Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Third CBD grow attempt about to fail

Thanks

Default Third CBD grow attempt about to fail

Hi guys,

this is Nes from Austria. I am a 30-year old data scientist who grows CBD in a tent in my basement. From the CBD plants I want to extract oil that shall help my mother fight her colon cancer aftermath and my father on his nerval issues. I have a good friend, who helped me building it all up and starting off but still after a third attempt now I am failing to get any useful results. For this reason I have some questions to you in hope that you may give me some good advice as I am a real noob:

1) I never had any fans in my tent. The plants grow, but not the way I want. Would you recommend me to add 2 fans? What are they good for?
    2) My plants are all female but they get less and less as every grow attempt gets me to fail. The number of empty pots gets more every month. How could I avoid that?
    3) I have some plant fertilizers here, do you think they would do? Which shall I use and when?
    4) Just recently I bought an IP Webcam in order to have my friend check in and look at my grow. Maybe some of you guys would like to join and give me advice in case things are not going properly inside my tent?
    5) What do you think about coco peat, would it work better for my plants?
    6) I have an automated watering and lighting system installed. How can I check if it my plants are doing well or not?
    7) When is the right time to pick the blossoms and which ones shall I pick?

Thanks so much in advance. I will add some pictures in order to have you get some idea about my little project here.

Best regards from Austria
    Nes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191106_170859.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	376918   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191106_171353.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	376919  
    Last edited by Nesonica; 06-11-19 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Pictures added

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nesonica For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-11-19), Cleargreen (06-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Hi & welcome along

You have a lot of questions, let's see if I can help...

1) You need fans to move & mix the air in the grow room, they are as important as intake & extraction fans
    2) Females are females... not sure what you mean here
    3) List your fertilisers, you may be using incompatible stuff....
    4) I have no interest, others should have no interest & it's something you should steer clear of... why would you give your IP address to unknown people?
    5) Coco peat? I assume that you mean Coco Coir? If so, that requires a totally different regime than soil
    6) Automated is fine for when things are going fine but stick to doing things manually until you are up to speed on things
    7) You may find this pic useful. We harvest based on the trichomes rather than the look of the flowers...

It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (06-11-19), British green (10-11-19), CityDweller (10-11-19), Cleargreen (06-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19), Nesonica (06-11-19), Valentina (06-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nesonica View Post
    Hi guys,

this is Nes from Austria. I am a 30-year old data scientist who grows CBD in a tent in my basement. From the CBD plants I want to extract oil that shall help my mother fight her colon cancer aftermath and my father on his nerval issues. I have a good friend, who helped me building it all up and starting off but still after a third attempt now I am failing to get any useful results. For this reason I have some questions to you in hope that you may give me some good advice as I am a real noob:

1) I never had any fans in my tent. The plants grow, but not the way I want. Would you recommend me to add 2 fans? What are they good for?
    2) My plants are all female but they get less and less as every grow attempt gets me to fail. The number of empty pots gets more every month. How could I avoid that?
    3) I have some plant fertilizers here, do you think they would do? Which shall I use and when?
    4) Just recently I bought an IP Webcam in order to have my friend check in and look at my grow. Maybe some of you guys would like to join and give me advice in case things are not going properly inside my tent?
    5) What do you think about coco peat, would it work better for my plants?
    6) I have an automated watering and lighting system installed. How can I check if it my plants are doing well or not?
    7) When is the right time to pick the blossoms and which ones shall I pick?

Thanks so much in advance. I will add some pictures in order to have you get some idea about my little project here.

Best regards from Austria
    Nes
    Hi nes
    You definitely want some fans. An extract fan, to pull the hot, stale air out of the tent. And an oscillating fan in the tent to keep the air moving around.
    To improve your germination rate, germinate the seeds on wet tissue paper before putting then into pots.
    An automated watering system could over water your plants, you'll learn more about the plants watering by hand.

