Thread: HLG 550 in 3.2 x 3.2

Thanks

Default HLG 550 in 3.2 x 3.2

Hello,
    I bought HLG 550 RSPEC , which seems to be really massive light.
    At the moment I have a bit small tent for this light - I was aware of that already when I bought it, but I plan to increase grow space in next crop.

The tent I have is:
    3.2 x 3.2 x 6.5 (1m2x1m2x2m2) and I don't supply co2 yet.

I've decreased light power to 320W (I've watt meter)
    And I wondering if is still not to much? I asking because seems my plants suffer for calcium deficiency and I just can't add more nutrients/cal-mag as I should be careful with EC in early veg too, so I can't add a lot of nutrients at the moment, but maybe plants need them because of light level ? I read that I should add more nutrients if have more light than I should? And maybe if I decrease the light the plants will need less nutrients in this stage? Is that making sense? What do you think about this idea? I have 5.7 PH, EC - 1 and using Canna Aqua set at the moment. I have other topic regarding nutrients and calcium deficiency - just want to ask about the light now here as I have a feeling that I should decrease a power a bit, but i am not 100% sure. What do you guys think?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

A little on high power side for that space but if you are growing in aqua then you should be fine. Start on lower power and step it up by flower. Hang the lights slightly higher to remove central hotspot

Congratulations on your choice of light

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-11-19), GEORGE (21-11-19), JimmyG (21-11-19), Patrice (21-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    A little on high power side for that space but if you are growing in aqua then you should be fine. Start on lower power and step it up by flower. Hang the lights slightly higher to remove central hotspot

Congratulations on your choice of light
    No worries, I will decrease to 250W. Thank you sir.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimmyG For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-11-19), GEORGE (21-11-19)