Thread: Cfl switch from blue to red

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,019 Times

Default Cfl switch from blue to red

Just wondered if anyone has any opinions on when to switch from veg to flower bulbs in cfl grow. Currently got a 300w blue spec over 2 plants, one has shown pistils and bushing out more now, its 16 days above soil. Other 1 is a cpl days behind, no pistils on that yet.
    Growing 1x easy bud auto and 1x sour diesel auto in soil.
    I know no one can give me an exact answer but any clues as to what to look out for to switch bulbs would be appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I used to add a red bulb as soon as the pom poms developed I think. Though like you, it added a lot of heat so I think I went back to using the dual spectrum bulbs as they did the job fine and gave off less heat.

Despite all the cfl haters out there, my best grow so far was my northern lights under cfls. Still trying to get the hang of my new lights but getting similar yields using 1/3 of the wattage and dont have hangers and lights cluttering up my limited space.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-10-19), MrC (20-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,019 Times

Ah nice one man, I had a 300w red and a 125 dual spec in there, maybe if I put the 300w dual spec I got and the 125 dual spec in together instead of the 300w red it might make a cple degrees difference. I'm quite happy so far, no real issues, um and ah about whether I'll switch lights after this one but reckon after all the money I've spent I'll carry on with cfl for a cple grows at least.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-10-19)