Thread: BB Blue Cheese yellow

Thanks

Default BB Blue Cheese yellow

Hello

I have 3 Blue Cheese from BB and I am wondering why the ones in my DWC pots are yellowing, I have grown Blue Cheese before and had nice yields but these 2 are yellowing, the plant in the root pot is also a Blue Cheese but that is healthy, I have had issues with spider mites, a NL auto that didn't autoflower and now I have this to deal with.

I am in a hard water area but that has not been a problem before, I am using Canna Aqua Vega at around 15ml in 17ltr pots.

If someone can solve this it would be great, is this lockout? I have not PH adjusted and I feel that may be the issue but I have grown them before without PH adjustment.

Thanks to anyone that helps.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191126_230514[1].jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	377576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191126_230524[1].jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	377577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191126_230534[1].jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	377578

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smokiegrowie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (28-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by smokiegrowie View Post
    Hello

I have 3 Blue Cheese from BB and I am wondering why the ones in my DWC pots are yellowing, I have grown Blue Cheese before and had nice yields but these 2 are yellowing, the plant in the root pot is also a Blue Cheese but that is healthy, I have had issues with spider mites, a NL auto that didn't autoflower and now I have this to deal with.

I am in a hard water area but that has not been a problem before, I am using Canna Aqua Vega at around 15ml in 17ltr pots.

If someone can solve this it would be great, is this lockout? I have not PH adjusted and I feel that may be the issue but I have grown them before without PH adjustment.

Thanks to anyone that helps.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191126_230514[1].jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	377576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191126_230524[1].jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	377577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191126_230534[1].jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	377578
    Hello mate, i have grown BB blue cheese a few times now and usually in coco. However i have done DWC too and from memory there are several factors here. One is temp of the nute mix in the pot. And another is ph, you need to run a ph between 5.6 - 6.0. As your plants feed they make the ph rise. You need to keep knocking the ph back down. As the nute mix gets used by the plants you can run in to an effect where the ec is too low in the bucket, which results in leeching nutes back from the plant. Change the water every 5 days with fresh nutes and keep knocking the ph back down. Also dont over do the bubbling as this can cause issues, just one small stone in each should be fine
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (28-11-19), GEORGE (28-11-19)

Thanks

Btw that plant photo in the middle defo looks hungry what ec are you feeding at and what is the base ec of the tap water and ph before adding nutes?

if you are in hard water im guessing the ec base is around 0.4 up and the ph 7.6 ish?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (28-11-19), GEORGE (28-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Without EC & PH readings, it's just guessing....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (28-11-19), GEORGE (28-11-19), SmobyToker#1 (29-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Without EC & PH readings, it's just guessing....
    Ha ha this is soooo true Mc

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-11-19), M_C (29-11-19)

Thanks

Hello

Thanks for answering, I never actually measure EC, never have and have had very good yields, this one just surprised me, I am using Canna at 10ml per 17l pot shifted now to 15ml, I have found Canna too concentrated to use at the recommended dose.

I have only one stone per pot, I will change the water and nutes today anyway so when I do I will lower he PH a bit. It is always teh same, about 1ml of acid works.

The PH is indeed abut 7.6, Canna says that once PH is set it is then left and has buffers.

They are beginning to flower now so I will hope they grow better, don't want them being a waste, my last blue cheese got 45g and was super sticky and smelly and such a good vape, made some full melt too and got 1.7 from 10gs, that was just wonderful, my NL auto that I have 12/12'd is now looking better, she has buds on and lots of sites.

I have a TH SEEDS French Macaron I ma vegging and she is looking nice, I have her in a fiber pot in a plastic bag to keep the pot wet so the roots grow fully into the shape. Will begin flowering in about 2/3 weeks and am looking foward to that one.

Will keep this threat updated I guess with some more pics when they are a bit bigger etc.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smokiegrowie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-12-19), SmobyToker#1 (02-12-19)

Thanks

Hello

Thanks for answering, I never actually measure EC, never have and have had very good yields, this one just surprised me, I am using Canna at 10ml per 17l pot shifted now to 15ml, I have found Canna too concentrated to use at the recommended dose.

I have only one stone per pot, I will change the water and nutes today anyway so when I do I will lower he PH a bit. It is always teh same, about 1ml of acid works.

The PH is indeed abut 7.6, Canna says that once PH is set it is then left and has buffers.

They are beginning to flower now so I will hope they grow better, don't want them being a waste, my last blue cheese got 45g and was super sticky and smelly and such a good vape, made some full melt too and got 1.7 from 10gs, that was just wonderful, my NL auto that I have 12/12'd is now looking better, she has buds on and lots of sites.

I have a TH SEEDS French Macaron I ma vegging and she is looking nice, I have her in a fiber pot in a plastic bag to keep the pot wet so the roots grow fully into the shape. Will begin flowering in about 2/3 weeks and am looking foward to that one.

Will keep this threat updated I guess with some more pics when they are a bit bigger etc.
    Lucky sod love th seeds, the sage is amazing....um 45g from a blue cheese is quite low bruv. unless it was your first try or something?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19)

Thanks

Hello

Lucky sod love th seeds, the sage is amazing....um 45g from a blue cheese is quite low bruv. unless it was your first try or something?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Hello

This is why it is important to measure your EC... if everything is good then that's great

But not all plants like the same regime so you can't use a preset formula

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19), SmobyToker#1 (03-12-19)