Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alibaba

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    Alibaba is the site for companies that would like to make deal with Chinese companies and import in bulk quantities.

AliExpress is for the end users where I have purchased many products including grow leds and never had a problem. They don’t always sell trash you need to find the right product. It has a money transaction system like eBay. In case of a problem I have seen the AliExp. site is mostly behind the customer when you can not solve your problem with the seller. Of course if you can prove your situation.

When searching for a product, filtering the results with the number of orders tab is important. Reading comments about the product and seller is also important. Another thing is the days to deliver taking long like 20 to 30 days. That is true. Choose the delivery option that will give you a tracking number so you can track your parcel. And some of the sellers have an option of free delivery with DHL, UPS and similar which is great since you get your parcel in like 7 days at your door, that is when I buy expensive stuff, like grow leds Another thing is there are times of big sales you have to be after...The prices really go down and you use sale coupons over it for more price decrease...

Am I all positive? No... Tons of trash and replicas out there. After long delivery dates getting a broken unit would be big pain and returning that item is much more wait. Clothing wares are shit with fake photos of the products. So it is a choice and a strongly appealing one if you find the right product

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ok fella thanks for explaining that to me iv been looking into the hlg 240wa qb on there keep seeing really good result with them but im just not sure yet lol

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19), IceCalibur (30-12-19), JamesJoyce (30-12-19), M_C (30-12-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy 101 View Post
    Ok fella thanks for explaining that to me iv been looking into the hlg 240wa qb on there keep seeing really good result with them but im just not sure yet lol

I wonder..are they genuine HLG?

What puts me off personally buying this type of thing from alibaba/aliexpress is if something went wrong...would be a right pain sending it back etc

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (30-12-19), GEORGE (30-12-19), M_C (30-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

Hey mate. You trying to purchase as a kit (driver, heatsink etc) or just the boards with leds?
    And HLG is a usa based brand i guess, correct me if i am wrong, buying in bulk from china and selling their kits with that name. Just like many other led companies out od china
    Last edited by JamesJoyce; 30-12-19 at 06:14 AM.
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (30-12-19), GEORGE (30-12-19), M_C (30-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Thats what i used to think but after seeing some of the grows with them im not too sure now an i would love to support the locals but when you can something that does pretty much the same job as the top brands for less then half the price its abit tempting

Well just figure that everytime you buy direct from China . One of your neighbours loses their jobs ....

---Humboldt Black Dog Pheno Projekt---
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19), M_C (30-12-19), Valentina (30-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I wonder..are they genuine HLG?

What puts me off personally buying this type of thing from alibaba/aliexpress is if something went wrong...would be a right pain sending it back etc
    I don't think thay made by the same people an that is another downfall aswell thats why im not rushing into anything yet

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJoyce View Post
    Hey mate. You trying to purchase as a kit (driver, heatsink etc) or just the boards with leds?
    And HLG is a usa based brand i guess, correct me if i am wrong, buying in bulk from china and selling their kits with that name. Just like many other led companies out od china
    Yeah mate thats exactly what I'm after an this is the 1 i was looking at its not the real thing but from what i have seen thay work near another as good

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19), JamesJoyce (30-12-19)

Thanks

I hate my neighbours.....With that said i ordered from alibaba - kingbrite. Grew my best crop ever last summer at less than half the price of hlg.
    It's a bit funny seeing hlg claim propierty over the design of their led boards......As far as im aware hlg's first couple of runs were supplied from a certain chinese supplier who advertises on alibaba.
    Last but not least where in the usa or UK for that matter makes the actual leds ? Samsung ? Even fake sumsung lol.....who makes them where are they coming from ?

I have zero problem with hlg - Their usp should be aftersales and then people could weigh up the odds for themselves. I just don't like to see all this "We invented " shite lol.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davidfa For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (30-12-19), GEORGE (30-12-19), JamesJoyce (30-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by davidfa View Post
    I hate my neighbours.....With that said i ordered from alibaba - kingbrite. Grew my best crop ever last summer at less than half the price of hlg.
    It's a bit funny seeing hlg claim propierty over the design of their led boards......As far as im aware hlg's first couple of runs were supplied from a certain chinese supplier who advertises on alibaba.
    Last but not least where in the usa or UK for that matter makes the actual leds ? Samsung ? Even fake sumsung lol.....who makes them where are they coming from ?

I have zero problem with hlg - Their usp should be aftersales and then people could weigh up the odds for themselves. I just don't like to see all this "We invented " shite lol.
    As far as I know from Korea. That doesn't mean that they don't have factory's in China, it's very possible, but just assemble in USA, not made here.
    Last edited by GEORGE; 30-12-19 at 03:16 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (30-12-19), CityDweller (30-12-19), davidfa (30-12-19)

Thanks

Again maybe a waste of a post (bandwidth) But I must re-state again I have nothing against HLG and there product. They are indeed fine lights.
    Also shipping from alibaba took 2 weeks for me (UK).
    If I were to order again I would just buy a load of the panels (I think you can buy in boxes of 6 for the same shipping price) - This has been "proven" to be the most cost efficient way to diy build these things and you get the added bonus of buying your drivers in the UK/USA/locally - saves tons $$$ on shipping and you would have super warranty on the meanwell drivers ect
    I was "joking" about hating my neighbours....but there all retired so lol...
    Seriously though I am a tinkerer. I also went completely the opposite direction and bought some stuff (deep red and far red strips) from Australia - Not going to advertise as it's not fair on site sponsors ect. But safe to say shipping and customs were a bugger from Aus.
    There are a few very interesting things happening in the led world just now though...and I have said before it's going to end up like pro camera owners who all suffer from lens envy....I can see this being a "thing" in the led grow light industry.
    We have far red, deep red, near uv and a shed load of other combos and supplements that we can chuck into our grows....and documented grows have shown that this stuff DOES make a difference.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidfa For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (30-12-19), GEORGE (30-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidfa View Post

Same here lol didn't even get a Christmas card back the tight pricks!!!! Thats exactly what I'm saying nearly everything is made over there just assembled over here or the US

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigdaddy 101 For This Useful Post:

davidfa (31-12-19), GEORGE (30-12-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast