Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: I need help. Wasting seeds.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks Ice!
    Already working the roots! 3 weeks in now though, doubt ill be getting a harvest, but lets see how it goes, and i continue to persevere!

It would be a huge huge relief if someone could help with an education on my soil problems. Im a noob, so can only guess. Considering that i have not manged to germinate any of the auto's, or any leefy greens in this soil, yet the landrace cannibas seeds have been growing quite fine, and the greens germinate well in any other medium, I can only imagine that its too hot for the young auto seeds/seedlings to handle ?

I have 1 more auto seed remaining, im torn between making a new layered pot, 3 divisions, lowest the soil as is, then a 50/50 mix of soil and some light seed starter soil, top layer only the seed starter soil, or starting to explore my DWC options (nutes available locally now, fairish pricing). Considering Im yet to have my first grow, I would like to keep it soil and simple, but the soils not working!

Ill keep you all posted, and as always, thanks!
    Last edited by N_S; 20-11-19 at 06:59 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (20-11-19), IceCalibur (20-11-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by N_S View Post
    Thanks Ice!
    Already working the roots! 3 weeks in now though, doubt ill be getting a harvest, but lets see how it goes, and i continue to persevere!

It would be a huge huge relief if someone could help with an education on my soil problems. Im a noob, so can only guess. Considering that i have not manged to germinate any of the auto's, or any leefy greens in this soil, yet the landrace cannibas seeds have been growing quite fine, and the greens germinate well in any other medium, I can only imagine that its too hot for the young auto seeds/seedlings to handle ?

I have 1 more auto seed remaining, im torn between making a new layered pot, 3 divisions, lowest the soil as is, then a 50/50 mix of soil and some light seed starter soil, top layer only the seed starter soil, or starting to explore my DWC options (nutes available locally now, fairish pricing). Considering Im yet to have my first grow, I would like to keep it soil and simple, but the soils not working!

Ill keep you all posted, and as always, thanks!
    You're welcome man, try and keep a positive vibe entering into it...I always find if you're negative that can actually create negativity..but if you focus on positivity, then positive things will happen

You WILL get a harvest out of her!

The best thing about this forum is that most of us don't know all the answers, but together collectively we can usually hit as close to perfect as you could want..so if you have any issues, then open up a thread in the Cannabis Infirmary, with all the information and clear and crisp pictures will allow members to help you and share their opinion with you

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (20-11-19), N_S (20-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    You're welcome man, try and keep a positive vibe entering into it...I always find if you're negative that can actually create negativity..but if you focus on positivity, then positive things will happen

You WILL get a harvest out of her!

The best thing about this forum is that most of us don't know all the answers, but together collectively we can usually hit as close to perfect as you could want..so if you have any issues, then open up a thread in the Cannabis Infirmary, with all the information and clear and crisp pictures will allow members to help you and share their opinion with you
    Amen to that brother! Ive been at it for over 6 months now, first with landrace seeds for free, then many autos that have failed (bummer), surprising as it is that my wife hasnt lost it (she may not quite yet realize how expensive the seeds are, and I dread her finding out, but she does know ive lost a good many! hehe...), my spirits are super high! Im still as excited as ever! Not a sinlgle bud to show for yet though! hehe. Im cool.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (20-11-19), IceCalibur (20-11-19)

Thanks

Hello again!

So it seems like Ill loose this small plant now, its no longer growing, and the 4 leaves it has have started to loose colour and droop. Im fairly certain if I were to remove it from the soil, the roots would hardly have grown into the soil, and would mostly have bound around the little Coco that it was transplanted in. I would be curious to see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	295.2 KB 
ID:	377393

If it does look like the wee thing is on its way out, I do have a very mild Hydro solution going for some lettuce, and ill pop it in there to see if we can make any kind of a recovery.
    Thank you!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

How do brother i've set seeds in all types of soil without any issues mate in my opinion a good light "i use a T5" and getting the watering right is the most important thing at this stage how much and how often you watering bro' ???
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-19), N_S (23-11-19)

Thanks

Hi G' !

I've been using a dripper or a spray bottle to lightly water around the seed. Making very sure that it's not drenched, only quite moist after the watering.

Depending on ambient temps, it's been up to 2 times a day. Now, (winters coming) it could possibly be less than once.

I know it may be sounding unreasonable of me, banging on bout how the soil is flawed. But I really have played around with how and when and how much I'm watering. I have been trying with these soils for almost a dozen auto seeds, various breeders.

Again, the land race seeds I have germinate and grow just fine...

It is strange though, in addition to no seeds germinating, even germinated seeds with a healthy tap root stop as soon as in the soil, and we saw with the seedling I transplanted after germinating in Coco, it hasn't grown in 3 weeks.

I now have another brand soil delivered. But I'll probably not have seeds for another few weeks. The 1 remaining NL auto I have I'm quite tempted to try out a dwc rig. But thanks as always, whatever I'm trying I'll keep posted here for your guidance!

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    tough crowd...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (24-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

It's a bit of a mystery this is for sure brother keep us informed mate and good luck, G'.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-19), N_S (23-11-19)

Thanks

Thanks G!
    Maybe one day im inspired to take an education in soils and then ill have a better idea! Maybe im jut doing something real stupid! But till then hit and miss I guess!

Cheers!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

All right if I pop me head in here mate and delve a bit deeper into your RH
    Looking at that seedling twisting it looks to me that your humidity is too low and without going into where you take your readings from is that the highest it gets to 50% rh?
    Domes can help but just my own opinion you understand they arnt a substitute for a humidifier
    For years I've tried getting away with hanging wet towels and buckets all over the place to raise moisture but seedlings Allways struggled at the early weeks like yours

But for 6 months I've been using a 4.5 litre ultrasonic humidifier only £20 delivered from amazon and works well in a 3_4 plant grow, 70_90% humidity and I can see seedlings love it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71bpILsdrXL._SX425_.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	377407
    Atb chap

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (24-11-19), N_S (23-11-19)

Thanks

Hey thanks green!

So yeah, the rainy season is over and it's gonna be dry from now on. So the RH is at bout 50% +-10%.

So now I know why the leaves are curled. Thank you! And can low Rh impact growth to such an extent?

Would the humidity also impact the germination as much ? I would assume it's wet enough in the soil to not matter.

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (24-11-19)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast