Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Riot does DP Twilight Mentored by Rasta :)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,944 Times

Default Riot does DP Twilight Mentored by Rasta :)

G'day Talkers

Rasta has kindly offered his experience to be my mentor in this grow and after seeing some of his grows I couldn't be happier.

I have had my share of successes and absolute failures so with his guidance I'm sure I will learn a lot.

I've soaked a Cindy Jock Auto overnite in a glass of water, the seed sunk this morn and she went into a damp paper towel and has already poked her tongue out.

Set up as follows.....

80cm x 50 cm Wardrobe.
    4" exraction fan and carbon filter.
    4" and 6" fans.
    80 Watt 6500K and 2700K CFL bulbs
    Mars II 400
    400 Watt HPS

Coco
    Rhizo
    Canna Coco A+B
    CalMag
    PK 13/14
    BAC Nitrogen (got a free sample from the Hydro shop)

Blue Lab PH Pen
    PH Buffer 4
    PH Buffer 7
    PH UP
    PH Down
    EC Pen (I have one but couldn't find it this morn, lol) May need to pick up a new new one.

So far it's just been PHed water at 5.8 but I'm sure Rasta will chime in soon and let me know what I should be adding when I pop the sprout in the coco.

I'll post a pic as soon as she pops her head above the coco

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to riot For This Useful Post:

Blue (03-11-19), G' (04-11-19), GEORGE (03-11-19), Herbitual (04-11-19), IceCalibur (03-11-19), M_C (12-11-19), Petal (09-02-20), RASTA (03-11-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (06-02-20), The Solyom (18-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Wey hey riot. Were off then. Autos are best planted straight into the final pots m8. What size have you got at hand?

If you could make sure the PH pen is hydrated, that will be a good start lol.
    Stick it in a little cup of water, just enough for the sensor/probe is covered. Leave it overnight.
    A would've said 24 hours....but since the seed is nearly ready to be planted, overnight will do lol.
    Then tomorrow....calibrate it again. Just so we 100% sure this pen is on point.
    Does your buffer 4 and 7 come with little caps on the lids?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

G' (04-11-19), GEORGE (03-11-19), IceCalibur (03-11-19), riot (03-11-19), The Solyom (18-04-20)

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

G' (04-11-19), GEORGE (03-11-19), RASTA (03-11-19), riot (03-11-19), Squaggy (05-11-19), The Solyom (18-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA View Post
    Wey hey riot. Were off then. Autos are best planted straight into the final pots m8. What size have you got at hand?

If you could make sure the PH pen is hydrated, that will be a good start lol.
    Stick it in a little cup of water, just enough for the sensor/probe is covered. Leave it overnight.
    A would've said 24 hours....but since the seed is nearly ready to be planted, overnight will do lol.
    Then tomorrow....calibrate it again. Just so we 100% sure this pen is on point.
    Does your buffer 4 and 7 come with little caps on the lids?

Will do mate

The buffer 4 and 7 is 250ml each with caps.

The pot is about 12 litres, I guessing this by comparing it to a 10 litre bucket I use for the water/feed.

Thanks again for your help, this should be fun

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to riot For This Useful Post:

G' (04-11-19), GEORGE (03-11-19), IceCalibur (03-11-19), RASTA (03-11-19), The Solyom (18-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Whooo hoo, nice one riot..you're in very good hands with RASTA mate, good luck and I'm subbing up
    Welcome aboard Ice

Great to have you on this journey.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to riot For This Useful Post:

G' (04-11-19), GEORGE (03-11-19), IceCalibur (03-11-19), RASTA (03-11-19), The Solyom (18-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    Will do mate

The buffer 4 and 7 is 250ml each with caps.

The pot is about 12 litres, I guessing this by comparing it to a 10 litre bucket I use for the water/feed.

Thanks again for your help, this should be fun
    Ok m8...just fill these little caps about half way when calibrating your ph pen.
    A just calibrated my pen last week n a have forgot again, which buffer you start with lol.
    So a found this lol.

