Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Competition background signs

looking for a small boat.............with a hole in the bottom!!
    Thanks

Default Competition background signs

Do we still need a background sign for potm entries seeing as we now have the watermarking feature?
    civilisations are like the little sparks that fly from a bonfire, winking into existance and being snuffed out as they confront their own particular obstacle.

Abused and unloved bonfire plant

POTM entry april 09

Thanks

oooo good question gix not that ive got anything to enter till end of feb

medicine / bio-fuel / oxygen / building materials / proteins and essential oils/ plastics
    and textiles/ hygiene products / tree-less paper - and this is an ILLEGAL plant??
    name one other thing in this world that has all those benefits!

Monty Bong Guest

Without a handwritten sign it would be difficult to prove the plant was grown by the person who entered it, someone could just lift a picture of a plant off the net and enter it as their own.

looking for a small boat.............with a hole in the bottom!!
    Thanks

True MB, never thought of that

Thanks

hmmmmm true well said

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRnutter View Post
    True MB, never thought of that
    lol, genius

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

If that's the case wouldn't it be better to have a sign with your forum sig & date taken on and then watermark the picture on upload.

Then it would be locked down to a specific member on a specific date so you couldn't get people holding off with pictures of good plants for a poor month.

Not that anyone would do that I would hope....

Monty Bong Guest

I think it would be a good idea to only allow plants to be entered that are from current diarys, that way it encourages members to have diarys and eliminates any way for people to use previously grown plants, or plants that were grown by someone else.
    The water mark doesn't really bother me as my plants are diared elsewhere. If I google image search Martian Mean Green some of my pics already appear. Which is a bit disconcerting to be honest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Bong View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to only allow plants to be entered that are from current diarys, that way it encourages members to have diarys and eliminates any way for people to use previously grown plants, or plants that were grown by someone else.
    The water mark doesn't really bother me as my plants are diared elsewhere. If I google image search Martian Mean Green some of my pics already appear. Which is a bit disconcerting to be honest.
    That's a great idea but it wouldn't work for everyone. I don't intend keeping a diary for every grow in the future, just maybe when I'm trying something different like technique, strain etc. So if someone got a plant to enter but it's not in a diary they're not allowed in the comp.

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GrassHopper View Post
    . So if someone got a plant to enter but it's not in a diary they're not allowed in the comp.

Yep, thats what i'm saying, It's just a suggestion to make sure the plants entered are grown by the people entering them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast