Thread: Chances of a hermie mother giving a hermie baby?

Thanks

Default Chances of a hermie mother giving a hermie baby?

i was chopping down a pineapple chunk and found a little fresh plant growing so a seed must of fell... i stuck it in a pot then forgot it came from a hermie mother and put it out to veg properly for flower... when i rememebered i thought of i cant risk this and cut the roots down to size and put it in a smaller pot.. its been there for months now.. and looks sick loads of colas and fat ones to... id like to try flower it.. but i dont want to ruin crops at same time.. i recently had a hermed critical orange punch.. balls nanas everything id left it a while before i noticed.. it didnt impregnate anything. I think try it but keep my eyes on it?? any one want to chime in?? its getting quieter and quieter here not like when i joined 4 years ago. no disrespect to the mods iv had some great help with equipment.
    AGAINST the legalization of cannabis.. the business is already set up do you want to work for some big company at minimum wage?

decriminalization is all we need.ask an American.. Where now they pay thc tax and can't afford enough Meds plus the card ruins most insurance ..no rant this is factual

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-12-19), Hippy Crack (23-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

I'm no expert on this (only one grown under my belt) but I adopted another plant of a friend which was hermied, major, pulled maybe 50 nutsacks off her and now she's far and juicy in 8 of flower with some nice looking colas and no other plants have seeded, so either I got really lucky or....well I don't know just my 2p pal....forgot to add this came from a hermie mother, out of around 16 seeds 10 hermed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
    ... i recently had a hermed critical orange punch.. balls nanas everything ....
    Now you got me worried bro!!

It's hard to say. I had a slightly hermied Amnesia that turned out okay, even her offspring that came out of a home-brew cross was okay and potent enough.

So the bottom line is that unless you try, you won't know. How lucky do you feel?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-12-19)

Thanks

well to be fair i got loads of bud of the mother... so maybe it was just one seed or so that fell i didn't notice shed hermies just the seed growing in medium on chop...
    I obviously just don't want to waste my time... but it looks so nice... as you say iv got to do it to find out but with a whole draw full of seeds from going nuts on clearance sales this year im spoilt for choice... and anything Calli at the moment seems to be what people love. maybe i could flip her now in the small pot see what happens then prune her back into a veg?? does that sound silly? i dont no if that would destroy it.(destroy the internodes spacing making it all stretchy). isnt it called super cropping?
    Last edited by thehulk; 24-12-19 at 04:38 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-12-19)

Thanks

i did ask a question here but got no answer.. if i flip her? then put her back to veg... will i get a definitive answer as to whether its a hermie or not?
    I just stuck her in with the flowers in a small pot right where i can keep my eye on it. question still stands

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

i did ask a question here but got no answer.. if i flip her? then put her back to veg... will i get a definitive answer as to whether its a hermie or not?
    I just stuck her in with the flowers in a small pot right where i can keep my eye on it. question still stands
    Only if you see balls. JMO

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

its getting quieter and quieter here not like when i joined 4 years ago. no disrespect to the mods iv had some great help with equipment.
    Get involved make more diary posts and give more thanks. The people will come

The answer to your question is No, A feminised seed doesn’t necessarily show it’s hermie trait when sexed. It could show later in the grow ie mid to late flower.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19), IceCalibur (30-12-19), Valentina (30-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Get involved make more diary posts and give more thanks. The people will come

The answer to your question is No, A feminised seed doesn’t necessarily show it’s hermie trait when sexed. It could show later in the grow ie mid to late flower.
    its okay buddy your answer alone has kind of made me think just sack it off... iv got loads of other choices of seed and just because it been in veg for ages and loks nice is absolutely no reason to risk a whole garden of lovely flowers.. unless i find somewhere to do it alone im binning it.

in saying that in this run i let a hermie go for a long time... balls and nanas and the colas looked all foxtailed and it never impregnated anything... where as other times iv had stealthy herms and theyv knackered whatever they were toutching as i favor canopy style growing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19)