Thread: Crop, light or dark?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

Default Crop, light or dark?

So when you chop a plant down and hang it to dry its best at about 21c and 50% humidity I read, but does it have to be pitch black or doesn't it matter?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-11-19), G' (01-12-19), GEORGE (25-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (04-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    So when you chop a plant down and hang it to dry its best at about 21c and 50% humidity I read, but does it have to be pitch black or doesn't it matter?
    I have yet to see any conclusive proven answers to this question. My guess is that if there is an actual difference you would need scientific machines to determine what that tiny difference is. Imho good weed is good and bad weed is bad. I chop when I have time.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

G' (01-12-19), GEORGE (25-11-19), Kurdt (25-11-19), MrC (25-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (04-12-19)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    I think it’s too warm. The cooler the better providing you keep the RH in check. The best weed I’ve ever had was dried in the fridge over a few weeks. I dry in the dark because I normally hang it in the tent

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

G' (01-12-19), GEORGE (25-11-19), MrC (25-11-19)

Thanks

Tortoise and hare , slower dry better result. I'll have to use the tent too. Fuckin dreadin this part, only time I wanna have to see bud rot is on google

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

G' (01-12-19), GEORGE (25-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (04-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Im the rot master mate. Lost tons as i grow outside in the damp and cold. I find bringing them a bit lower than the magic 62 - say 53-58 then jarring them up to equalise is failsafe. End up at 62 so i basically add moisture or trap it in a controlled way. Ive not had rotten drying buds yet but have saved buds from a plant that lost roughly a third to the dreaded.

If you are normal and grow inside, the risk isnt so bad though

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

G' (01-12-19), GEORGE (25-11-19), MrC (25-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Im the rot master mate. Lost tons as i grow outside in the damp and cold. I find bringing them a bit lower than the magic 62 - say 53-58 then jarring them up to equalise is failsafe. End up at 62 so i basically add moisture or trap it in a controlled way. Ive not had rotten drying buds yet but have saved buds from a plant that lost roughly a third to the dreaded.

If you are normal and grow inside, the risk isnt so bad though
    Sound man, not gonna yield a lot as it is so losing any will be a gut punch. Just keep my eye on it, best lessons are always learned from mistakes I reckon, but like you say it's easier inside and I've been lucky in being able to control temp and humidity quite easily.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

G' (01-12-19), GEORGE (25-11-19)