Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rust patches and yellowing leaves some help if you may

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Any details on the single stage filters would be great guys
    I'll call in @CityDweller here..he might be able to explain it better than me

Sending him a PM for you too.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Aquarius (26-12-19), CityDweller (26-12-19), GEORGE (26-12-19)

3. Default

Ok I sent him over a private message, but this was the product he showed me that may help..which as you can see is cheap in the grand scale of things ;

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Aquarius (26-12-19), CityDweller (26-12-19), GEORGE (26-12-19), GreenIRL (26-12-19), Valentina (29-12-19)

Thanks

Brilliant thanks guys

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aquarius For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-12-19), Valentina (29-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

At .8 you want a 5 stage r.o system bud .
    Thats what i have . Im a Plumber though and get huge discounts on these things at my wholesaler . A good system like mine .my cost was 500$ though . Give 2.2 u.s gallons per hour .

Those simple inline filters wont cut it . You need a membrane to filter out the small elements . General filters wont do it so save your cash

Are you in a well or city water . Maybe some better options ....

---Humboldt Black Dog Pheno Projekt---
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Aquarius (26-12-19), GEORGE (26-12-19), Valentina (29-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

0.8 background EC is really high!

The single stage filters effectiveness will depend on your water supply.

My last house had high EC water that was 0.0 EC after passing through a single stage filter. This is large particle minerals in the water being fully removed.

My new house has 0.4 EC tap and comes out 0.3 EC from a single stage filter. This is small particle minerals which are not being filtered in a simple single stage filter. Despite the filtration I still have calcium toxicity.

Large particle minerals cannot be used by the plant and cause mineral buildup in the medium and eventually mineral lockout.

Small particle minerals can be absorbed by the roots but we don't have any control on how much minerals we are giving the plants.

This is why I am a big supporter of growing with RO water. RO Water is inert. It has no minerals and the PH cannot be measured. It will bind to whatever PH it is introduced to. This is why RO water is great for flushing but not great for drinking. RO water has been shown to leach the minerals from humans over time.

When growing with RO you need to add all the minerals needed for growing. While this requires a full line of nutes, it gives you total control of what you put into the plant.

I just finished installing the RO filter in my new house. No more rust spots from here on out.

Last thought on water. Most modern chlorine and chloramine will not evaporate when left out and will not be filtered with a single stage filter despite the claims all over the web. Old style chlorine would evaporate but that was years ago. Chlorine and chloramine are both reported to interfere with the structure of most bottled nutes. The chlorine in most tap water is low enough to be safe for plants on it's own but when mixed with nutes it breaks the nute binders which prevents the nutes from mixing properly and being absorbed by the roots. RO filtration or distillation both remove the chlorine and chloramine effectively.

Inert water fully amended is the best way to grow imo. Options are RO or Distallation.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Aquarius (26-12-19), GEORGE (26-12-19), IceCalibur (26-12-19)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    0.8 background EC is really high!

The single stage filters effectiveness will depend on your water supply.

My last house had high EC water that was 0.0 EC after passing through a single stage filter. This is large particle minerals in the water being fully removed.

My new house has 0.4 EC tap and comes out 0.3 EC from a single stage filter. This is small particle minerals which are not being filtered in a simple single stage filter. Despite the filtration I still have calcium toxicity.

Large particle minerals cannot be used by the plant and cause mineral buildup in the medium and eventually mineral lockout.

Small particle minerals can be absorbed by the roots but we don't have any control on how much minerals we are giving the plants.

This is why I am a big supporter of growing with RO water. RO Water is inert. It has no minerals and the PH cannot be measured. It will bind to whatever PH it is introduced to. This is why RO water is great for flushing but not great for drinking. RO water has been shown to leach the minerals from humans over time.

When growing with RO you need to add all the minerals needed for growing. While this requires a full line of nutes, it gives you total control of what you put into the plant.

I just finished installing the RO filter in my new house. No more rust spots from here on out.

Last thought on water. Most modern chlorine and chloramine will not evaporate when left out and will not be filtered with a single stage filter despite the claims all over the web. Old style chlorine would evaporate but that was years ago. Chlorine and chloramine are both reported to interfere with the structure of most bottled nutes. The chlorine in most tap water is low enough to be safe for plants on it's own but when mixed with nutes it breaks the nute binders which prevents the nutes from mixing properly and being absorbed by the roots. RO filtration or distillation both remove the chlorine and chloramine effectively.

Inert water fully amended is the best way to grow imo. Options are RO or Distallation.
    Thank you CD for taking the time to respond...as always very helpful indeed

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Aquarius (26-12-19), CityDweller (26-12-19), GEORGE (26-12-19)

Thanks

Overwhelmed with the responses I'm on city water which I now know is a bit crap

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aquarius For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (26-12-19), GEORGE (26-12-19), Valentina (29-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Post your water report and I'll tell you how bad it is lol

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Aquarius (26-12-19), GEORGE (26-12-19), M_C (26-12-19), Valentina (29-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Here in the South, we call that Torlet Water. For around 500 bucks, you can put down your own well. I did, and found A well at just 12' down.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Aquarius (26-12-19), M_C (26-12-19), Valentina (29-12-19)

Thanks

Citydweller please find attached

Cheers mate

Calcium................74.4

Magnesium..........17

Sulphate..............110

Alkalinity..............128

pH.......................7.05

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aquarius For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-12-19), GEORGE (26-12-19), M_C (26-12-19)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast