Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: biobizz and ph question?

Thanks

cheers mate ill keep you informed

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to browny73 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-11-19), GEORGE (14-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (22-11-19)

Thanks

i did a little experiment ! put 1ml of grow into 1l ow water which was 7 ph. then ph'd after the grow and it knocked it down to about 5.9. did the same with bloom but 4ml into 1l and it also knocked it down to about 5.9 . both combined knocked it down to about 5.5. i contacted biobizz and they just said yes it knocks it down just get ph+ to make it desired ph . Im thinking of trying old timers plant magic stuff?????

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to browny73 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-11-19), GEORGE (15-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (22-11-19)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by browny73 View Post
    i did a little experiment ! put 1ml of grow into 1l ow water which was 7 ph. then ph'd after the grow and it knocked it down to about 5.9. did the same with bloom but 4ml into 1l and it also knocked it down to about 5.9 . both combined knocked it down to about 5.5. i contacted biobizz and they just said yes it knocks it down just get ph+ to make it desired ph . Im thinking of trying old timers plant magic stuff?????
    I can absolutely tell you know I have grow and bloom from biobizz and it has never ever reduced my tap water from 7.1 down to 5.5 or 5.9..so I'm not sure what's happening...the amount of times I've personally used it and checked and it's hit roughly 6.8 at the very lowest.

Something isn't right.

Yeah give the plant magic a whirl, I had some good success with the old-timers bloom

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-11-19), GEORGE (16-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (22-11-19), Trex (15-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

I've been using biobizz for a fair while now and I have similar pH drops . In standard tap water, after adding my grow 2ml L, bloom 3mlL topmax 1ml L and algamic 2ml L, my pH drops to mid to low 5s. This is far too low for the soil and it will not be able to buffer it up. People always claim the soil can adjust it to suit and whilst this is true is only goes so far. Plants can produce carbonic acids to lower pH but struggle to raise it.
    Perhaps it's just our soft water that lacks the buffering calcium.
    I'd invest in some silicon, I think any will do but I use potsil, it's on eBay and is the absolute best value for money. When I add that at 1ml per ten litres of nutrient solution it always ends up around 6.5 after my biobizz has been added.
    Stick with biobizz, I'd say lower your amounts a little though, if regular watering the you may overfeed and load the soil a little too hot for when the plants should be finishing and running out of nutes as the final couple of weeks approach
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

browny73 (18-11-19), CityDweller (19-11-19), GEORGE (18-11-19), IceCalibur (18-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (22-11-19)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    I've been using biobizz for a fair while now and I have similar pH drops . In standard tap water, after adding my grow 2ml L, bloom 3mlL topmax 1ml L and algamic 2ml L, my pH drops to mid to low 5s. This is far too low for the soil and it will not be able to buffer it up. People always claim the soil can adjust it to suit and whilst this is true is only goes so far. Plants can produce carbonic acids to lower pH but struggle to raise it.
    Perhaps it's just our soft water that lacks the buffering calcium.
    I'd invest in some silicon, I think any will do but I use potsil, it's on eBay and is the absolute best value for money. When I add that at 1ml per ten litres of nutrient solution it always ends up around 6.5 after my biobizz has been added.
    Stick with biobizz, I'd say lower your amounts a little though, if regular watering the you may overfeed and load the soil a little too hot for when the plants should be finishing and running out of nutes as the final couple of weeks approach
    That is really interesting to me Prime...I have super hard water and I've never ever had those kind of readings from biobizz...so perhaps what you're suggesting regarding the calcium buffer is spot on here.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

browny73 (18-11-19), CityDweller (19-11-19), GEORGE (18-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    That is really interesting to me Prime...I have super hard water and I've never ever had those kind of readings from biobizz...so perhaps what you're suggesting regarding the calcium buffer is spot on here.
    Next time I make a batch I'll pH along the way and let you know how much it drops each time I add the next nute. When I add the potsil first though, my pH 7 tap water rises to about 8.8 and the biobizz lowers it over 2 full points to the happy 6.5ish.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-11-19), GEORGE (18-11-19), IceCalibur (18-11-19)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Next time I make a batch I'll pH along the way and let you know how much it drops each time I add the next nute. When I add the potsil first though, my pH 7 tap water rises to about 8.8 and the biobizz lowers it over 2 full points to the happy 6.5ish.
    Yeah that would be great mate, mine falls to roughly 6.8 (never lower), whilst my tap water is 7.1 lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-11-19), GEORGE (18-11-19)

Thanks

lol.....it does say when i go on the net my water is moderately soft ? i also got some old timer bloom and the ph drops massively ,the same as biobizz? only put 3ml per l in? im only on my second grow so still learning and have pretty bad deficiencies towards mid to end flower. also i have two of those ph /moisture probe things in two of the pots and they are both saying the soil ph is in the very high 7's just to add more confusion into the mix lol ??????? I thought in the beginning it might have been my Samsung LM301b led's being too bright lol . thanks for the input as well chaps your a massive help

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to browny73 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-11-19), GEORGE (18-11-19), IceCalibur (18-11-19), prime (19-11-19)

Thanks

i do feel my soil is too hot its a tricky balance........ also just a quick one chaps, you guys seem to be the guys to ask? the next lot im growing says they like calcium. What would you suggest to use to add to the soil to provide a little extra calcium??? thanks again

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browny73 For This Useful Post:

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by browny73 View Post
    i do feel my soil is too hot its a tricky balance........ also just a quick one chaps, you guys seem to be the guys to ask? the next lot im growing says they like calcium. What would you suggest to use to add to the soil to provide a little extra calcium??? thanks again
    Limestone or gypsum would be best for adding calicum but you'd need to add it to the soil months prior and gypsum would be a better choice as it doesn't effect PH

Or don't add anything to the soil and just give the girls a foliar feed of cal mag every so often.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast