Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Old grower returning - bulb advice

Thanks

If you swap the bulbs and you have a dog ballasts you could veg with 400w bulbs and they will soon pay for themselves with the saved electric, you can use decent mh bulbs for 10 grows easily.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigjaw For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-12-19), gardro (10-12-19), GEORGE (10-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Current common belief is that plants grow better under a fuller spectrum. I was not aware of different types of HPS bulbs producing light in different spectrums. The HPS bulbs I have used did fine for veg and flowers (MH reduces stretch) but I feel that the other light choices that offer a fuller spectrum produce a higher quality result. HPS will still give bigger yields due to light penetration but the weed grown under a fuller spectrum will be more potent.

First image is full spectrum LED. The issues is light penetration.

I am currently on my first LED grow and I am hoping that the expensive LED's i got will come very close to the HPS when it comes to yield while being more potent and tasting better.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (10-12-19), GEORGE (10-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lukeDrs View Post
    Cheers for the fast response guys,

I know I can use the dual spectrum HPS in flowering - but has anyone tested the difference in yield between dual spectrum HPS and regular red spectrum HPS in flowering? Is there is hardly anything in it I'll probably just go dual spectrum HPS for veg & flower. I just didn't want the dual spectrum HPS effecting my yield if it gives off 50% blue spectrum.
    I use A red LED Bloom Buster, for veg and flower. It has very little blue light, and tons of red light. Red light will grow bigger and better plants than blue light will. They have many of test over on google, just go have A look. Although when I use my MH-HPS, I usually veg with MH and flower with HPS anyway. JMO

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-12-19), gardro (10-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

There is an optimal spectrum ( ask a guy called McCree although he's out of date now )but like said above the difference between any old light and ideal wont be that match to yield.

Too much blue is a growth inhibitor

Too much red, far red really panics plants into thinking they are in shade

Quality, aesthetics and speed may be another debate.

Amount of light is most important so its best to bear in mind that 1w of hps is roughly the same amount of light as 2w of mh.

Heres the optimal spectrum, how much action each colour provides and how absorbable each colour is, blue left and red right if you like a piccy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-12-19), GEORGE (10-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    There is an optimal spectrum ( ask a guy called McCree although he's out of date now )but like said above the difference between any old light and ideal wont be that match to yield.

Too much blue is a growth inhibitor

Too much red, far red really panics plants into thinking they are in shade

Quality, aesthetics and speed may be another debate.

Amount of light is most important so its best to bear in mind that 1w of hps is roughly the same amount of light as 2w of mh.

Heres the optimal spectrum, how much action each colour provides and how absorbable each colour is, blue left and red right if you like a piccy

I like all of those positions.

But not with my back.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-12-19), Easy-T (10-12-19), gardro (10-12-19), GEORGE (10-12-19)

Thanks

iv used them both never noticed any diference... only with the blue in veg i did notice it was more compact for sure.. however at the moment im using 3 600 watt. 2 HPS for flower and one dual, only reason im using that dual is I cant be bothered forking out on a new bulb.. that side of the grow is no bigger or smaller than the hps side.
    AGAINST the legalization of cannabis.. the business is already set up do you want to work for some big company at minimum wage?

decriminalization is all we need.ask an American.. Where now they pay thc tax and can't afford enough Meds plus the card ruins most insurance ..no rant this is factual

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2