Thread: Long term cal-mag issues.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Default Long term cal-mag issues.

Living in a soft water area,I believe most of my problems are being caused by a lack of cal-mag in the water and the fact that the QB LED's seem to make the plants that much more hungrier for it.I can foliage spray during veg obviously but the problems generally dont start until flower so I cant use the spray.It also seems that many people believe that adding cal-mag directly to the soil has an effect on the microherd so to counter this,would it be possible to add weekly/fortnightly feeds of something like TNC Mycorr Hydro to keep the levels up while feeding cal-mag into the soil or would this be pointless as the microherd wouldnt be able to establish and keep being killed off?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19), Herbitual (02-12-19), RASTA (02-12-19), UpT0wn (02-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

I'm interested in this myself man. Never given cal/mag for the reasons you stated but I know Priapus did and he got some cracking buds.
    All the nute companies state there's everything you need in them but I'm always lacking cal/mag a few weeks into flower. I've sprayed epsoms in flower (Trex recommended it) and it did no harm. Never liked the idea of spraying midflower though.
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19), Kurdt (02-12-19), RASTA (02-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wn View Post
    I'm interested in this myself man. Never given cal/mag for the reasons you stated but I know Priapus did and he got some cracking buds.
    All the nute companies state there's everything you need in them but I'm always lacking cal/mag a few weeks into flower. I've sprayed epsoms in flower (Trex recommended it) and it did no harm. Never liked the idea of spraying midflower though.
    Its plagued me for about the past 3 grows,ive tried everything.......The only thing I havnt and have been reluctant to is doing a once or twice weekly feed of cal-mag straight into the soil but its looking like my only option.But like i said also,this time ill be trying to top up the microherd with the Mycorr regularly. Ive got some dark devil seeds which I found a quick grower so after this green crack grow,im going to try it with one of them and see how it goes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19), RASTA (02-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Its plagued me for about the past 3 grows,ive tried everything.......The only thing I havnt and have been reluctant to is doing a once or twice weekly feed of cal-mag straight into the soil but its looking like my only option.But like i said also,this time ill be trying to top up the microherd with the Mycorr regularly. Ive got some dark devil seeds which I found a quick grower so after this green crack grow,im going to try it with one of them and see how it goes.
    I was in the same boat as you Kurdt. I been growing in coco though. Always had cal mag deffs. My background EC is 0.2. I then decided to add calmag in my feed. Only a little to raise EC from 0.2 to 0.4, then ad add A&B from there.
    Seemed to work a treat past few grows. Not sure how it would work in soil though. But you could still foliar feed it in flower, just as long as you got good air movement n dont pure soak the buds. Seen it done without issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19), Kurdt (02-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Egg shells - Egg shells add very valuable nutrients to your soil medium. Mainly calcium, which is fantastic for the flowering stage since your plant eats those up pretty quickly and can greatly reduce calcium deficiencies. Make sure you grind them up very fine before adding them to your soil or putting them around your plant so they break down quickly and be used by your plants. Egg shells can also prevent bud rot in general, especially at the end of your harvest

I took this from somewhere on net and giving it a nudge after running into a few problems after about 5 or 6 weeks being in the soil, I've Allways put it down to mag deficiency but it never cleared up so my next tick of the box is calcium
    I can't really see it having an adverse affect

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-19), Kurdt (02-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Living in a soft water area,I believe most of my problems are being caused by a lack of cal-mag in the water and the fact that the QB LED's seem to make the plants that much more hungrier for it.I can foliage spray during veg obviously but the problems generally dont start until flower so I cant use the spray.It also seems that many people believe that adding cal-mag directly to the soil has an effect on the microherd so to counter this,would it be possible to add weekly/fortnightly feeds of something like TNC Mycorr Hydro to keep the levels up while feeding cal-mag into the soil or would this be pointless as the microherd wouldnt be able to establish and keep being killed off?
    I have soft water, and no problems with cal mag. I do have egg shells in my soil, I guess that helps.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

IceCalibur (03-12-19), Kurdt (03-12-19)