

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 40 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Answered: Vander 2500watt Grow light

    Hi guys I’m just about to start my first grow and wish I knew about this website before purchasing my lights. Can anyone confirm if these Vander LED grow lights are any good?
    I’m aware they don’t pull 2500 actual watts and to be honest the whole grow light thing is a bit overwhelming to a total noob!
    I’m only intending on growing one plant to start so I can get the basics and focus on quality and hope these lights will do the job.

  2. "It'll be OK for your first grows and then you'll prob want to upgrade. It's pointless to go into the full tech info at this stage. You will understand more as time goes on. Good luck.

    Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk"


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nugzila For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (13-10-19)

  4. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 256 Posts
    Provided Answers: 3

    Default

    It'll be OK for your first grows and then you'll prob want to upgrade. It's pointless to go into the full tech info at this stage. You will understand more as time goes on. Good luck.

    Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (13-10-19), Nugzila (13-10-19), Shreder (15-10-19)

  6. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,080
    Thanks
    367,206
    Thanked 35,686 Times in 9,802 Posts
    Provided Answers: 79

    Talking

    Stay away from the burple lights dude. You might want to pm Invisiable Sun, and get their opinion.

    Get you A red par bloom buster, if you don't want any of there qb boards. the burple produce 30% less than other lights.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    Invisible_Sun (13-10-19), Nugzila (13-10-19), Patrice (14-10-19)

  8. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 256 Posts
    Provided Answers: 3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Stay away from the burple lights dude. You might want to pm Invisiable Sun, and get their opinion.
    Thanks mate, thought with this being his first grow it be best to keep cost low as there is much to learn and not only aba lighting.

    Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

    Greengrass (13-10-19), hotshot (13-10-19), Nugzila (13-10-19), Patrice (14-10-19)

  10. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,080
    Thanks
    367,206
    Thanked 35,686 Times in 9,802 Posts
    Provided Answers: 79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible_Sun View Post
    Thanks mate, thought with this being his first grow it be best to keep cost low as there is much to learn and not only aba lighting.

    Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk
    I just didn't want to see him through money away on the Burple lights. If he want to go with A cheap full spect, or full red par that would be all right. I have read and seen many videos on the burple light, and they are just not what they claim to be.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    Invisible_Sun (14-10-19), Nugzila (13-10-19), Shreder (15-10-19)

  12. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 256 Posts
    Provided Answers: 3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I just didn't want to see him through money away on the Burple lights. If he want to go with A cheap full spect, or full red par that would be all right. I have read and seen many videos on the burple light, and they are just not what they claim to be.
    So true. If I'd have bought them from Amazon then I'd just return them when my new ones arrived

    Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (13-10-19), Nugzila (13-10-19)

  14. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 40 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Cheers dude, as long as they get me through the whole grow I’ll be happy.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nugzila For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (13-10-19), Invisible_Sun (13-10-19)

  16. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,080
    Thanks
    367,206
    Thanked 35,686 Times in 9,802 Posts
    Provided Answers: 79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nugzila View Post
    Cheers dude, as long as they get me through the whole grow I’ll be happy.
    Are you in the States?

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 40 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I just didn't want to see him through money away on the Burple lights. If he want to go with A cheap full spect, or full red par that would be all right. I have read and seen many videos on the burple light, and they are just not what they claim to be.
    Thanks mate, I’ve already got the lights, they say Full spectrum but as long as they get me through the grow I’ll be happy. I can always look at upgrading in the future

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nugzila For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (13-10-19), Invisible_Sun (13-10-19)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,080
    Thanks
    367,206
    Thanked 35,686 Times in 9,802 Posts
    Provided Answers: 79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nugzila View Post
    Thanks mate, I’ve already got the lights, they say Full spectrum but as long as they get me through the grow I’ll be happy. I can always look at upgrading in the future
    But you want full spect red white and blue, without any of the Burple.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    Invisible_Sun (13-10-19), Nugzila (13-10-19)

  21. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 40 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Are you in the States?
    London Bro

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nugzila For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (13-10-19), Patrice (14-10-19)

  23. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 40 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    But you want full spect red white and blue, without any of the Burple.
    Yea the LED lights thing kinda confuses me, the light spec is 320 PPF.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nugzila For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (13-10-19), Invisible_Sun (13-10-19)

  25. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,080
    Thanks
    367,206
    Thanked 35,686 Times in 9,802 Posts
    Provided Answers: 79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nugzila View Post
    Yea the LED lights thing kinda confuses me, the light spec is 320 PPF.
    They have had there ups and down's with the LED, but even the cheap china one's will grow weed, but the Burple are too close to the blue, so you get an over dose of blue light, which isn't good for flowering. I don't know why they still make them, seems they would do there own test, so to sell the best light's they can, instead of just ripping people off. JMO

    Here is A red par bloom buster, if you want A cheap light that will grow weed, this is the one you want to invest in. High red par, with just A little blue and uv.



    Last edited by hotshot; 13-10-19 at 08:46 PM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    Invisible_Sun (13-10-19)

  27. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 40 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    They have had there ups and down's with the LED, but even the cheap china one's will grow weed, but the Burple are too close to the blue, so you get an over dose of blue light, which isn't good for flowering. I don't know why they still make them, seems they would do there own test, so to sell the best light's they can, instead of just ripping people off. JMO

    Here is A red par bloom buster, if you want A cheap light that will grow weed, this is the one you want to invest in. High red par, with just A little blue and uv.




    Looks good bro, will deffo invest in something like that once I get the hang of it.
    Here is what i will be using. I’m assuming the 1st photo is the flowering switch. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF12C9CA-E43F-44CA-8B0A-7C21187B9742.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	376245 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9AF1C24-B2B3-4E6E-85FD-E1C9276361DC.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	376246Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9AF1C24-B2B3-4E6E-85FD-E1C9276361DC.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	376246

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nugzila For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (13-10-19)

  29. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 494 Posts
    Provided Answers: 7

    Default

    Good points by folks here ill just add that it is very unlikely that u will never grow again and investing another 100-200$ on proper lights is a smart decision.

    For the new grower, good lights can be a major difference..its the first most important things imo. Rather than that is just following instructions.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-10-19)

  31. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,080
    Thanks
    367,206
    Thanked 35,686 Times in 9,802 Posts
    Provided Answers: 79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nugzila View Post
    Looks good bro, will deffo invest in something like that once I get the hang of it.
    Here is what i will be using. I’m assuming the 1st photo is the flowering switch. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF12C9CA-E43F-44CA-8B0A-7C21187B9742.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	376245 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9AF1C24-B2B3-4E6E-85FD-E1C9276361DC.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	376246Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9AF1C24-B2B3-4E6E-85FD-E1C9276361DC.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	376246
    Yea, that first one looks like you got all the power on. What actual Watt is it pulling?

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    gardro (15-10-19)

  33. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,796
    Thanks
    20,393
    Thanked 29,558 Times in 7,403 Posts
    Provided Answers: 27

    Default

    Getting better all the time the budget lights. Nice tidy smd chips.

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-10-19), IceCalibur (15-10-19), Shreder (15-10-19)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK