Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help? Anyone?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    You could, but without a full ecosystem in your groom you might end up bringing in pests that will cause damage to your plants...

If you can get crimson clover or alfalfa seeds you could plant a cover crop which you can pull once theyve grown abit to create a mulch that way, also any leaves you trim off your plants can be left on top of your medium

Legumes are a good cover crop as theyre nitrogen fixers so essentially take nitrogen from the air and make it available in the rhizosphere
    I was told not to leave leave's on your soil, said it could be A disaster for Mold.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), Le chef (19-10-19), WF420 (18-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I was told not to leave leave's on your soil, said it could be A disaster for Mold.
    If youre growing in living soil the leaves are broken down. Im still early days with that way of growing and havent done it myself so purely going off what ive read but i know both redz and Gaz chuck down old leaves.

If you lift up anyones mulch youll be bound to find some activity as the bacteria/fungi do theie thing

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), GEORGE (18-10-19), Le chef (19-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Default Help? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by grobar_e View Post
    WOW! Thank you so much for this amazingly informative reply! One more question: could I use "chopped" leaves from outside as a mulch? If not could you suggest me some homemade mulch?
    Get u self some worms from indoor organic s n add a layer of straw as a mulch get the proper amendments fir the soil n it will last u run after run the same soil n also take all u old plant waste under the mulch
    Here’s a pic of a mates living soil

Sent from my bum hole using crapatalk

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), GEORGE (18-10-19), Le chef (19-10-19), Vlad the Inhaler (18-10-19), WF420 (18-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,117 Times

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    Get u self some worms from indoor organic s n add a layer of straw as a mulch get the proper amendments fir the soil n it will last u run after run the same soil n also take all u old plant waste under the mulch
    Here’s a pic of a mates living soil

FACE! You’re still here!

Are you the last remaining member of the official A Team on THC talk?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), FACE (18-10-19), GEORGE (18-10-19), Le chef (19-10-19), RASTA (18-10-19), WF420 (18-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Inhaler View Post
    FACE! You’re still here!

Are you the last remaining member of the official A Team on THC talk?
    How’s it going fella good to see u around
    Hope the mutts good
    Yeh a still head from murdoch he not growing at the mo
    Hope u good mate

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), Dr Green (18-10-19), GEORGE (18-10-19), Le chef (19-10-19), RASTA (18-10-19), Vlad the Inhaler (20-10-19), WF420 (18-10-19)

South of Hadrians wall in a tent, in the garden of England
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,269 Times

Hi grobar_e, Google living soil there's some good reading out there, also if you're going to reuse soil its a good idea to sterilize it between grows
    So much to learn, so little time to learn it

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), GEORGE (19-10-19), grobar_e (21-10-19), WF420 (19-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Le chef View Post
    Hi grobar_e, Google living soil there's some good reading out there, also if you're going to reuse soil its a good idea to sterilize it between grows
    The idea with living soil is it’s where all the work is done n u only add water to keep the proper moisture level fir the worms n biosys n organic all to work together by sterilising the soil it just kills all this
    Never heard living soil being sterilised in between grows
    A fresh layer of mulch n fresh amendments is what’s needed

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), GEORGE (19-10-19), Le chef (19-10-19), Vlad the Inhaler (20-10-19), WF420 (19-10-19)

Thanks

Check out Springpot.com/blog/reusing potting soil. Good read covers all requirements for living soil.
    My dad spent the majority of his spare time in the garden and the greenhouse, he wouldn't dream of reusing soil without removing all of the roots and rubbish, sterilizing his pot and soil and to avid all possible cross contamination.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), GEORGE (19-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Removing roots etc is counter-intuitive IMO... leaving it in there adds organic matter as it breaks down and the new plants roots will follow the gaps left behind meaning the plant uses less energy

Plus if you sterilise your soil and pots youre killing the 'living' in your soil... its all about keeping the microbes alive so they can do their thing

Edit: Jeff Lowenfells - Teaming with microbes is a brillint read and will tell you a lot, or just youtube him and watch one of his talks

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), GEORGE (19-10-19), Le chef (19-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    The idea with living soil is it’s where all the work is done n u only add water to keep the proper moisture level fir the worms n biosys n organic all to work together by sterilising the soil it just kills all this
    Never heard living soil being sterilised in between grows
    A fresh layer of mulch n fresh amendments is what’s needed

Hi FACE, My apologies, I stand corrected I'm quoting reusing pots and soil outside where all sorts of bugs and pathogens get into the soil, regarding sterilising as long as you heat the soil up to 180 degrees and hold it there for 30 mins it will kill off anything unwanted, sieve the soil first and remove worms and any visible bugs before heating.
    Again I apologise to you and WF420

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-10-19), FACE (20-10-19), GEORGE (19-10-19), WF420 (19-10-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast