Thread: Extract Fan Question

Thanks

Default Extract Fan Question

Hello Everyone,

I've made a mistake during the creation of my garden. I've purchased a far too weak extractor fan for the tent, causing crazy temperatures. I now need to replace the 4" fan with a 6 or 8". The question I have is, can I keep the carbon filter + ducting supplied with the 4" fan and just stick the new more powerful fan into the existing system?

Appreciate any advice, especially if you've had similar problems yourselves.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chemstar For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-01-20)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chemstar View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I've made a mistake during the creation of my garden. I've purchased a far too weak extractor fan for the tent, causing crazy temperatures. I now need to replace the 4" fan with a 6 or 8". The question I have is, can I keep the carbon filter + ducting supplied with the 4" fan and just stick the new more powerful fan into the existing system?

Appreciate any advice, especially if you've had similar problems yourselves.
    Hello Chemstar

Unfortunately, I don't think that would be wise, as although it is possible.. the system would run much less efficiently in my opinion

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Chemstar (01-01-20), GEORGE (02-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hello Chemstar

Unfortunately, I don't think that would be wise, as although it is possible.. the system would run much less efficiently in my opinion
    Thank you for the quick response. After the problems so far, I think you're right.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chemstar For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-01-20), IceCalibur (01-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

only way you could do that is if you run the bigger new fan turned down other wise the extra power will just over run the filter(wont work) and put strain on the fan in the small ducting when on full ,

the best way to run your space, is with a fan that is bigger than you need , then use a fan controller to control the temp , using a fan bigger than u need will with a controller will keep the space as quiet as it can be , a small fan on full blast is much louder,

acoustic ducting is also the best one to use and to get the sound deadening working u need to use at least a meter in length, not cheap but your thank me for the set up , if you using a passive intake u need three times the size of the out fan

filter buy a good one with a 2year warranty

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-01-20)