Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Birds and the bees ;)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    1,636
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,145 Posts

    Default Answered: Birds and the bees ;)

    Where do male plants come from? I googled male seeds but it just comes up "regular". So do you just plant regular seeds and wait until one pops thats male not female and use that to breed? Not thinking of trying it just curious.

  2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Cool thanks dad So on seedsman where it lists the seeds, it says autoflower and autoflower regular. Can you breed autos in the same way you would photos do you know?
    Yeah colloidal silver will actually produce hermies..not males as such and the process is the same..a stable auto x stable auto will produce auto I believe, but crossing auto with photo will not necessarily produce an auto flowering plant."


  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    Greenirl (01-01-20), hotshot (02-01-20)


  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    Greenirl (01-01-20), hotshot (02-01-20), MrCannab1sir (01-01-20), Valentina (02-01-20)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,983
    Thanks
    4,111
    Thanked 8,359 Times in 1,966 Posts
    Provided Answers: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Where do male plants come from? I googled male seeds but it just comes up "regular". So do you just plant regular seeds and wait until one pops thats male not female and use that to breed? Not thinking of trying it just curious.
    Correct mate... Like having a baby you don't know what your gona get

    Colidal silver will switch a female to male too... Few threads on here lately about it.

    Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenirl For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), MrCannab1sir (01-01-20)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    1,636
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,145 Posts

    Default

    Cool thanks dad So on seedsman where it lists the seeds, it says autoflower and autoflower regular. Can you breed autos in the same way you would photos do you know?

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    Greenirl (01-01-20), hotshot (02-01-20)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    1,636
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,145 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenirl View Post
    Correct mate... Like having a baby you don't know what your gona get

    Colidal silver will switch a female to male too... Few threads on here lately about it.

    Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Haha, you're gonna get trouble mate, just trouble Seems pretty interesting. May order some regulars for later use. Like some crazy scientist

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,983
    Thanks
    4,111
    Thanked 8,359 Times in 1,966 Posts
    Provided Answers: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Cool thanks dad So on seedsman where it lists the seeds, it says autoflower and autoflower regular. Can you breed autos in the same way you would photos do you know?
    This is something I have been reading up on... Yes auto regulars are breedable and if you want to mix it a photo you have to go through a whole pheno hunt

    Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenirl For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), MrCannab1sir (01-01-20)

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Cool thanks dad So on seedsman where it lists the seeds, it says autoflower and autoflower regular. Can you breed autos in the same way you would photos do you know?
    Yeah colloidal silver will actually produce hermies..not males as such and the process is the same..a stable auto x stable auto will produce auto I believe, but crossing auto with photo will not necessarily produce an auto flowering plant.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), MrCannab1sir (01-01-20)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    1,636
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,145 Posts

    Default

    I bought a book recently all about weed, I'll have to see if it says much about it. Do male plants still smell even though no bud?

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), Valentina (02-01-20)

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    I bought a book recently all about weed, I'll have to see if it says much about it. Do male plants still smell even though no bud?
    Males do smell as far as I know

    They also produce small amounts of THC and cannabinoids.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), MrCannab1sir (01-01-20), Valentina (02-01-20)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    1,636
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,145 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Males do smell as far as I know

    They also produce small amounts of THC.
    Couldn't get away with sticking it in a corner under cfl then . I'll stick my other tent up next grow and throw a load of auto regulars in there see if I can get a male, grow some nice strains worth trying to pollinate in the big tent. Keeping within the 10 plant max limit of course

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), IceCalibur (01-01-20), Valentina (02-01-20)

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Couldn't get away with sticking it in a corner under cfl then . I'll stick my other tent up next grow and throw a load of auto regulars in there see if I can get a male, grow some nice strains worth trying to pollinate in the big tent. Keeping within the 10 plant max limit of course
    Wait around for a few opinions from Val and ClearGreen who both have very recent experience with it all...I think Val currently has a male in her tent

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), MrCannab1sir (01-01-20), Valentina (02-01-20)

  23. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    1,636
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,145 Posts

    Default

    Out of respect for Val I won't say a word

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), IceCalibur (02-01-20), Valentina (02-01-20)

  25. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Out of respect for Val I won't say a word
    Yhhh..you might get a slap around the mush lol

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), MrCannab1sir (02-01-20), Valentina (02-01-20)

  27. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    20,992
    Thanked 11,960 Times in 2,831 Posts
    Provided Answers: 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Out of respect for Val I won't say a word
    I am just here to deliver food and water, mostly....

    What the plants do in the tent is their business

    Yes, you get a packet of regulars and hope for the best.

    Supposedly cooler temperatures, and low N, THEORETICALLY give you more males; I can't say if that has worked for me, but I tend to get more females than males from regular seeds.

    Have had ZERO luck with regular autos. I would love to get the colours of that Pink Kush Auto over to photos, but my set up is not warm enough this time of the year, so autos will likely come up extra small and possibly not enough time for seeds to fully develop. But anyone with HPS or a dedicated heater for the tent will likely have better results. The joys of LEDs in Winter.
    Fight for your health.
    Hug those who care about you, do all you can for those you love (if they want it). We just never know when it might be the last time we talk to them or see them.

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    Greenirl (02-01-20), hotshot (02-01-20), IceCalibur (02-01-20), MrCannab1sir (02-01-20)

  29. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    1,636
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,145 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    I am just here to deliver food and water, mostly....

    What the plants do in the tent is their business

    Yes, you get a packet of regulars and hope for the best.

    Supposedly cooler temperatures, and low N, THEORETICALLY give you more males; I can't say if that has worked for me, but I tend to get more females than males from regular seeds.

    Have had ZERO luck with regular autos. I would love to get the colours of that Pink Kush Auto over to photos, but my set up is not warm enough this time of the year, so autos will likely come up extra small and possibly not enough time for seeds to fully develop. But anyone with HPS or a dedicated heater for the tent will likely have better results. The joys of LEDs in Winter.
    Haha "the runner", thanks for that mate. Watched a few videos over the Christmas period, reckon I'll try playing God

    When you say you've had no luck with autos do you mean no males or no luck pollinating and making new seeds?

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20)

  31. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    20,992
    Thanked 11,960 Times in 2,831 Posts
    Provided Answers: 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    When you say you've had no luck with autos do you mean no males or no luck pollinating and making new seeds?
    The Auto plants tend to come out really anaemic, spindly and weak if they complete flowering. Mostly Autos just don't germ for me or do poorly.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-01-20), MrCannab1sir (02-01-20)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States