Sent from my LDN-L01 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to itisi For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (06-11-19), British green (10-11-19), CityDweller (10-11-19), Cleargreen (06-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19), M_C (06-11-19), Nesonica (06-11-19), Vlad the Inhaler (06-11-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=M_C;1071019508]Hi & welcome along

1) You need fans to move & mix the air in the grow room, they are as important as intake & extraction fans
    >> thanks for the nice welcome! Okay I'll adapt that soon. I already have an extraction fan. Just no intake fan.
    >> I didn't want the male plants to pollinate my female plants so I usually draw them out.
    >> Just added some pictures.
    4) I have no interest, others should have no interest & it's something you should steer clear of... why would you give your IP address to unknown people?
    >> Think it as a live stream of my plants. Nobody will be able to read out my IP that way.
    5) Coco peat? I assume that you mean Coco Coir? If so, that requires a totally different regime than soil
    >> Yes I meant Coco coir. I heard it keeps the water more efficiently inside the pots and the plants can suck it better.
    6) Automated is fine for when things are going fine but stick to doing things manually until you are up to speed on things
    >> Yes I always check that things go fine with the watering.
    7) You may find this pic useful. We harvest based on the trichomes rather than the look of the flowers...
    >> Oh that's smart! Thank you! I'll consider it. Yet I've never crossed my lighting to 12h as it always stayed 18h per day. Would you say, that in the current state of my plants I should turn it to 12h and add the fertilizer for better weed grow?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nesonica; 06-11-19 at 05:51 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nesonica For This Useful Post:

British green (10-11-19), CityDweller (10-11-19), Cleargreen (06-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Nesonica;1071019516]
    Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Hi & welcome along

>> thanks for the nice welcome! Okay I'll adapt that soon. I already have an extraction fan. Just no intake fan. Intake fans aren't always needed so long as you can balance the temps
    >> I didn't want the male plants to pollinate my female plants so I usually draw them out. Use feminised seeds, no males, job done
    >> Just added some pictures. I deleted some, check our forum rules
    >> Think it as a live stream of my plants. Nobody will be able to read out my IP that way. There are many IT geeks on canna forums, trust me, your IP addy would be exposed on a quick read of the live stream source code...
    >> Yes I meant Coco coir. I heard it keeps the water more efficiently inside the pots and the plants can suck it better. Coco, like I say is different than soil, requires different nutes & the PH & EC needs to be kept balanced too....
    >> Yes I always check that things go fine with the watering.
    >> Oh that's smart! Thank you! I'll consider it. Yet I've never crossed my lighting to 12h as it always stayed 18h per day. Would you say, that in the current state of my plants I should turn it to 12h and add the fertilizer for better weed grow?
    18 hours a day would suggest that you are growing autos rather than photoperiods With autos, 18hrs light is fine

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (10-11-19), CityDweller (10-11-19), Cleargreen (06-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19), Nesonica (06-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itisi View Post
    Hi nes
    You definitely want some fans. An extract fan, to pull the hot, stale air out of the tent. And an oscillating fan in the tent to keep the air moving around.
    >>Thank you so much for your kind advice! I have an extract fan but I will buy an oscillating fan shortly as you said.
    To improve your germination rate, germinate the seeds on wet tissue paper before putting then into pots.
    >>My friend usually give me the germinated seeds but I want to do it by myself in the future and I will consider your advice here too. Thank you!
    An automated watering system could over water your plants, you'll learn more about the plants watering by hand.
    >>I am doing both: when the plants do not have enough water I add some and when they have too much water I adapt the watering system.

Sent from my LDN-L01 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nesonica For This Useful Post:

British green (10-11-19), CityDweller (10-11-19), Cleargreen (06-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=M_C;1071019521]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesonica View Post
    When then do I know that the photoperiod shall start? This is the time I would like to harvest and clone the next grow. I am growing my plants for months now without ever harvesting them.

How can I rate the health of my plants and how can I improve it?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nesonica For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[QUOTE=Nesonica;1071019527]
    Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    When then do I know that the photoperiod shall start? This is the time I would like to harvest and clone the next grow. I am growing my plants for months now without ever harvesting them.

How can I rate the health of my plants and how can I improve it?

Ah! Right! I think things are possibly getting lost in the translation....

Autoflowering plants (only grow from seed) and will start to flower approx. 3 weeks after germination, regardless of the light regime

Photoperiods (grown from seed or clone) will only start to flower when a 12on, 12 off, lighting regime is introduced

A good read in our novice section should answer many of these basic questions for you

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (06-11-19), CityDweller (10-11-19), Cleargreen (06-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19), Nesonica (06-11-19), Trex (06-11-19), Valentina (06-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Is this pure coco or a mix ?

Those seem like they dont get an even watering . Thats problem #2 . Those look dry .

Temps . You want those 22-28° rh 70+ in veg . 40-50 in flower .

Now i need to know exactlt what medium you are using .then ill be able to guide you more

Super OG Kush & Sour Diesel Journal
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-11-19), Cleargreen (06-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19), Nesonica (06-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Which strains are you growing?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-11-19), GEORGE (06-11-19), Trex (06-11-19)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast