Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parabolic for 1m x 1m tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Default Parabolic for 1m x 1m tent

Hi all, can anyone point me in the right direction for a parabolic for my tent please.
    Would a 1m diameter para be too big in my 1m x 1m tent or wouldn’t it matter too much touching the sides?
    There doesn’t seem to be much option out there for anything smaller. My standard reflector is quite shite and I wana get a few upgrades in before the grow out

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), IceCalibur (22-11-19), skunkybudmans (22-11-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Hi all, can anyone point me in the right direction for a parabolic for my tent please.
    Would a 1m diameter para be too big in my 1m x 1m tent or wouldn’t it matter too much touching the sides?
    There doesn’t seem to be much option out there for anything smaller. My standard reflector is quite shite and I wana get a few upgrades in before the grow out
    Hey Lewis, I had the same dilemma in my 1x1 and after discussing it with a friend, I realised the 1m parabolic wouldn't be the best choice due to heat getting trapped and air circulation being limited, so I went with the 80cm parabolic and am happy with it

Another thing to take into account is our tents do pull in with negative pressure so you'll be a tadge smaller in that regard too.

Oh and my parabolic is the Shinobi Ultra 95 - 80cm...(I know, I know..I didn't like the hotspots but eh..I'm a fussy one lol).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), skunkybudmans (22-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

Sunking parabolic from Holland hydro has been my choice. Think it's 55 quid
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), IceCalibur (22-11-19), LewisR19 (22-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hey Lewis, I had the same dilemma in my 1x1 and after discussing it with a friend, I realised the 1m parabolic wouldn't be the best choice due to heat getting trapped and air circulation being limited, so I went with the 80cm parabolic and am happy with it

Another thing to take into account is our tents do pull in with negative pressure so you'll be a tadge smaller in that regard too.

Oh and my parabolic is the Shinobi Ultra 95 - 80cm...(I know, I know..I didn't like the hotspots but eh..I'm a fussy one lol).
    Ah yeah I didn’t think about the negative pressure! cheers Ice this is one of the few that I did come across. How do you find it mate?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), IceCalibur (22-11-19)

9. Default

Ah yeah I didn’t think about the negative pressure! cheers Ice this is one of the few that I did come across. How do you find it mate?
    Well mate, I'm gonna be honest with you..I was concerned about hotspots with it, BUT after realising that with parabolics, they are mostly like this (thanks to others letting me know this lol )..I just make sure to turn my pots every day and all is well.

So I'm happy with it now, I do know there are some cheaper options like the one Prime recommends

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), Patrice (23-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Sunking parabolic from Holland hydro has been my choice. Think it's 55 quid
    Il have a look at this now cheers mate

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), IceCalibur (22-11-19), prime (22-11-19)

Thanks

Well mate, I'm gonna be honest with you..I was concerned about hotspots with it, BUT after realising that with parabolics, they are mostly like this (thanks to others letting me know this lol )..I just make sure to turn my pots every day and all is well.

So I'm happy with it now, I do know there are some cheaper options like the one Prime recommends
    I’m always out having a look and giving them a turn anyways mate just feel as if my reflector, reflects jack shite lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

15. Default

I’m always out having a look and giving them a turn anyways mate just feel as if my reflector, reflects jack shite lol
    Lol which one is it that you have currently?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), LewisR19 (22-11-19)

Thanks

Lol which one is it that you have currently?
    Just a standard euro reflector, need to up my game

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

19. Default

Just a standard euro reflector, need to up my game
    Nothing wrong with that mate..I know a fair few growers who use the budget reflectors and achieve fantastic results..check out Sads plants as an example

I know what you mean though, you wanna invest into it a little more..and why the hell not, let us know which you end up with.

You might get some more recommendations mind so wait a little while at least.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast