Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Banana

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabug View Post
    I have a quick question. Would the 600w dual spec be ok if I were to turn the digi ballast down to 400w?
    Thanks in advance
    You can, but getting A 400W bulb would be much better on the 400W setting. JMO

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (30-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,218 Times

Thanks hotshot 400 hps it is then.
    Reason I ask because I did have a 600w dual spec into a digi ballast set at 600w
    Electric ran out yesterday or so I thought but it was the light from the groom in my garage which is around 2-3°c
    Basically a bricked shed with a roof. I only have a double socket in there that I notice the boiler gets its feed from as there is plastic trunking along the walls covering the cables. My setup is a double socket adapter clipped along the rafters to otherside to tent 'about 4+mtrs' then a grow timer to digi ballast then to vertical 600w holder.
    I'm currently using a 1000w led that offers no heat really but grabbed a 125w cfl of a friend to use up the free socket on adapter for some extra heat. Better than nothing suppose but the 600w gave enough heat for the tent..
    Any suggestions welcome. I'll fire a couple of pics up in 10mins or so but not much has changed with the plants.
    Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-12-19)

Thanks

Sorry ment to add that the 600w setup atm is tripping off the houses electric. I tried turning light on twice and it tripped it twice as I had to pull switch back up in main electric board.
    Ahh the Joy's

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,322 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabug View Post
    Thanks hotshot 400 hps it is then.
    Reason I ask because I did have a 600w dual spec into a digi ballast set at 600w
    Electric ran out yesterday or so I thought but it was the light from the groom in my garage which is around 2-3°c
    Basically a bricked shed with a roof. I only have a double socket in there that I notice the boiler gets its feed from as there is plastic trunking along the walls covering the cables. My setup is a double socket adapter clipped along the rafters to otherside to tent 'about 4+mtrs' then a grow timer to digi ballast then to vertical 600w holder.
    I'm currently using a 1000w led that offers no heat really but grabbed a 125w cfl of a friend to use up the free socket on adapter for some extra heat. Better than nothing suppose but the 600w gave enough heat for the tent..
    Any suggestions welcome. I'll fire a couple of pics up in 10mins or so but not much has changed with the plants.
    Thanks
    Why don’t you just invest in a heater bro control your temps better than a cfl and come winter when temps get really low that cfl won’t do a thing in my opinion
    Id run a spur of your double socket and create a extra socket
    But before that I’d find out why your electrics tripping lol
    I’m no sparky so can’t help you that side mukka
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenEm For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (30-11-19), GEORGE (01-12-19)

Thanks

Thanks green em I'd love to do that. If I could get another singler extension lead from the fixed 2 gang on the wall I would. I know without the weather and frost about it's not going to tickle the groom heatwise.
    Kind of stomped

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-12-19)

Thanks

Here's the pics
    I'll try an get afew pics of electric up to brainstorm later if it's not too cold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191130_170857.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	377618
    The Banana

Name:	20191130_170844.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	377619
    Ultimate

Name:	20191130_170838.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	377620
    Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-12-19)

Thanks

So earlier I grabbed another 600w ballast that I know works, tried it into the extension lead and.... ping goes the main electric trip fs. Flicked switch back on and tried again with the 600w setup only bypassing the extension lead and the grow timer. So bulb,holder and ballast straight into the double socket and....
    Ping, out goes the electric
    Absolutely stumped, I think the socket in the garage would take the surge to power the 600w hps light setup. Strange as I've never had a problem before?
    Looking at alternatives on ebay. Thinking COB 1200w and small heater
    The Ultimate is looking ok but the banana is starting to resemble a cabbage by curling inwards. Ec and ph are both 1 ec and 5.8 ph
    Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

Possibility of damp in the socket your using? I've had this issue before, turns out water had gone In the socket

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (13-12-19), GEORGE (13-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrollerbean View Post
    Possibility of damp in the socket your using? I've had this issue before, turns out water had gone In the socket
    Thanks LRB. I never thought of that tbh but what puzzles me is that both sockets take the less and cfl together but seems anything like a 600w ballast is creating too much surge for the socket to take. Yet it worked fine with the 600w setup before

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-19)

Thanks

*led and cfl*
    Thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast