Thread: Not working?

Thanks

Default Not working?

Hi guys need some help please I've never had any issues with germination till now. I've bought 5 green crack autos and tried 2 germinate 2 already they seem to first take a long time to break from the seed and 2 stop growing when out. there not even opening there fist set of leaves properly. I'm growing with John inns no2 again never had issues with any other plants not growing with this soil temps been 26c on 20c off rh 50% 65% I have a new light in there but it's hung 45 inches above the plant also I have a big bomb auto which is coming on beautifully so I'm scratching my head lol any help would b appreciated.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reyndog For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19), IceCalibur (30-12-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Reyndog View Post
    Hi guys need some help please I've never had any issues with germination till now. I've bought 5 green crack autos and tried 2 germinate 2 already they seem to first take a long time to break from the seed and 2 stop growing when out. there not even opening there fist set of leaves properly. I'm growing with John inns no2 again never had issues with any other plants not growing with this soil temps been 26c on 20c off rh 50% 65% I have a new light in there but it's hung 45 inches above the plant also I have a big bomb auto which is coming on beautifully so I'm scratching my head lol any help would b appreciated.

Hi Reyndog..wow haven't seen many using John Inns #2 these days!..fair play

The stats you provided all seem fine to me..have they possibly got the membrane wrapped around them still?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19)

5. Default

Sometimes they can get stuck inside the membrane and they need a careful helping hand to break free ;

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-19), Reyndog (30-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Sometimes they can get stuck inside the membrane and they need a careful helping hand to break free ;

Yh that's exactly what both have done m8 the first 1 no luck but I've managed to open the second like u said they were stuck with shell membrane round it I can see first set of leaves so I'll give it a couple days see wot happens its never happened before but this batch 2 in a row do u think its because there old maybe. Thanks for the reply m8

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reyndog For This Useful Post:

9. Default

Yh that's exactly what both have done m8 the first 1 no luck but I've managed to open the second like u said they were stuck with shell membrane round it I can see first set of leaves so I'll give it a couple days see wot happens its never happened before but this batch 2 in a row do u think its because there old maybe. Thanks for the reply m8

I'm really happy we got to the bottom of it, and we saved one of the girls...with the membrane it can just be a genetic issue, or as they started to lift out they dried up too quickly causing the membrane to shrink tightly around the cotyledons, almost like shrink wrap.

When this has happened to me I usually get a very small pin and make some holes in the membrane making sure not to damage the cotyledons, then keep applying water and they can usually break free...tweezers can help too in extreme cases

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I'm really happy we got to the bottom of it, and we saved one of the girls...with the membrane it can just be a genetic issue, or as they started to lift out they dried up too quickly causing the membrane to shrink tightly around the cotyledons, almost like shrink wrap.

When this has happened to me I usually get a very small pin and make some holes in the membrane making sure not to damage the cotyledons, then keep applying water and they can usually break free...tweezers can help too in extreme cases
    Thanks for the info bro u really do learn something new everyday lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reyndog For This Useful Post:

13. Default

Thanks for the info bro u really do learn something new everyday lol

You're welcome man

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post: