Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any way to over come loft growing in winter?

Thanks

Default Any way to over come loft growing in winter?

Hi all.. I went into the loft today for my first time ever.. i have acquired some ladders... soon as i got up there i noticed.. its freezing cold... i don't want to be making tents and such just put a few pots out and maybe a light above absolutely nothing as technical as iv ever set up before... (the loft hatch is tiny anyways )

I don't like the idea of my loft being hot in the winter.. i could stick a fan heater up their would any one think they give a toss about the heated roof in winter? i heard the chief of police near us say if he were to bother about all grows the helicopter wouldn't get off the ground.. but it would only take a second to mark down intel on a map.
    or I could try buying floor heating pads and place the pots on them?? these are ideas?

for those of you stuck in a loft .. how do you operate?
    AGAINST the legalization of cannabis.. the business is already set up do you want to work for some big company at minimum wage?

decriminalization is all we need.ask an American.. Where now they pay thc tax and can't afford enough Meds plus the card ruins most insurance ..no rant this is factual

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

BB (27-12-19), CityDweller (27-12-19), GEORGE (27-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

I treat my loft groom as a normal room.i use oilfilled radiator and then everything you need in a groom.its the summer that’s the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-12-19), GEORGE (27-12-19), IceCalibur (27-12-19)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I treat my loft groom as a normal room.i use oilfilled radiator and then everything you need in a groom.its the summer that’s the problem

What's the wattage on your oil filled rad BB and how often would you say at a guess it's used in a 24 hour period?

I'm thinking to purchase one when I use my LEDs in for my next grow

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

BB (27-12-19), CityDweller (27-12-19), GEORGE (27-12-19), M_C (27-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    What's the wattage on your oil filled rad BB and how often would you say at a guess it's used in a 24 hour period?

Not sure of the wattage mate I’ll av to look.my grooms runing 24/0 I get most heat from the hps so only have the rad on low and adjust accordingly

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-12-19), GEORGE (28-12-19), IceCalibur (27-12-19)

Thanks

this is what iv learnt this year about summer and winter... heat burn and all sorts in summer.. im doing an amazing grow right now fully controlled variables,.and i plan on doing another in the winter/spring...hoping to have the vegging done and do them back to back.
    then i want to veg through the summer....ready to redo... its the heating i guess im asking about the most.. i have one of them tubes of ebay... but that is rubbish you'd actually need to put it against the pot and it may do 2.. you'd need alot of them to keep the pots warm... my loft hatch is small.. i wouldn't fit an oil filled radiator in there unless it was tiny... i will take measurements and post them so i can maybe be assisted better,..

as i said im not apposed to having a blow heater in there, i did read they can dry the plants out though.

as you just posted as im writing above.. i can leave the hps on 24/7 its veging im really wanting it for... guess ill only no them temps if i stick one up there for a few days.
    Last edited by thehulk; 27-12-19 at 09:44 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-12-19), GEORGE (28-12-19), IceCalibur (27-12-19)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Not sure of the wattage mate I’ll av to look.my grooms runing 24/0 I get most heat from the hps so only have the rad on low and adjust accordingly

Ok cheers bro..makes sense, as I did struggle with temps a little when I used my LEDs last, but I think I'll invest in a oil filled rad and see how I get on

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-12-19), GEORGE (28-12-19)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
    this is what iv learnt this year about summer and winter... heat burn and all sorts in summer.. im doing an amazing grow right now fully controlled variables,.and i plan on doing another in the winter/spring...hoping to have the vegging done and do them back to back.
    then i want to veg through the summer....ready to redo... its the heating i guess im asking about the most.. i have one of them tubes of ebay... but that is rubbish you'd actually need to put it against the pot and it may do 2.. you'd need alot of them to keep the pots warm... my loft hatch is small.. i wouldn't fit an oil filled radiator in there unless it was tiny... i will take measurements and post them so i can maybe be assisted better,..

as i said im not apposed to having a blow heater in there, i did read they can dry the plants out though.
    Just to say I'm not ignoring you btw fella, I just don't have experience with loft grows...but my person opinion is that winter temps should be fine with HPS as long as you're making sure to exhaust the hot air correctly? and LED's for summer to help with the heat situation.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-12-19), GEORGE (28-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post

This is the reason that I stick with HPS. Whilst I'd benefit from an LED, I'd lose that benefit by having to heat my area
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BB (27-12-19), CityDweller (27-12-19), GEORGE (28-12-19), IceCalibur (27-12-19), thehulk (27-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

A well insulated loft with LED and a heater. So far it's working out fine for me.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-19), thehulk (27-12-19)

Thanks

its okay ICE.. i dont see exhausting the air out for any other reason than keeping it fresh at this time of year... but i am blessed with a chimney in every room of my house... 4 fireplaces lol
    i can always tap into one from the loft no one would no as some are never used than by me for venting. when we opened one about 2 metres of soot dead birds and all sorts came out

20. The Following User Says Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast