Thread: Wilma - Clay Pebbles - nutes / feeding schedule help

Thanks

Question Wilma - Clay Pebbles - nutes / feeding schedule help

Alright pplz,

I'm starting a grow in a Wilma 11l system, using clay pebbles. (arrives tomoz)

What sort of feed and what sort of schedule should I use. When should I start feed? Seed is in a peat pellet at the minute,will transfer to clay when it's established some good roots.

Its been a while since my last grow which was a dwc bubbler.

I seem to have lost the plot with regards to nutes. I had a closer call with the old bill and my arse went and I binned the lot!!! (which turned out to be paranoia)

What best to use. Seeds are autos, 2fast2vast or somet similar.

Hope you have all been keeping well

Thanks Uncletbag

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UncleTBag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), redisiel (27-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Don't have any answer for you Uncletbag, but would like to watch as you go.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

redisiel (27-10-19), UncleTBag (27-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

I don’t know about autos in a wilma with there different feeding needs etc, but I run canna aqua a + b and feed non stop with the drippers up close to the cubes there germed in until roots are established then I feed for 15 minute every 2 hours
    Start of with a very light feed 0.1-0.2 over your background ec when you get your first true leaves
    Hope this helps
    Atb
    And make sure you rinse the shit out the pebbles mate
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks

Hi redisiel,

I thanks for the info, am I making a mistake going auto in a Wilma?

Last grow was a photo in dwc bubbler which had great results.

Thanks Uncletbag

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleTBag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTBag View Post
    Hi redisiel,

I thanks for the info, am I making a mistake going auto in a Wilma?

Last grow was a photo in dwc bubbler which had great results.

Thanks Uncletbag
    Mate

You’re not making a mistake the Wilma is kick ass. What I like to do is start the seed in the prop in a Rockwool cube and as soon as it grows a couple of the starting leafs get it in the Wilma.

A good practice is to add the drippers to the Rockwool before you need them so you get minimal shock on transfer and also makes sure the feeds are going to the right place once in the stones.

Feeding right so you gotta start light and build up,I start at plain water then work up from there, make sure the increases are slight and let the plant tell you what it wants. If I feed one day and it’s at .6 then return the next day and it’s .5 I’ll knock it up to .7 then check again the following day and if it’s down I’ll increase, this goes on until it sits static the. You know all is well.

Ph 5.2 to 6.2 works for me and I get a good drift once you’re dialled it speaks to you and tells you what it needs lol

Remember wash those stones until they run clear if you don’t you’ll pay down the line I learned this the hard way

Remember no feeding while in dark mode and I’ve mine set to every 2 hours and they seem to like this but you can play around with it.

An ec and ph pen will help in fact they’ll be your best friend with a Wilma, I keep a note of the ec and ph readings I find it helps to track things and increase and decrease feeds and build understanding

You want a water heater and air stones in the base.

You’ll grow beasts I can tell you

Good luck

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-19), ToneHund (08-01-23), UncleTBag (27-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WWBB View Post
    Mate

You’re not making a mistake the Wilma is kick ass. What I like to do is start the seed in the prop in a Rockwool cube and as soon as it grows a couple of the starting leafs get it in the Wilma.

A good practice is to add the drippers to the Rockwool before you need them so you get minimal shock on transfer and also makes sure the feeds are going to the right place once in the stones.

Feeding right so you gotta start light and build up,I start at plain water then work up from there, make sure the increases are slight and let the plant tell you what it wants. If I feed one day and it’s at .6 then return the next day and it’s .5 I’ll knock it up to .7 then check again the following day and if it’s down I’ll increase, this goes on until it sits static the. You know all is well.

Ph 5.2 to 6.2 works for me and I get a good drift once you’re dialled it speaks to you and tells you what it needs lol

Remember wash those stones until they run clear if you don’t you’ll pay down the line I learned this the hard way

Remember no feeding while in dark mode and I’ve mine set to every 2 hours and they seem to like this but you can play around with it.

An ec and ph pen will help in fact they’ll be your best friend with a Wilma, I keep a note of the ec and ph readings I find it helps to track things and increase and decrease feeds and build understanding

You want a water heater and air stones in the base.

You’ll grow beasts I can tell you

Good luck
    the post I've quoted mentions no feeding in dark mode.is this correct?i've had my drippers running constantly through the grow.i'm two weeks into 12/12, should I turn off the pump when it's dark?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fkmiller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-20)