Thread: Help needed

Thanks

Default Answered: Help needed

Hi guys, quick question. I was using a 400w MH for veg and my pal gave me a 600w Hps for flower but since changing over I've been struggling to keep it under 80° and noticed a bit of light burning on the leaves but only on the leaves that are directly below the bulb. Would I be able to interchange they bulbs e.g 2x days on 400w MH & 1x on 600w hps. It's 2 different ballasts so I can't dim them or that. The 600w was 70cm away from plants but I can lower the 400w to about 40cms if I'm able to change bulbs about. My girls are still looking great apart from a bit if light burn so don't know what I should do, I posted pics of my girls to show where the burning is and to show that the rest are doing good.

ANY AND ALL ADVICE WELCOMED...

Elaines_Phone_2019

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by elaineferguson1980 View Post
    Hi guys, quick question. I was using a 400w MH for veg and my pal gave me a 600w Hps for flower but since changing over I've been struggling to keep it under 80° and noticed a bit of light burning on the leaves but only on the leaves that are directly below the bulb. Would I be able to interchange they bulbs e.g 2x days on 400w MH & 1x on 600w hps. It's 2 different ballasts so I can't dim them or that. The 600w was 70cm away from plants but I can lower the 400w to about 40cms if I'm able to change bulbs about. My girls are still looking great apart from a bit if light burn so don't know what I should do, I posted pics of my girls to show where the burning is and to show that the rest are doing good.

Elaines_Phone_2019
    You sure it is light burn and not N burn? You can get your 600W HPS as close as 43cm with out any problems. JMO It looks like your leaves are turning down, if they are, that is too much N."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to elaineferguson1980 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by elaineferguson1980 View Post

Elaines_Phone_2019
    You sure it is light burn and not N burn? You can get your 600W HPS as close as 43cm with out any problems. JMO It looks like your leaves are turning down, if they are, that is too much N.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

elaineferguson1980 (28-11-19), M_C (28-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    You sure it is light burn and not N burn? You can get your 600W HPS as close as 43cm with out any problems. JMO It looks like your leaves are turning down, if they are, that is too much N.
    Thanks for your help, I'll try cutting the N back a little bit & see how it goes, hopefully that's what it is & I've caught it in time

Elaines_Phone_2019

7. The Following User Says Thank You to elaineferguson1980 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-11-19)