Thread: Have I made a mistake defoliating?

Thanks

Default Have I made a mistake defoliating?

I defoliated 4 of my plants yesterday- day 19 into flowering. First time growing this strain and first time defoliating in flower. Some of the pistils on the plants I defoliated yesterday, have curled up a bit and gone brown, but the ones I was going to defoliate today are still soft, perky and white. I did take lots of leaves off when I defoliated yesterday, do you think this could have made them turn brown early? I’ve attached photos of the difference between the white buds and the buds starting to turn brown. These came from cuttings so are not male. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4212.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	378233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4216.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	378232.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191227/b8d4865391fce89a20176acd0c2df663.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4214.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	378235
    Last edited by Raggajj; 27-12-19 at 10:37 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Raggajj For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Raggajj View Post
    I defoliated 4 of my plants yesterday- day 19 into flowering. First time growing this strain and first time defoliating in flower. Some of the pistils on the plants I defoliated yesterday, have curled up a bit and gone brown, but the ones I was going to defoliate today are still soft, perky and white. I did take lots of leaves off when I defoliated yesterday, do you think this could have made them turn brown early? I’ve attached photos of the difference between the white buds and the buds starting to turn brown. These came from cuttings so are not male. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4212.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	378233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4216.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	378232.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191227/b8d4865391fce89a20176acd0c2df663.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4214.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	378235
    I think you are worrying about nothing. It is common to have some brown hairs at 3 weeks flower on some plants. JMO

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Raggajj (27-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Might have stressed them mukka i noticed when things go south flower time pistils start curling backwards and browning before their time.. but wait for the pros to give you a concrete answer....

DWC Bag Seeds / White Widow and King's Kush / Auto Blackberries / GSC, GZ, LSD (Mentored by Bud Lightyear)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-19), Raggajj (27-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Might have stressed them mukka i noticed when things go south flower time pistils start curling backwards and browning before their time.. but wait for the pros to give you a concrete answer....

DWC Bag Seeds / White Widow and King's Kush / Auto Blackberries / GSC, GZ, LSD (Mentored by Bud Lightyear)
    Thank you, what happened to your plants when they went brown a bit early like you mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raggajj For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-19), Shreder (28-12-19)

Thanks

Thank you, what happened to your plants when they went brown a bit early like you mentioned?

It was different mate i underwatered them and they got locked out and stressed, then pistil production stalled and buds turned out either small or fluffy each strain behaved differently.

That being said mate i used to do a shit load of defoliafion and never stressed a plant of it... You might want to look on the bigger picture rather than the defoliation...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    It was different mate i underwatered them and they got locked out and stressed, then pistil production stalled and buds turned out either small or fluffy each strain behaved differently.

That being said mate i used to do a shit load of defoliafion and never stressed a plant of it... You might want to look on the bigger picture rather than the defoliation...

Ok thanks, I’m thinking maybe it’s a coincidence about the defoliation but not sure. These are budding pretty fast so maybe they’re a quicker strain?
    I read somewhere that touching the buds can squash the pistils so I’m thinking maybe that too? Thanks for the help

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raggajj For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-19), Shreder (28-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

just a bit of stress from what u did they will bounce back , i defolate all through flowering under led

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-19)

Thanks

Ok thanks, I’m thinking maybe it’s a coincidence about the defoliation but not sure. These are budding pretty fast so maybe they’re a quicker strain?
    I read somewhere that touching the buds can squash the pistils so I’m thinking maybe that too? Thanks for the help

Yes might be, post some pics

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-19)

Thanks

There are pics did you see them?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Raggajj For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-12-19)