After each time you calibrate the pen.....dispose of the liquid. Do not pour it back into the bottles. Like a used to do. It ends up reading all out of whack.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

G' (04-11-19), GEORGE (03-11-19), IceCalibur (03-11-19), riot (03-11-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (06-02-20), The Solyom (12-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA View Post
    Ok m8...just fill these little caps about half way when calibrating your ph pen.
    A just calibrated my pen last week n a have forgot again, which buffer you start with lol.
    So a found this lol.

After each time you calibrate the pen.....dispose of the liquid. Do not pour it back into the bottles. Like a used to do. It ends up reading all out of whack.

Thanks for this RASTA Should come in handy. This is the first decent PH pen I've bought and want to take care of it.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to riot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Its a pity you can't find your EC pen riot, as this makes things a little easier. Plus....a wanted to know for certain what your EC of your water is, straight from the tap. But you said it was about 0.3?

The coco you got....did it not have a brand name on the bag?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

G' (04-11-19), GEORGE (03-11-19), IceCalibur (03-11-19), riot (03-11-19), Squaggy (05-11-19)

Thanks

The coco is Dutch Glory Premium. See below.....

Cash Crop cocopeat is a natural organic fibre derived from the coconut husk . The cocopeat has been treated and aged precisely which prevents it from compacting or decomposing during use. Cash Crop cocopeat is RHP certified for horticulture , the Dutch standard for professional media . The RHP mark is a guarantee for reliability , safety and quality .Our cocopeat has been washed to remove all salts and buffered with a special blend of nutrient which prevents Calcium and Magnesium block out . This ensures a healthy and high yielding crop and a quick response from cuttings and seedlings. Additionally, our cocopeat contains trichaderma mould which is a natural root stimulator, and protector from root disease. Cash Crop cocopeat has superior air , water and nutrient holding capacity compared to soil , rockwool , clay and perlite. Its able to hold 7 times its own weight in water and has a air porosity of 30%.

I did find my EC pen and the background EC is 0.3 although it is a cheap one. I'll pick up a better one this week sometime after work.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to riot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    The coco is Dutch Glory Premium. See below.....

Cash Crop cocopeat is a natural organic fibre derived from the coconut husk . The cocopeat has been treated and aged precisely which prevents it from compacting or decomposing during use. Cash Crop cocopeat is RHP certified for horticulture , the Dutch standard for professional media . The RHP mark is a guarantee for reliability , safety and quality .Our cocopeat has been washed to remove all salts and buffered with a special blend of nutrient which prevents Calcium and Magnesium block out . This ensures a healthy and high yielding crop and a quick response from cuttings and seedlings. Additionally, our cocopeat contains trichaderma mould which is a natural root stimulator, and protector from root disease. Cash Crop cocopeat has superior air , water and nutrient holding capacity compared to soil , rockwool , clay and perlite. Its able to hold 7 times its own weight in water and has a air porosity of 30%.

I did find my EC pen and the background EC is 0.3 although it is a cheap one. I'll pick up a better one this week sometime after work.
    Awesome man.
    When filling up your pot, make sure not to compress it too much. Just fill it quarter full first, then pad it down gently with your fingers. Then do another quarter n so on until full.
    N best not using water straight from the tap. Let it stand overnight and let the chlorine dissipate. Also lets it get to room temp. A just think its too cold for roots straight out the tap.

Before you plant your seed, add 2ml per ltr of rhizo. And adjust your Ph to 5.8 just before you soak the coco. No need to soak all the coco m8. Just use about 500ml or so, n pour it in round about the middle of the pot. Then just move a little coco out the way to make a little snug space for the seed. Not too deep, pop the bean in and cover with the coco you moved out the way. Pop you light on a fair bit away from the pot.
    Then hopefully we will see some action above ground in a day or two.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

G' (04-11-19), GEORGE (03-11-19), IceCalibur (03-11-19), riot (03-11-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (06-02-20), The Solyom (18-04-20)

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast