Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When to chop before its fucked

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,963 Times

Default When to chop before its fucked

So this has done fine for most its life then I fed, changed light to led and I really have no idea whats up with it now. Been treated for mag def to no avail, leaves just carried on yellowing and dying. May have been nitrogen def if not enough in soil, never used veg nutes, or light burn from led. Anyway half the pistils are brown on most buds and very few trichs are amber, some seem cloudy but mostly clear. What ever the Problem is its taking every leaf and the more that it takes the more leaves close to the buds it starts on next so I'm guessing when it has no leaves it starts on buds? No idea. What I'd like to know, if anyone has any insight, is when should I just say fuck it and chop it?

Little bit of info : Auto easy bud, in soil, 8wks and 2 days old, had bio canna bloom nutes and bio boost, never more than 2 ml per Ltr, 4 ltrs a time, fed every other watering. First grow so never expected bling bling and when I changed the light etc I expected problems. Stinks of cheese...and yeh, we're still talking about the plant

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	377403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	377404Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	377405

This leaf was pretty sound 2-3 days ago Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	377406

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (24-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (26-11-19)

Thanks

Plants grown under led require much more calcium and magnesium. I used to get away with the occasional foliage spray with hps but now I am using led I have to add calmag to every feed.

I am in coco where as you are in soil so there may be different remedies to the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patrice For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (24-11-19), MrC (23-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (26-11-19), UpT0wn (27-11-19), Valentina (28-11-19)

Thanks

Aah didn't know that, I'm impulsive, saw the money in my bank and just thought "led, better light, more weed" lol, never really read in to it much, will be taking a lot on board for the next one. Got a sour diesel that hasn't had any problems with the change, not like this one anyway.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

G' (23-11-19), GEORGE (24-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (26-11-19), UpT0wn (27-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Mrcanna wasnt it you i said to last week or so that led has an effect on cal / mag?
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-19), MrC (26-11-19), UpT0wn (27-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Mrcanna wasnt it you i said to last week or so that led has an effect on cal / mag?
    Yes mate, I've given it epsom twice and already looked into getting calmag, was gonna go for canna as I already have their bio nutes but if there's something better let me know man, will order it this week. Obviously bad time of year for more expenses but I am on it. Point of this post was really to find out if when the leaves are all fucked, is it going to start ruining the buds. Checking trichs waiting on them turning cloudy but have no idea when they'll get cloudy, very few are amber. Yeh I wasn't ignoring what you said, locked in the memory bank for next grow. Just that this has gone south so quickly lol, really is a shadow of it's former self. Light is up to 25 in now

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (27-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

last few grows ive had really bad problems,(which i put down to LED and cal-mag,) but have always got them to harvest.Everything is fine through veg but it kicks in when they start to flower, every leaf gets affected, they yellow then start getting brown spots and die off.buds have always been great though!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-19), MrC (26-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (27-11-19), UpT0wn (27-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    last few grows ive had really bad problems,(which i put down to LED and cal-mag,) but have always got them to harvest.Everything is fine through veg but it kicks in when they start to flower, every leaf gets affected, they yellow then start getting brown spots and die off.buds have always been great though!
    Thats reassuring, cheers man. Hoping it's nearly ready anyway, wasn't expecting it to get huge, rough start. I've been surprisingly patient really, that was a massive putoff growing my own for a long time. Just keep it going and keep checking trichs. Won't ignore this cal mag issue though, next time I'll start feeding it little and often early on.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-19), Kurdt (26-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (27-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Ha ha Kurdt its all good mate, your buds prob taste great due to this

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-11-19), Kurdt (28-11-19), MrC (27-11-19)

Thanks

ok biys i have one that will make you feel better.

Its a gelato auto - growing semi organic well na no not organic but not phing at all, using molasses as boost. For the last 3 weeks it has got more and more yellow, the leaflets on the buds have yelloowed and now the buds are loosing color up top. But i dont care, the bud is sticky and smelly. I will give her til friday and chop. IMO the more yellow you get it the tastier it will be with less NPK in the bud...

I guess in my own mis guided way im saying dont worry about it if your buds are made and just waiting on trich change

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-11-19), Kurdt (28-11-19), MrC (27-11-19)

Thanks

Yeh man, got the obvious paranoia of a first time grower lol, checking trichs about 5 ish each day from now on, most pistils are brown on all except very lower mini buds

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (28-11-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast