Thread: Under water or over watering

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default Under water or over watering

Hi really stuck with my plants, they keep dropping all the time and look lifeless, also bottoms leaves keep turning yellow, I’m not sure weather they need more water or less, drainage seems to be good, after I pour one jug of water through I get run off from the bottom so does that mean I’ve gave them enough? I generally give them two jugs as they should be ready to into flower next week but I don’t think there good enough so was hoping to keep them in veg abit longer, really stuck so any advice would be much appreciated,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68F284BD-C7E4-4578-9DFC-A66FE708A881.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	378158  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stants For This Useful Post:

BB (25-12-19), GEORGE (25-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stants View Post
    Hi really stuck with my plants, they keep dropping all the time and look lifeless, also bottoms leaves keep turning yellow, I’m not sure weather they need more water or less, drainage seems to be good, after I pour one jug of water through I get run off from the bottom so does that mean I’ve gave them enough? I generally give them two jugs as they should be ready to into flower next week but I don’t think there good enough so was hoping to keep them in veg abit longer, really stuck so any advice would be much appreciated,
    Give us a lights of pic buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-12-19), IceCalibur (25-12-19), tlh2496 (25-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

You have a sizeable pot for a relatively small plant.

My money is 1, on the mix of nutrients. I reckon there must have been a batch or two here or there a little while back where it got a bit too hot (strong, or too many ml of feed into not enough water), which is why the leaves got messed up, but the plant has recovered.

2, the soil colour does depend on your soil, but I have a feeling that you might be over watering a bit. I mean, you have not specified how big this jug is, and the amount of run off.

If that plant came to me to stay, here's what I would do to it:

Trim off the manky leaves, throw them away.

Feel the weight of the pot. If it is HEAVY, just a rough guess ball park figure here, say 7-8 kg, then I would NOT water it, and just let her do her thing in her veg cycle. When the pot is lighter, say weighing at 3-4 kg, then I would give it plain water, may be a couple of litres, then in a few hours or half a day later, another couple of litres of water.

How I came up with those numbers: I am guessing that the pot is about 15 litres in volume, so if it was fully filled with water, we'd have 15 kg in weight. So soil is not solid, and your plant is not that hefty, the overall weight (just my speculation) at MOST would be a bit under the 15 kg mark. Since the soil has packed down a fair bit I reckon we are more like looking at about 8-10 kg at the kind of Goldilocks figure. Tweak the numbers up or down as you need, but feeling the weight of the pot is one of the ways to gauge watering.

With the light schedule at 18/6 or above, I would carry on with water only until I see the leaves start to pale.

Then feed the plant a 1-1-1 RATIO feed at about 3/4 strength for another week or so before flowering.

I hope you have neem oil, fly papers and the like on stand by.

Good luck!
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

BB (25-12-19), GEORGE (25-12-19), IceCalibur (25-12-19), Jim Nirvana (25-12-19), Lowrollerbean (25-12-19), tlh2496 (25-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

u need to give us better pics with the hps off and info temp nutes ph ec etc , without that is guess work

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

BB (25-12-19), GEORGE (25-12-19), Lowrollerbean (25-12-19), tlh2496 (25-12-19), Valentina (25-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

from what i can see the plant is affected around the bottom to mid mostly, if its all uniform yellow it could be nitrogen. But how you expect any advice from an orange pic does leave me wondering how to help lol
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19), IceCalibur (30-12-19)