Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: First time breeding attempt

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

Wagwan

All is well. Plants are still doing well, but I have spidermites. No idea where they have come from, but they're there. I've sprayed as they are only just into flower, so hopefully the population will come down so I don't suffer late on in flower.
    I've also made a large scrog net from my old tent poles and string, so now the canopy is more level and the plants are spread well. There are seven plants now, one has been kept in veg, the smallest cheese. It would have been a waste of time flowering it so small, so I'm gonna take cuts from her when these are done.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200327_180826.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	381086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200327_180824.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	381087
    Bad lighting, plants are green and lush irl
    Come again
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-03-20), IceCalibur (28-03-20), Jesse_tpfi (03-04-20), Valentina (29-03-20)

3. Default

Oh that's a pain in the arse with the spidermites prime, girls are looking great but, out of curiosity what did you use to spray them?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-03-20), Valentina (29-03-20)

Thanks

I sprayed with a synthetic pyrethroid mate, lambda cyhalothrin. I know it's against the whole organic thing I've got going on, but this early into flower, I'm sure there will be none on the buds come harvest time. There wasn't even fluffy tops when I sprayed.
    Still, regardless of my chemical attack, the bastards still crawl. I'm now waiting on a delivery of P.persimilis, predator bugs. Hope they do a better job of controlling the Borg.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-03-20), IceCalibur (30-03-20)

7. Default

Completely understand mate and I've read using Phytoseiulus persimilis alongside Amblyseius californicus gives the best results, but they do seem expensive admittedly.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Completely understand mate and I've read using Phytoseiulus persimilis alongside Amblyseius californicus gives the best results, but they do seem expensive admittedly.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you
    It's cost £20 for 2000 of the critters. Next run I'm gonna mix the predators up a little and have the slow release packets on each plant.
    There's a good article on Dragonfli which is where I've bought them from.
    I've not had spider mites in a fair while, really pissed one has found its way in on me. It's definitely not come in on the intake air as it's filtered, so it's either me, or the damn cat which has been up a couple of times when I left hatch open.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

British green (31-03-20), GEORGE (31-03-20), IceCalibur (30-03-20)

Thanks

So my P persimilis have come, and I've liberally sprinkled 2000 of them on top of the plants. Now it looks like the plants have had a fight with porridge. I'm gonna leave them alone for a while, fans are off atm.
    Apart from the spidermites all is well

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-04-20), IceCalibur (01-04-20)

Thanks

Hello gents
    I hope you are all well and getting through the pandemic in a smoky haze, with no sadness.
    I've not posted in far longer than it feels like, it's start of harvest this weekend.
    All is well with the plants. The spider mites, whilst still present, were knocked down a helluva lot, so there has been very few spotted (no pun intended) since my persi application.
    The 2 sugar tits smell and look amazing. The tangilope is as wonderful as ever, the cheese are stinking and the godberry is a frosty beast.
    The two self bred seeds (mendo madness x cheese) are lovely looking things, quite uninteresting to smell tbh and one of them is very light on trichomes. Shame really but as always, if you want a successful grow then it's all about the genetics. I'm sure in my 100 or so seeds, I'd have a keeper, but not this one
    Here's a comparison between the godberry sugar leaf and the cross sugar leaf
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200507_202306.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	382651
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200507_204033.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	382652
    Big difference eh, I think I'd have been a bit pissed if I had 8 of these and nothing else. I've also ordered some new seeds, th seeds French macaron and dinafem blueberry cookies, be nice to try some new stuff.

Take care everyone, hope you're all well. I'll take plenty of pics come harvest.

Come again

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-20), M_C (08-05-20), Uv123_4 (08-05-20)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7