Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Small problems at beginning of flower

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

This looks like mostly a phosphorus deficiency and a bit hungry for N as well to me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-12-19)

Thanks

iv gotten grievance for doing this but its my tried and tested thing.. i put a couple of ml of calmag in my first water.. as it says on the bottle helps the plant with the uptake of nutrients and greener leaves.. my leaf goes deeper green and sometimes i use nutes never for a whole 20 liters pot grow.. or maybe 3 times... that's it. please feel free to abuse me but its live and learn and i like it.
    AGAINST the legalization of cannabis.. the business is already set up do you want to work for some big company at minimum wage?

decriminalization is all we need.ask an American.. Where now they pay thc tax and can't afford enough Meds plus the card ruins most insurance ..no rant this is factual

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    This looks like mostly a phosphorus deficiency and a bit hungry for N as well to me.
    Yeah i got full dose on her now... will see if that helps! Not much more I can do.. even added some Hesi Boost! But tbh... she doenst look too bad... hope shes gonna recover soon with enough nutes! Ty guys.. also prolly get some calmag!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evergreentangerine For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-12-19), GEORGE (22-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evergreentangerine View Post
    also prolly get some calmag!
    I really would try it sometimes i used to get 9 plants all same strain same medium... and one would grow all scrawny and not nice.. started adding the calmag and now iv never seen that problem arise again.. would be great to be able to keep mothers and be certain what i was growing.. but inspections and such don't allow me to keep them.
    So all goes from seed or occasionally iv managed to grab a few clones at the beginning.... but nothing set up as a consistent flow. seems some one else said cal... it will actually help the plant draw up more N. if you have knocked it out of whack it may be struggling to absorb stuff..
    Im only taking guesses based on what i do to avoid any of this happening in the first place.
    Last edited by thehulk; 22-12-19 at 11:14 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
    I really would try it sometimes i used to get 9 plants all same strain same medium... and one would grow all scrawny and not nice.. started adding the calmag and now iv never seen that problem arise again.. would be great to be able to keep mothers and be certain what i was growing.. but inspections and such don't allow me to keep them.
    So all goes from seed or occasionally iv managed to grab a few clones at the beginning.... but nothing set up as a consistent flow. seems some one else said cal... it will actually help the plant draw up more N. if you have knocked it out of whack it may be struggling to absorb stuff..
    Im only taking guesses based on what i do to avoid any of this happening in the first place.
    I can 100% see why you are right man! I am doing everything as supposed to... and apparently Cal is not that prevalent in my water and u dont wanna go too hard with Fert after repotting... IDK, will definetl try to add CalMAG to every grow now and see if these problems disappear! TY

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evergreentangerine For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I can 100% see why you are right man! I am doing everything as supposed to... and apparently Cal is not that prevalent in my water and u dont wanna go too hard with Fert after repotting... IDK, will definetl try to add CalMAG to every grow now and see if these problems disappear! TY
    I recently learned that there are two types of calcium added to municipal water supplies. There is large particle calcium that is too large for the roots to feed on. This calcium builds up on the roots and medium causing lockout. There is small particle calcium that the roots can feed on and in most cases the calcium will be more than the plants want or need.
    I have not found any way to determine which type is being used by individual municipalities.

One thing I noticed. My last house had an EC of 0.0 after going through simple filter. Perhaps this is large particle mineral in the water. My new house passes through 4 filters and comes out with a 0.3 EC. I suspect this is small particle minerals which explains the calcium toxicity I am seeing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I recently learned that there are two types of calcium added to municipal water supplies. There is large particle calcium that is too large for the roots to feed on. This calcium builds up on the roots and medium causing lockout. There is small particle calcium that the roots can feed on and in most cases the calcium will be more than the plants want or need.
    I have not found any way to determine which type is being used by individual municipalities.

One thing I noticed. My last house had an EC of 0.0 after going through simple filter. Perhaps this is large particle mineral in the water. My new house passes through 4 filters and comes out with a 0.3 EC. I suspect this is small particle minerals which explains the calcium toxicity I am seeing.
    So you say its Calcium toxicity whioch means its locked out and adding to it would just make it worse? Or am I getting you wrong?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evergreentangerine For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So you say its Calcium toxicity whioch means its locked out and adding to it would just make it worse? Or am I getting you wrong?
    I am not saying calcium toxicity. I was just sharing info that I consider relevant overall to the conversation. It could be calcium toxicity but I dont know your water. Do you have a water report you can post?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-12-19)

Thanks

I meant calcium toxicity I am seeing in my own grow. I have a dairy "cd grows gdp"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-12-19)

Thanks

I see thanks.. this is her after giving her full feed yday and some additional booster but no cal mag since i dont have on me rn.

https://imgur.com/a/fCxZVBl

Overall looks okay... wont be a good looking lady but i mean.. 4 more weeks ^^ This is Start of week 3 btw and these ladies apparently take 7 weeks.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to evergreentangerine For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-12-19)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast