Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Upper leaves and new growth drooping bad!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Just a thought,you say you are adding cal-mag every other watering? Im pretty sure that cal-mag can have adverse affects on the microherd in the soil which in turn can affect the plants uptake of nutrients.Might not be the issue but most people growing in soil use cal-mag/epsom salts as a foliage spray and not directly fed into the soil.
    Yes Kurdt i have always been of the thinking continued use of cal mag through the media can drop the ph. Are you using organic version of cal mag? I take it you are supplemeting your water for cal as its so low in ppm's>?

I would foliar them once every few weeks.

Also i would like to know how you are dropping your ph or adjusting it. Thing is you are using organic soil so any addition of acid will kill off the good shit eventually.

I would drop the cal mag and the ph'ing. I know it goes against the grain but trust me a good microherd will buffer the ph, my feeds ikn soil plants sometim,es are 9.0 but i still use it with no problems...

If it doesnt get better in few days week or so then i would flush and re intro some bene's in there
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-11-19), Kurdt (22-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBudman View Post
    ???what do you mean just feeding its self??
    For some reason the roots are struggling and the plant struggles to maiuntain pressure up the plant that keeps the growth plumped up. Have a good sniff around the roots and a good visual inspection. Note - they dont sit in run off at any time do they?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-11-19)

Thanks

???what do you mean just feeding its self??
    For some reason the roots are struggling and the plant struggles to maiuntain pressure up the plant that keeps the growth plumped up. Have a good sniff around the roots and a good visual inspection. Note - they dont sit in run off at any time do they?

look dry as fook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-11-19)

Thanks

No they dont sit in any run off the pots are on trays for fabric pot they have holes in the tray so water goes threw and there not sitting in any runoff , i use ph up and down to balance ph I've used happy frog for 3 years now and always used ph up and down with it with no problems. The happy frog soil is organic but once the nutes in the soil run low i start feeding with floranova grow wich is liquid nutes so it's not all organic, I'm gonna cut the calmag out for a couple weeks and try to foliar spray the cal mag, I was thinking maybe the calmag is locking out other nutes. I just transplanted a couple days ago and the roots were nice white no smell at all

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaliBudman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (25-11-19)

Thanks

Great advice !! In a week or 2 I'll flush them if I dont see any difference, what are benes ?? Is that nutes??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaliBudman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Yes Kurdt i have always been of the thinking continued use of cal mag through the media can drop the ph. Are you using organic version of cal mag? I take it you are supplemeting your water for cal as its so low in ppm's>?

I would foliar them once every few weeks.

Also i would like to know how you are dropping your ph or adjusting it. Thing is you are using organic soil so any addition of acid will kill off the good shit eventually.

I would drop the cal mag and the ph'ing. I know it goes against the grain but trust me a good microherd will buffer the ph, my feeds ikn soil plants sometim,es are 9.0 but i still use it with no problems...

If it doesnt get better in few days week or so then i would flush and re intro some bene's in there
    Yes I'm using a organic calmag & yes I'm supplementing calmag in my water only when I feed because my ppms are so low most of the time it reads 0 ppms on my meter straight out the tap.. so from my under standing if you have 0 ppm water then that means there is not much if any minerals in it so you would have to add calmag to put the minerals back in the water its missing??? Kinda like when your using ro water wich is 0 ppms everything in the waters been filtered out so you have to add calmag back in it . So I been treating my tap water the same since ppms are as low as ro water....is this correct??????????
    But I'm gonna stop putting the calmag in the soil and foliar spray for now and see if it improves things

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaliBudman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-11-19), Kurdt (23-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (25-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

You have nitrogen .phosphorus and mag defficiency dude and droopy . My bet is it needs watering and feeding

Super OG Kush & Sour Diesel Journal
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    You have nitrogen .phosphorus and mag defficiency dude and droopy . My bet is it needs watering and feeding

Not questing your answer but if there was nitrogen deficency wouldn't the lower fan leaves be yellowing?? Because lower leaves are green and perked up healthy,its only the top leaves and new growth drooping bottom half of plant is healthy, and mag deficency I been giving calmag 5mls every other watering for the last 3 weeks even before they started to look sick so that should be plenty to stop a mag deficency, and I water about every 3 to 4 days pots are light and dry even after watering the droopy dont go away, if it was drooping from needing water they would perk up a day or so after being watered....if its deficent in those things your saying its sounding like a lock out causing it, but I definitely dont see nitrogen deficency

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaliBudman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (25-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post

If you could explain a little on why or where your seeing n dificency so I can get a better understand if this is the reason thx in advance

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaliBudman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (25-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

They look hungry as my guess the ph is out of whack most likely due to the cal/mag. The rhubarb stems are abit of a give away to this theory. The happy frog should have plenty of nutes in it. If they were mine i would plain water no ph up or down for a week or so and see how they respond. It should balance the ph at root and allow the plant to uptake the nutrients it needs. Im not a lover flushing unless its real necessary but if they do not respond then it might be your only option.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (25-11-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast