Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Moving plug sockets

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Well, since switching everything off and back on theres been no power to the cabin so might need to call a sparky after all. Massive pain in the ass as have a cabin full of telling evidence and dont have the time before xmas. Cant finish my cupboard till I move the plugs, and cant grow till the cupboards done.
    Feeling so defeated and deflated. Thanks for the help, concern, warnings etc.
    Fml

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

AND (15-12-19), GEORGE (15-12-19), MrC (15-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

Have you tried the Clarkson method of shouting at it, calling it stupid then hitting it with a hammer? All jokes aside mate it's annoying when shit like that happens, just wanna crack on and you're being hindered by something out of your control

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

AND (15-12-19), GEORGE (15-12-19), Silkadin (15-12-19)

Thanks

Result... found an unlabeled switch I thought wasn't being used but turns out that's the one for the cabin.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

AND (15-12-19), GEORGE (15-12-19), M_C (15-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Its morbidly dangerous and far beyond DIY and "moving socket" as per title. The electricity act covers whats been done here for a reason.

You dont expect to see opened up consumer boards and the link is there to growing cannabis.

Seen too many claims and loss caused by consumer boards

Im sure everyone here has positive intentions but it needs saying that this isnt a good idea.
    90% of the time, I find anyway, is that if people in our situation want to do this, they will...maybe that means go to youtube, a mate or a mates mate whose grandad knew how to wire a plug.

I try to help people do it safely, obviously I cant be there to check and totally know where you are coming from but better Silk having an input rather than video or 3rd hand 2nd hand knowledge as he cant risk a unknown tradesman

Criminal offence ??? So is growing weed mate and TBF I think opening a CU would be ignored in this case...obviously it still needs to comply hence the conduit, which IMO makes it a safer installation than was previously fitted.

Admittedly, I should taken it to PM so apologies if I've put site in jeopardy...not intentional

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-12-19), M_C (15-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    90% of the time, I find anyway, is that if people in our situation want to do this, they will...maybe that means go to youtube, a mate or a mates mate whose grandad knew how to wire a plug.
    My Dad was an electrical draughtsman who was involved in the wiring design of Drax...and other power stations. It really pisses him off that, whilst I find domestic easy, I can't get my head around 3 phase
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (15-12-19), GEORGE (15-12-19)

Thanks

I have asked Bud to remove the pics, Gardro sorry Silk but they've done their job...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    My Dad was an electrical draughtsman who was involved in the wiring design of Drax...and other power stations. It really pisses him off that, whilst I find domestic easy, I can't get my head around 3 phase
    Yeah 3 PH is another dimension ,lol...its all about balance

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    I have asked Bud to remove the pics, Gardro sorry Silk but they've done their job...
    No worries. Didnt realise I was breaking the rules. But still pleased to have your input and judgment of the work that was carried out. Never planned on fucking with anything in the boxes, just wanted to ensure they were safe after the concerns raised.

Thx again dude

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

AND (15-12-19), GEORGE (15-12-19)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4