Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RDWC vs COCO

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Default RDWC vs COCO

So I've now completed two grows with my RDWC.

First grow i dont know if it was down to the strain not liking this type of growing but it only yielded 13oz off of 3 plants which I was a bit disappointed with.

When I was reading about rdwc a lot of people say oh the yields are massive and that once its dialed in it works a treat.

My findings is even when its dialed in it only takes 1 day to mess it up if you're not on the ball with it.

I used a decent sized chiller and it coped woth the job fine but that's a fair amount to spend to just keep temps down.

I bought a bluelab guardian which again is a must buy item when using this type of growing to keep tabs on the changing conditions.....also a fair amount to buy.

Decent air pump with multiple air stones....ballache of having to change the res out. Empty then refill and then see it fluctuate with readings and then alter the res to keep it in line with what you need it to be.

Bloody ballache

The second grow I just finished and its up drying as I type this.

Went better than the first with regards to yield but I had more light on with this one and was a different strain.

Upgraded to a bigger chiller which again more money so I move have two chillers.

It went better yield wise buy my god the leafs went shit and all started to die off....thus resulted in me finding a handful of rot which could have been down to these leafs and maybe not enough airflow over them.

Along side the rdwc system I had one more seed that I thought I'll stick in a small pot of coco and see how it goes.

I did a 10l mix and fed it 1l per day for 10 days, I didnt check the mix once for ec or ph. The plant had one 315cdm over it.

I didnt give a s*** about the coco plant with regards to making sure it was getting everything it needed and it just took it and went on to produce I think a couple of oz and lovely coloured buds.

This is a bit long winded but just sharing my view on it, some have amazing results but for me.

COCO wins hands down for me, less hassle and far less maintenance.

Sometimes you get what you put in....I put in time and a fair amount of effort for feck all lol

Coco rules....rdwc sucks

Peace out
    DONE

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-19), newgrowerr (13-12-19), Patrice (16-12-19), Trex (13-12-19)

Thanks

Dude I absolutely loved this read. This was like a view into my own growing career as I also started in rdwc. And I know where ur coming from in terms of Money to set this type of system up. I also had a hailea 100 and 300 chiller with a combined total of around £700/£800 plus the iws 4 pot rdwc system which was around £500. Plus I have 2 professional air pumps £150 each plus all ur timers and controllers, air stones, piping etc think in total to set it all up it cost close to £5000

I done a total of 3 grows in the rdwc system. All where plagued with problems. Had the odd spells where the plants would flourish and look real good. But like you said in a matter of a day or two it can all go Pete tong and they would be wrecked. Also in between grows I lost 5 sets of seeds not being able to get them started in the rdwc system. Which meant from harvest to getting new plants in the system it could have taken anything up to 3 months

All in all mate in my opinion it is the worst and most costly method of growing. And unless u have a ridiculous amount of money time and space to run it properly ( lab conditions with all the top equipment) I think u will always run into problems no matter how careful and methodical you are.

Rdwc near made me stop growing all together and lost the love for it all

Then I changed over to coco and fell madly in love with growing again lol. So easy and so cheap to set up. And the results and yield are so much greater and better than those I got in the rdwc. No joke the weed I'm growing now in coco looks so so good lol the stuff in the rdwc system was so bad I could barely use it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

Done420 (13-12-19), GEORGE (13-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedjunkie420 View Post
    Dude I absolutely loved this read. This was like a view into my own growing career as I also started in rdwc. And I know where ur coming from in terms of Money to set this type of system up. I also had a hailea 100 and 300 chiller with a combined total of around £700/£800 plus the iws 4 pot rdwc system which was around £500. Plus I have 2 professional air pumps £150 each plus all ur timers and controllers, air stones, piping etc think in total to set it all up it cost close to £5000

I done a total of 3 grows in the rdwc system. All where plagued with problems. Had the odd spells where the plants would flourish and look real good. But like you said in a matter of a day or two it can all go Pete tong and they would be wrecked. Also in between grows I lost 5 sets of seeds not being able to get them started in the rdwc system. Which meant from harvest to getting new plants in the system it could have taken anything up to 3 months

All in all mate in my opinion it is the worst and most costly method of growing. And unless u have a ridiculous amount of money time and space to run it properly ( lab conditions with all the top equipment) I think u will always run into problems no matter how careful and methodical you are.

Rdwc near made me stop growing all together and lost the love for it all

Then I changed over to coco and fell madly in love with growing again lol. So easy and so cheap to set up. And the results and yield are so much greater and better than those I got in the rdwc. No joke the weed I'm growing now in coco looks so so good lol the stuff in the rdwc system was so bad I could barely use it

I was in coco when I first started but was swayed over to rdwc

This it a bud from the plant I spoke about in coco which I didnt give two shits about with regards to feed and look at the bud it looks quality.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-19), tom222 (14-12-19), weedjunkie420 (13-12-19)

Thanks

unreal mate. Coco is definitely the way to go

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

Done420 (13-12-19), GEORGE (13-12-19), tom222 (14-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

As weedjunki and Done I switched from Coco to RDWC cost me 2.5k.....WORST THING I EVER DID. I had 3 different systems for each stage of growth from seedlings, veg through to flower. All RDWC.

The idea looks great on paper but it is fraught with problems waiting to happen, and believe me they will no matter how diligent you are. I have now chopped mine up and converted it to top feed recirculating with the roots safely sitting in media. I will post a pic when I have time. It's not ideal but I don't want to go back to coco, I am to tight to run all of them nutes through as run off waste.

Rot Definitely Will Cock your fecking grow up, is what RDWC should stand for.

I can remember your first grow Done mate and thought if this guy can't get it right no one can, your attention to detail was admirable and any failure was down to the shit growing system. If you visit any of the US forums loads are scraping the RDWC system.

I was close to giving up growing I became so disheartened, mainly because of the money I had spent and I soooo wanted it to work. IT DIDN'T.

Anyone want to buy a load of airstones, air pumps, chillers, etc etc.
    Last edited by toblue; 14-12-19 at 11:59 AM.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Done420 (15-12-19), GEORGE (14-12-19), weedjunkie420 (14-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,680 Times

Coco Hempy FTW. I've grown a couple times in those single oxypots, too much management for me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oJAE For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Must have been lucky with my set up cos I’ve had two years of trouble free growing in the alien rdwc system. I’ve left mine for 2 weeks and gone on holiday before and all been fine on my return. I’d be to scared to try coco. Guess it’s what u get used to using or maybe a bit of luck. Alien rdwc and Dutch pro nutes all the way for me.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Done420 (15-12-19), GEORGE (15-12-19), Herbitual (15-12-19), toblue (15-12-19), WhIpLaSh (15-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    Must have been lucky with my set up cos I’ve had two years of trouble free growing in the alien rdwc system. I’ve left mine for 2 weeks and gone on holiday before and all been fine on my return. I’d be to scared to try coco. Guess it’s what u get used to using or maybe a bit of luck. Alien rdwc and Dutch pro nutes all the way for me.
    Well done Ginge mate and long may it continue. Do you run sterile or beneficials?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-12-19), Ginger-bud (18-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    As weedjunki and Done I switched from Coco to RDWC cost me 2.5k.....WORST THING I EVER DID. I had 3 different systems for each stage of growth from seedlings, veg through to flower. All RDWC.

The idea looks great on paper but it is fraught with problems waiting to happen, and believe me they will no matter how diligent you are. I have now chopped mine up and converted it to top feed recirculating with the roots safely sitting in media. I will post a pic when I have time. It's not ideal but I don't want to go back to coco, I am to tight to run all of them nutes through as run off waste.

Rot Definitely Will Cock your fecking grow up, is what RDWC should stand for.

I can remember your first grow Done mate and thought if this guy can't get it right no one can, your attention to detail was admirable and any failure was down to the shit growing system. If you visit any of the US forums loads are scraping the RDWC system.

I was close to giving up growing I became so disheartened, mainly because of the money I had spent and I soooo wanted it to work. IT DIDN'T.

Anyone want to buy a load of airstones, air pumps, chillers, etc etc.
    If could have cost more if I had bought a full ready made set up but glad I didnt, thing is if you dont try then you never know.

It either agrees with you or it doesn't

4 in this last rdwc got me 25oz

Last time in coco 3 plants got me 24

Coco all the way lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    If could have cost more if I had bought a full ready made set up but glad I didnt, thing is if you dont try then you never know.

It either agrees with you or it doesn't

4 in this last rdwc got me 25oz

Last time in coco 3 plants got me 24

Coco all the way lol

You could be correct Done mate. I simply didn't enjoy growing in RDWC.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Done420 (16-12-19), GEORGE (16-12-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast