Thread: Cuttings from cuttings

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Default Answered: Cuttings from cuttings

Rite sonim after some info from you all regarding taking cuttings from cuttings.

Basically I've had cuttings from a mother.....I've taken cuttings from these cuttings which have been great so far.

My question is how many times can you repeat this....like every time you take a cuttings does it change the way the plant was originally or will it still be as strong as the first.

Might be a daft question but I needed to ask

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    Rite sonim after some info from you all regarding taking cuttings from cuttings.

Basically I've had cuttings from a mother.....I've taken cuttings from these cuttings which have been great so far.

My question is how many times can you repeat this....like every time you take a cuttings does it change the way the plant was originally or will it still be as strong as the first.

Cheers

The exodus clone has been doing the rounds since the late 80s....A clone is genetically identical to its mother so it shouldn't degenerate over time.

Regards BL"

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (02-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19), GreenIRL (03-12-19), The budda (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post

Cheers

The exodus clone has been doing the rounds since the late 80s....A clone is genetically identical to its mother so it shouldn't degenerate over time.

Regards BL

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (02-12-19), Done420 (02-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19), GreenIRL (03-12-19), IceCalibur (01-12-19), The budda (05-12-19), Trex (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Ask two different equally experienced growers/clone takers and they will give you two different answers. I know it's slightly different but I did read on another forum that someone has experienced a 20% drop taking clones from a feminized seed mother ( he may chime in on this thread as I know he sometimes pops in).

I have just started buying regular seeds in hope that I will get a keeper. Will try and sex them before 12/12 then take some cuts to flower and keep the original seed plant as a mother (from the best performing cut) but that is just me.

Ask 10 experienced growers and they will all give you different answers regarding clones from clones, my mate does it and he told me he started to se a decline after around 12 months but I think he was just getting sick of the same old weed in truth.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19), GreenIRL (03-12-19), The budda (05-12-19), Trex (03-12-19), Valentina (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

No probs at all

I have made mothers with the same cuts over and over and over .as soon as they would rootbound i would make a cut toss the mother and make a new mother with it
    It gets better tbh . As it evolves and gets accustomed to your growing environments

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Done420 (04-12-19), GEORGE (03-12-19), GreenIRL (03-12-19), The budda (05-12-19), toblue (03-12-19), Valentina (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times
    Provided Answers: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post

Regards BL
    Have to totally agree with the old oracle here I’ve had the exo cheese Luton cut from back in the day I took cutting from clones just before flip never seen any change I’m im actually on the look out for her again lost her moving house couple off years ago
    I’ve been doing the same with Amnesia Haze Coffee Shop Cut and E,C,S,D Ajs cut for about 7 years and as far as I know they where on the go for about 10 years before they made it to my room
    Secret is to keep the plant you take clones from healthy and your cuts will be the same

Up the irons

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-19), IceCalibur (05-12-19), Trex (05-12-19), Valentina (05-12-19)

Thanks

Degradation comes through plant viruses developing but a good grower should have no problem keeping a mother alive and healthy to eliminate this.

There's just too much anecdotal evidence of strains being kept alive with no degradation to ignore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-19), toblue (07-12-19)