Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: hello all

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by HighTokeinYoda View Post
    On a off note I've just been scanning the bay for 600w led full spectrum grow light and I get a banana of cheapish ones and a few mars ones.

Prices range from 20 up to 120 for the mars units what's the difference between the mars and cheap units is it just the name or something elce

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    Well . Depends . Go with quantum boards . Apparently the mars qb can do a decent grow . I dont know them tbh . I know HLG and invisible sun make a great unit . Check those out

Super OG Kush & Sour Diesel Journal
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-19)

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,342 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Well . Depends . Go with quantum boards . Apparently the mars qb can do a decent grow . I dont know them tbh . I know HLG and invisible sun make a great unit . Check those out

Well it's about £230 for a mars system so may end up giving the cheap OEM ones if it's just a matter of life time of the light I can't complain, besides if I like the led set-up I'll buy one of the mars ones for my next run.

Trex you seem like you know your stuff I'm just wondering if you have tried some of the cheaper OEM lights and if you had any insight into them

First Grow: Big Bud and Bud Bomb (completed)
    Second Gow: Yoda Goes Bubblegum(completed)
    Third Grow
    Yoda's DIY Northern Lights on a shoestring budget grow

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighTokeinYoda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-19), Trex (08-11-19)

Thanks

Well it's about £230 for a mars system so may end up giving the cheap OEM ones if it's just a matter of life time of the light I can't complain, besides if I like the led set-up I'll buy one of the mars ones for my next run.

Trex you seem like you know your stuff I'm just wondering if you have tried some of the cheaper OEM lights and if you had any insight into them

Other then the hlg and invible sun i tried thr blurple coloured generic chinese and were a dissappintement .

You get exactlt what you pay for unfortunetly . If i would be shelling out that kinda cash 230£ i would save a bit more and get an hlg or invisble sun .
    Stay away from genereic chinese garbage . Failure after faikure in auality department and can cause fires .

HLG is made in thr U.S and invisible sun is made in U.K .cant go wrong

But .. send Blue a pm . He has a Mars quantum board lamp . Im not exacltt sure the model but his seems to be doing a great job so far . Im sure he be glad to fill you in on the specs .

@Blue

Last edited by Trex; 08-11-19 at 10:12 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-19), HighTokeinYoda (08-11-19)

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks

Other then the hlg and invible sun i tried thr blurple coloured generic chinese and were a dissappintement .

You get exactlt what you pay for unfortunetly . If i would be shelling out that kinda cash 230£ i would save a bit more and get an hlg or invisble sun .

But .. send Blue a pm . He has a Mars quantum board lamp . Im not exacltt sure the model but his seems to be doing a great job so far . Im sure he be glad to fill you in on the specs .

@Blue

I wouldn't be expecting miracles with a Chinese OEM lamp just something to see if it's worth taking the plunge and shelling out the £230 on the next run

I think that's what their ment for just enough to get a run done sorta wet your apitite a bit

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighTokeinYoda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-19), Trex (08-11-19)

Thanks

I wouldn't be expecting miracles with a Chinese OEM lamp just something to see if it's worth taking the plunge and shelling out the £230 on the next run

I think that's what their ment for just enough to get a run done sorta wet your apitite a bit

Yea . I hate things being just "good enough" i like top end quality tbh .

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-11-19), HighTokeinYoda (08-11-19)

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks

Yea . I hate things being just "good enough" i like top end quality tbh .

I hear you there rex bro if I like the way they work I'll be chomping at the bit to get a good mars one

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighTokeinYoda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-11-19), Trex (08-11-19)

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks

I've got the "details" of that cheap o led light I was wondering if some one could look it over and give me a yay or nay on it as it may as well have been writen in Egyptian hieroglyphs to me lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HighTokeinYoda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-11-19)

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks

600W LED Grow Light Hydroponic Full Spectrum Indoor Veg Flower Plant Lamp Panel

There are so many kinds of LED grow lights in the marketplace , but most of them donot use real GROW LEDs in their grow lights, and the wavelength of their lights are totally wrong, this will kill your plants, it will waste your time and money ) Blue(430nm 460nm, Help plants growing); Red(630nm 660nm, help plants Flowering);UV(wavelength: 380nm), Our grow lights help your plants, flowers, Hydro etc grow better, the best choice for you.

High Cost-Effictive High Efficiency:

Feature afford price with energy-saving. Save 95% energy compared with HPS/HID.Beat HPS/HID and traditional LED Light.Covers a full 2' x 2'/4' x 4' ,easily replace a 300W HPS or HID while consuming 30 watts of actual power.Suitable for 100*100*180cm/120*120*200cm grow tent(not included).

New Upgraded Epistar LED chips:

Less heat release than other general grow light led's 1/2,High Par Value and High Lumen,Minimum Heat, Maximum Growth

High par value(photosynthetically active radiation)ensured high light absorption of plants to maximize the plant growth and harvest. Higher lumen and long lifespan ensured.

Best VEG-BLOOM Full Spectrum:

Special ratios of Blue/Red/UV/IR Spectrum which based on 10 years of research and testing can be fully absorbed by the plant to photosynthesis,Best for fast growth and high yield and make sure a high THC in harvest.

Product Description:

600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower helps accelerate the growth of indoor plants. Rapidly improve the health of plant and growing. Energy saving, low heat and low power consumption, high luminous efficiency and long service life.

Full Spectrum:

280nm ~ 315nm -- Influence on morphological and physiological processes is minimal

315 nm ~ 420nm -- Chlorophyll absorbs less impact photoperiod effect, prevent stem elongation

420 nm ~ 500nm (blue) -- Chlorophyll and carotenoids absorbed the largest proportion, the greatest impact on photosynthesis

500 nm ~ 620nm -- Dye absorption rate is not high

620nm ~ 750nm (red) -- Chlorophyll absorption rate "high", has a significant influence on photosynthesis and photoperiod effect

750nm ~ 1000nm -- Absorption rate, stimulate cell elongation, impact of flowering and seed germination

>1000nm -- Converted into calorie

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HighTokeinYoda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-11-19)

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks

I should also point out that this is to wet my appetite for led lighting

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HighTokeinYoda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-11-19)

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks

If the led ain't gonna work out do you guys recon I should go back to my roots and use a hps setup.

My main reason for wanting to use led is to keep the heat and the cost of my electric down.

The biggest problem I can see myself facing will be the lack of heat as I know it's supposed to be around 25 and I hardly ever have credit on my gas lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to HighTokeinYoda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-11-19)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast