Thread: Hunger or PH issue?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Hunger or PH issue?

Sorry for the lack of photo but just wanting to know how can you tell the difference between the root PH being off or if a plant is underfed? My heads not been with it this last few months obviously, to those who know why.

Got x3 chembubbly autos in coco under 600w hps. Temps, humidity spot on, plenty of airflow etc.

They're about a month into flowering, canna A+B PH down to 5.8.

1 of the plants stayed short and stout and is fine (if not a tad Nitrogen abundant) but the other 2 stretched a lot more and have yellowing leaves and bud developing very slowly compared to the short plant. It didn't start from the lower leaves, it just started in patches all over. Upped the feed in stages to 1.6 EC (my tap water is around 0.2).

Planning on flushing tonight or tomorrow but just wanting to check. Cheers guys.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Those who mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind!

Current grow- https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...600w-Mars-Leds

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale92 View Post
    Plants will yellow from the top middle outwards for hunger and ph there is alsorts of problems can arise

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Depends on the hunger requirtements. i think potassium def would start that way but nitrogen for example would start on the lowest less light collecting leaves ie the skirt around the bottoms.

Op sorry to say but that ec is super super high. I have had plants 3 feet wide and 3 feet tall on less. Your EC requirements on auto at this stage is no more than 0.4 to 0.6 above base, unless of course you have leaves displaying hunger of one element or another. From what you describe i would punt for lock out due to excess salts in the medium. So a flush is key here. 3 x pot volume or just be a lazy bastad like me and shove em in the shower until reading the water ec and ph coming out the bottom."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (13-11-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 3

Plants will yellow from the top middle outwards for hunger and ph there is alsorts of problems can arise

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dale92 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-11-19), Missy (14-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (13-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Dale92 View Post

Depends on the hunger requirtements. i think potassium def would start that way but nitrogen for example would start on the lowest less light collecting leaves ie the skirt around the bottoms.

Op sorry to say but that ec is super super high. I have had plants 3 feet wide and 3 feet tall on less. Your EC requirements on auto at this stage is no more than 0.4 to 0.6 above base, unless of course you have leaves displaying hunger of one element or another. From what you describe i would punt for lock out due to excess salts in the medium. So a flush is key here. 3 x pot volume or just be a lazy bastad like me and shove em in the shower until reading the water ec and ph coming out the bottom.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Blue (13-11-19), GEORGE (13-11-19), IceCalibur (14-11-19), Missy (14-11-19)

Thanks

Ph issues look like this but can look different depending on strain.

Mag looks like this -

Hunger of all nutrients can look very odd but the best way to describe it is multiple deficiences, mostly yellow with hues of purple, orange, brown. Hunger can look like lock out since the root zone cannot draw up nutes it becomes hungry. I would bet money though that a huge ec like you have been using is going to build up in the root zone.

I would flush her out and reset the ph to 6.0 and the EC to around 0.8

All the best

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Blue (13-11-19), GEORGE (14-11-19), IceCalibur (14-11-19), Missy (14-11-19)

Thanks

Ph issues look like this but can look different depending on strain.

Mag looks like this -

Hunger of all nutrients can look very odd but the best way to describe it is multiple deficiences, mostly yellow with hues of purple, orange, brown. Hunger can look like lock out since the root zone cannot draw up nutes it becomes hungry. I would bet money though that a huge ec like you have been using is going to build up in the root zone.

I would flush her out and reset the ph to 6.0 and the EC to around 0.8

All the best

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Blue (13-11-19), GEORGE (14-11-19), Missy (14-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times
    Provided Answers: 101

Check your run off missy both Ph and Ec... If your ec is much lower than what’s going in there feeding and still hungry. (I doubt this is the issue)

If it’s much higher than what’s going in your over feeding and have a salt build up which will also throw out the ph. (More likely)

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-19), IceCalibur (14-11-19), Missy (14-11-19), M_C (13-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (14-11-19), Trex (13-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Check your run off missy both Ph and Ec... If your ec is much lower than what’s going in there feeding and still hungry. (I doubt this is the issue)

If it’s much higher than what’s going in your over feeding and have a salt build up which will also throw out the ph. (More likely)
    ^^^^ What he says
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-19), IceCalibur (14-11-19), Missy (14-11-19), Trex (13-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Great, thanks all, will check run off and flush x

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-19), IceCalibur (14-11-19)

Thanks

Any photos Missy?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-19)