Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: First organic grow

Thanks

Default First organic grow

Hi, I'm looking for some answers after reading alot of different options that people use for soil.

I'm looking for something that's easy since this will be my first grow using autos.

What is everyone's experience using biobizz all mix? Can I use this from start to finish or should I start off in a smaller pot with the biobizz light mix?

As I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for my first grow then I was thinking to use this soil(s) and the bio bizz bloom and grow?

I would like to try and steer clear of compost tea on my first go if possible, am I missing anything or should I be adding anything to the compost mixes?

Looking forward to the replys

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Easyflyer For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (03-12-19), GEORGE (22-11-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Easyflyer View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for some answers after reading alot of different options that people use for soil.

I'm looking for something that's easy since this will be my first grow using autos.

What is everyone's experience using biobizz all mix? Can I use this from start to finish or should I start off in a smaller pot with the biobizz light mix?

As I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for my first grow then I was thinking to use this soil(s) and the bio bizz bloom and grow?

I would like to try and steer clear of compost tea on my first go if possible, am I missing anything or should I be adding anything to the compost mixes?

Looking forward to the replys

Cheers

Hi Easyflyer, I was very happy with biobizz for years, but in my opinion, something has definitely changed and it can cause problems...read this thread by Bud for more information on that - The Bio Bizz curse - Linky

I'd recommend the Oldtimer Range from Plant Magic, or Organicus which is a one bottle solution for both grow and flowering stages..good feedback on that too.

For the the soil, go for the biobizz light mix, as the all mix would be too hot for auto seedlings

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (03-12-19), Easyflyer (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), Kurdt (23-11-19), prime (22-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

Hello mate, welcome to the forum.
    Organic growing can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. Currently I'm growing organic using Biobizz nutes and two other products, potsil for silicon and mycorr hydro for mycorrhizae and beneficial bacteria.
    I use biobizz light mix for seedlings and the first two pot ups, 1 litre airport and 3 litre airports. After the 3 litres are rooted out I pot up into 25 litre fabric pots using house and garden bat mix.
    I try as much as I can to encourage a healthy soil, with plenty of beneficial bacteria, hence the addition on mycorr hydro.
    The bigger the final pot size, the better really. Here's one pic of my current plants to try and convince you ??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca_share_media1574433200159.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	377397
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (03-12-19), Easyflyer (22-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), IceCalibur (22-11-19), Kurdt (23-11-19), LewisR19 (23-11-19)

Thanks

Allllllso...... Get a pH meter. Trust me on this.
    People say you don't need one in soil/ organic growing but honestly there can be so much variability between UK water composition then having one will help rule out many problems

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (03-12-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), IceCalibur (22-11-19), Valentina (27-11-19)

Thanks

Thanks iceCalibur and prime for your replys.

That's a good read, thanks for pointing me towards it. I'll look into the old timer nutes more closely, and just use light mix soil.

Should I just forget about the allmix entirely since it's an autoflower and should only be around 9 weeks to harvest?

I could maybe just put the germinated seed in a big pot straight away to save any shock to the plant?

Also should I wait a week or 2 before feeding nutes if it's in the light mix?

I live in a very soft water area but I'll test my water's ph to be safe

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easyflyer For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (03-12-19), GEORGE (22-11-19), IceCalibur (22-11-19)

Thanks

Also what about liquid seaweed? I've seen a few videos that caligreen does on his YouTube channel and he uses it all the time, urb also

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Easyflyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I use Biobizz fish mix, bloom and algamic for the seaweed. Topmax for humic/ fulvic when I'm flowet. You Can use the seaweed as a foliar feed also

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    I use Biobizz fish mix, bloom and algamic for the seaweed. Topmax for humic/ fulvic when I'm flowet. You Can use the seaweed as a foliar feed also
    I can see myself spending a small fortune on nutrients by the sounds of this.
    I see that you've had success using the biobizz range then?
    Do you have an updated feeding chart?
    The last one I seen was almost 10 years old I think

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Easyflyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

https://biobizz.com/product/starters·pack/

Would you recommend this?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Easyflyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah I'll find the chart and post a pic.
    The trial pic looks fine to me mate, you should get through the full grow and beyond with it. I've not used the bio heaven though so can't comment, it's probably alright though, but expensive

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (03-12-19), Easyflyer (23-11-19), GEORGE (22-11-19)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast