Thread: Light schedule for autos ?

Chew Guest

Default Light schedule for autos ?

Has anyone here actually grown an auto on anything other than 18hrs plus? I know they say yield will suffer but by how much?

My last 5-6 photo grows I used the GLR for veg and imo, it’s way better. Growth doesn’t suffer at all. I know autos are different so just wondering anyone has tried anything like 12/12 throughout with an auto?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

BB (01-12-19), Cleargreen (01-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    Has anyone here actually grown an auto on anything other than 18hrs plus? I know they say yield will suffer but by how much?

My last 5-6 photo grows I used the GLR for veg and imo, it’s way better. Growth doesn’t suffer at all. I know autos are different so just wondering anyone has tried anything like 12/12 throughout with an auto?
    Due to the short life of an auto..I would say anything under 18 hours would see a significant reduction in yield.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (01-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19), GreenIRL (01-12-19), Kurdt (01-12-19), Valentina (02-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,982 Times

Heard of folks do 24hrs but I also hear from others and breeder wedsites that 20/4 is the best.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenIRL For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (01-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Due to the short life of an auto..I would say anything under 18 hours would see a significant reduction in yield.
    So you haven’t actually tried then?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (01-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19)

9. Default

So you haven’t actually tried then?
    No..I haven't tried, but as I say, the general consensus is that 18 is the bare minimum..they just do not have the time to get big enough with that short amount of light exposure.

Perhaps someone who has will be able to share their opinion with you too

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (01-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19), Kurdt (01-12-19), Valentina (02-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

I had one auto in with my grow of photo's that I ran on 12/12 from the start, buds were very airy on the auto while the photos had proper buds and two strains were even excellent with rock hard nugs.

I'm not yet sold on the 24-0 for autos either, although it is bloody convenient in winter when you need all the heat you can get.
    Last edited by Cleargreen; 01-12-19 at 09:29 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19), IceCalibur (01-12-19), Kurdt (01-12-19), Valentina (02-12-19)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    I had one auto in with my grow of photo's that I ran on 12/12 from the start, buds were very airy on the auto while the photos had proper buds and two strains were even excellent with rock hard nugs.

I'm not yet sold on the 24-0 for autos either, although it is bloody convenient in winter when you need all the heat you can get.
    I’m just curious on how much it affects yield and quality. Most people grow photos in veg on 18 or 24 but I use 12-1 and it gives way healthier plants without growth suffering. I also run DLR for flower. I hate the thought of running my light for 18hours tbh! Lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (01-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19), IceCalibur (01-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

I was interested in testing this but iv just not had the space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (01-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19), IceCalibur (01-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Can't say much about yield to be honest, these were the yields of that particular grow and because all yields were quite small since I was running 6 plants under a 60 watt Invisible Sun panel so it's hard to say how significant the differences are. On top of that I was breeding seeds as well.
    A bit of veg time would've increased the yield I'm sure of that. Next time I'll veg for at least 2 weeks before flipping because it takes about 3 weeks anyway for plants to start flowering if you start them on 12/12

Cream&Cheese CBD 3.9 gram these took second place in terms of nug density
    Dinamed Auto CBD 5.1 gram
    Northern Lights 6.2 gram
    Super Critical Bud CBD 6.7 gram
    The Church CBD 7.3 gram These were the hardest nugs
    Critical Orange Punch 12.3 gram (this was the Pepsi bottle so twice the soil volume as the other plants)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19), IceCalibur (01-12-19), Vlad the Inhaler (01-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,117 Times

I do 19/5. It works fine for me.. I have messed around with timings in the past and it doesn’t seem to make much difference. All depends on the seed itself IMO.

Switching the lights off saves you bucks tho!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (02-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19)