Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Small dots on fan leaves

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    its mg deficiency which is very common under led, you need to up the temp to 28 to 30c and give a drop of extra mg in each feed,
    That's interesting regarding the temps Forest, could you explain why the increase to 28-30c ? (I'm genuinely interested)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

ill try im not great at explaining, ive been growing under led for some years now (i make my living building grow lights these days) and have used all the kelvins and had many cases of what i now know is mg def, (dont chuck calmag at it ) its to do with how the led grown plants use more mg , and it is to do with how they transpire (right word?) if you up the temp to 28 to 30c they can transpire more and process the nutes in a better way , the plant will green up in a few days, sorry its not a more technical answer, my memory is bad these days.

i know it , but my recall is terrible , sucks to get older!

a quick google on the subject throws up a few threads with explanations in and some with diff theories ,

i like the gold lable mg, liquid and easy to use, if you throw calmag at it like lots do, that leads to: to much cal locks out mg so u can get in a bigger mess

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-19), IceCalibur (10-12-19), Kurdt (11-12-19)

5. Default

ill try im not great at explaining, ive been growing under led for some years now (i make my living building grow lights these days) and have used all the kelvins and had many cases of what i now know is mg def, (dont chuck calmag at it ) its to do with how the led grown plants use more mg , and it is to do with how they transpire (right word?) if you up the temp to 28 to 30c they can transpire more and process the nutes in a better way , the plant will green up in a few days, sorry its not a more technical answer, my memory is bad these days.

i know it , but my recall is terrible , sucks to get older!

a quick google on the subject throws up a few threads with explanations in and some with diff theories ,

i like the gold lable mg, liquid and easy to use, if you throw calmag at it like lots do, that leads to: to much cal locks out mg so u can get in a bigger mess
    Ok thanks for explaining that, I'll definitely look into this further as I will using my LED's in the summer time

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-19), UpT0wn (11-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

it wasnt much of a explanation im afraid

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

9. Default

it wasnt much of a explanation im afraid
    Well it was good enough for me and you took the time to try, so that's all that matters hey.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2