Thread: Is marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia? It's contentious, but doctors, feds

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

Default Is marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia? It's contentious, but doctors, feds

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-12-19), GEORGE (16-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Well that explains the voices in my head!

Seriously though, I do see how massive nonstop use of concentrate could be dangerous for someone already predisposed to psychosis.

I tried smoking concentrate and it's not for me. I much prefer the taste and effect from smoking flowers or regular hash.

I do eat a bit of oil every night to help me sleep.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-19), IceCalibur (16-12-19), Trex (16-12-19)

5. Default

I couldn't handle concentrates CD, it's just too much for me...flower for me every single time

Too much of anything can be a bad thing, cannabis isn't exempt from that in my opinion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

I take these articles seriously - until they start spouting their agenda driven bullshit....

One from the British medical journal the Lancet released in March showed a two to five times higher risk of psychotic disorders for daily consumers of high-THC marijuana compared to people who never used.
    Anyone spotting the elephant in the room?

Can they disprove my theory that people with mental illness will gravitate towards drugs? How many users of coffee, alcohol or cigarettes develop psychotic disorders compared to people who have never used them?

It's always good to turn the question round 180 degrees to see if it is a loaded question
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-19), IceCalibur (16-12-19)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I take these articles seriously - until they start spouting their agenda driven bullshit....

Anyone spotting the elephant in the room?

Can they disprove my theory that people with mental illness will gravitate towards drugs? How many users of coffee, alcohol or cigarettes develop psychotic disorders compared to people who have never used them?

It's always good to turn the question round 180 degrees to see if it is a loaded question
    Yep spot on M_C, it reminds me of that article that announced 'the first death in the world due to cannabis use'.....and how did they come to that conclusion?..well they found it in his blood stream of course!!...along with coffee and many other things too, but cannabis is "bad" so the agenda suits it perfectly

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-19), M_C (16-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Kinda.

It's better to flip it 180 degrees to try and see all sides before deciding it's already loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-19), M_C (16-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Yep spot on M_C, it reminds me of that article that announced 'the first death in the world due to cannabis use'.....and how did they come to that conclusion?..well they found it in his blood stream of course!!...along with coffee and many other things too, but cannabis is "bad" so the agenda suits it perfectly
    I remember once, at open Uni, I had to do an assignment on which feminist theory was the correct one, with a choice of four feminist theories... so, a loaded question as I was expected to choose one of the four. My answer? They were all wrong & none of the was correct - I got a very high mark for that despite my lecturer practically snarling at me about it

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-19), IceCalibur (16-12-19)

Thanks

Annoyingly, I do think there could be some merit in their thinking... but you have to present facts in a neutral way

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    Kinda.

It's better to flip it 180 degrees to try and see all sides before deciding it's already loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-19), Herbitual (16-12-19), IceCalibur (16-12-19)