Thread: Eating raw cannabis for Fibromyalgia

Thanks

Default Eating raw cannabis for Fibromyalgia

Hello friends!

This is my first post. First of all, let me thank you all for such a great community you created here. Living in a country where the doctors can't help with cannabis related questions, communities like this one are our best chance for learning.
    My girlfriend have severe Fibromyalgia. After tons of hours of reading about the endocannabinoid system, cannabis in general and specially, after seeing that cannabis is what seems to work best for her, we decided to go that way all in. We are taking small steps into growing our own product so that we don't have to buy it. Soon (when I can harvest) we will try to make some edibles or cannabis infused coconut oil capsules to see if that way she can get a better sleep through the night.
    Several days ago, we discovered that eating fresh raw cannabis is actually a thing and that it can be a whole therapy if one could eat around 600mg of THCA every day. The benefits seem to quick in in 4-8 weeks, and for us, it seems like a light at the end of the tunnel. First of all, THCA is not psychoactive. It won't fit into CB1 receptors, so the effects will not be cerebral, but that does not mean it will not interact with the body. THCA, CBDA and all the rest of canabinoids and terpenes will store in fat cells and regulate the body of someone with ECS deficiency. It sounds encouraging and gives us hope. I wish it would be true! For now, I would like to ask you, people with far more experience and knowledge in that matter what is your idea. Is that true? Could eating raw cannabis every day help regulate the ECS?
    I'm trying to understand first if its worth a try because its something that for us is not easy to achieve. If we ever try it, I'm planning of planting one plant every week, for 12 weeks straight. After 12 weeks, I would have 12 plants, where the oldest one is about ready to be consumed, and maintaining that would provide us with one fresh plant for about every week. Easier said than done, but if we come to the conclusion that this is worth it, we will try.
    I'm sorry for the long text. I'm just a desperate loving one in search of any kind of advice that could ease her pain. Please, if anyone could help us with something, we would be very thankful.
    Thank you in advance.
    Peace.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to filogreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

...after 10 weeks you would be banned for plant numbers! Don't forget to read the forum rules mate
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-19), IceCalibur (05-12-19), Trex (05-12-19), Valentina (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk filogreen, enjoy dude.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

IceCalibur (05-12-19), Trex (05-12-19), Valentina (05-12-19)

7. Default

Welcome to the forum filogreen, nice to have you here..as M_C said..be very careful here, there is a VERY strict plant limit of ten.

Might be best to have another look at the Rules/FAQ - Linky

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-19), M_C (05-12-19), Trex (05-12-19), Valentina (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

The rules dude lol whe all else fails read the instructions(rules in this case)

Welcome to the talk

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

IceCalibur (05-12-19), Valentina (05-12-19)

Thanks

Im sorry guys, didnt mean to break the rules. For now I dont have near that limit, and probably never will. That was just a thought.
    Still, if anyone have some kind of information about eating raw cannabis, please let it here

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to filogreen For This Useful Post:

IceCalibur (05-12-19), M_C (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I think Redz uses the leaves but not sure?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

IceCalibur (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Can't post links but use a safe search engine and look up "John Kohler Cannabis Juice". Juiceguru and Myedibleschef both have articles on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by filogreen View Post
    ... THCA, CBDA and all the rest of canabinoids and terpenes will store in fat cells and regulate the body of someone with ECS deficiency. ....
    THIS, so much this!!! When there are cannabinoids stored in the adipose tissue, if you go keto and switch the body to prefer burning fat than carbs, just be aware that the "sudden" release of cannabinoids can hit randomly.
    Last edited by Valentina; 05-12-19 at 10:30 PM.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

filogreen (05-12-19), GEORGE (05-12-19), IceCalibur (05-12-19), Trex (06-12-19)

Thanks

Thank you Valentina! Will have a look!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to filogreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-19), Valentina (05-12-19)

Thanks

Guys, I found the analytical360 lab tests, that, instead of what I was thinking, are showing that the THCA is present in raw cured bud. I always thought that it degrades a lot into THC and then into CBN with time, light and room temperature. Now, those lab test are showing this is not the case, and only a very small amount will convert into THC. We dont know how long those buds were cured or other information, but that alone is enough to make me think about trying raw cured buds. What do you think?
    Another question I have is: Do you think we can grind the herb very fine and put it into some gel capsules for intake, just the way it is, cured, without any fats? Will it get through the stomach acid barrier? I heard (at least for the THC) that in order for the cannabinoids to get to our blood through eating method, they must be covered in fat cells, otherwise they can be deteriorated by the stomach acid.
    Thank you

20. The Following User Says Thank You to filogreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-12-19)