Thread: Mid grow swap around

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,962 Times

Default Mid grow swap around

Excuse the title, I reckon by end november - mid december I'll be finished with whats growing now then I was planning on putting up a bigger tent, moving partion in the room my tent is in and swapping the cfl's for ish150 IS board. Well I may have this wknd free so I was wondering what opinions were regards swapping tent, light etc now and moving the plants and cfl to an upstairs room for the day while I work. Is it generally bad practice to fuck about like that and best to leave them to finish or am I being a moron for not having swapped it round soon as the bits came lol?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-11-19), WF420 (07-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Excuse the title, I reckon by end november - mid december I'll be finished with whats growing now then I was planning on putting up a bigger tent, moving partion in the room my tent is in and swapping the cfl's for ish150 IS board. Well I may have this wknd free so I was wondering what opinions were regards swapping tent, light etc now and moving the plants and cfl to an upstairs room for the day while I work. Is it generally bad practice to fuck about like that and best to leave them to finish or am I being a moron for not having swapped it round soon as the bits came lol?
    Can't see A day or two will hurt anything.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

MrC (07-11-19), WF420 (07-11-19)

Thanks

I was wondering more whether there'd be any risk to the plants by changing the environment they're in and the light source as well, if it might shock them too much and have a negative effect?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Only thing i would be wary of is the power of the LEDs! A lot of people seem to under estimate them and start to fry their plants. Cant see any issue though, just move them during lights on so as not to mess with their dark period

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-11-19), MrC (07-11-19)

Thanks

Yeh that's what bothers me, done ok so far last thing I want is to create a problem. Is it a matter of having the light too close that fries them I take it? They're autos on 24-0 now so no time limit. I know it seems a bit petty but I've read varied opinions, if every opinion said go for it I wouldn't even have made the thread, this is the 1 place I've found people's opinion to actually be bang on, never had any bad advice here. Never having used Led before and figuring it out on a plant thats doing well is a bit daunting too lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Yeh that's what bothers me, done ok so far last thing I want is to create a problem. Is it a matter of having the light too close that fries them I take it? They're autos on 24-0 now so no time limit. I know it seems a bit petty but I've read varied opinions, if every opinion said go for it I wouldn't even have made the thread, this is the 1 place I've found people's opinion to actually be bang on, never had any bad advice here. Never having used Led before and figuring it out on a plant thats doing well is a bit daunting too lol.
    Check with the company you bought the LED from, they should have A good answer for how far from your plants should be.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

MrC (07-11-19), WF420 (07-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

CFL on 24/0 is roughly the same as best leds on 8/16 (watt for watt)

Just food for thought

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-11-19), MrC (07-11-19), Trex (07-11-19), WF420 (07-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Check with the company you bought the LED from, they should have A good answer for how far from your plants should be.
    IS so its 18-22 inch away for flower, I think I'm worrying about nothing really aren't I lol, as long as I start at maybe 24 inch away? Or their recommended furthest at 22 inch do you think? Not sure how much difference 2 inch would make...although I should do lol

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-11-19), Trex (07-11-19), WF420 (07-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    CFL on 24/0 is roughly the same as best leds on 8/16 (watt for watt)

Just food for thought
    Bit of a no brainer really then haha, I'll get to work tomorrow.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Got it done today, wires are a bit messy and I had to put the light on 4 ratchets as the hanger it came with isn't adjustable. Waiting on resting temps and humidity see if anything else needs doing, Hoping for a settled environment like I had before, never needed to do much except hang some rags. Did manage to hook the extractor fan up the wrong way so it was blowing in to the tent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nt.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	376954

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-19)