Thread: This vaping malarky - Please help me choose!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Default This vaping malarky - Please help me choose!

Right. I am just having a nose about with regards to these vape "pens".

Never knew there were dry herb vapes except for the Volcano, which is both exciting but also off putting right from the start. What I like - just look at the thing. It deserves its own spot on the dining table!! Or in a display cabinet of some sort. On the other hand, why would anyone want to inhale smoke (and all the particulates) out of a balloon? Is that balloon even recyclable? Fingerprints and residues and what not is getting me real para. So nope.

So long story short, the contenders are the Pax 2 if someone has a battery mod for it for when the time comes that'd be great, or, the Miqro or IQ by DaVinci.

The replaceable battery is a big thing for me, but that is also a learnt residual fear from the days of pre lithium ion batteries. Is that still a thing now or should I throw all caution to the wind?

The Plenty is the Wild Card roughly in the price bracket with the IQ, but is mains powered and seems to be of a different design that is supposed to be superior over the portable versions. Visually there is something a bit Black and Decker about it and reminds me of a compressor for the car tyres. I mean, I don't exactly want it pink or with flowers, but for that money I would have liked an exterior that matches the engineering that has gone into them.

So, what are your thoughts? Portability is not really a priority - I don't see myself carrying and be out and about, but the Plenty(not kitchen towels) just looks like it belongs in the tool box and not the kitchen. How well does it work as a vape? The Pax and DaVinci Miqro look like a power bank battery and if it was on the desk it would not look out of place. Not that I would leave it out - chances are it would be stored in a tub in the cupboard when not in use. Which one of these 4 wins over the others for you?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Kurdt (14-01-20), Pablo (17-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Ive got a pax 2 which I used for about a year and was really happy with it. A decent clean vape and just a stripped down,no thrills version of the pax 3. The 'mouth piece' is a little weird though and takes some getting used to and if you pack the chamber too tight,it's a little hard to get a good draw.I did buy the bubbler that attaches to the top and works really well,only problem being that if you dont get the water level just right it can leak into the actual machine.It has a decent amount of battery life between charges.BUT......it's no secret that Im a big fan of the 'mighty.' I can honestly say,out of all the vapes Ive tried,it has blown everything else out of the water. The price is fkn mind boggling though and hard to justify unless you are serious about knocking everything else on the head and just get high on vaping. It's not the most attractive thing in the world, bulky and like you say about the plenty, looks like something out of the tool box but from sheer performance, it's fkn outstanding.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

2hot 2trot (09-05-20), GEORGE (14-01-20), IceCalibur (14-01-20), M_C (14-01-20), Pablo (17-03-21), Valentina (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,472 Times

I've been looking at the vapcap by dynavape (is it) looks really good n the next pay day I'll probs grab one look really simple n the vapour looks so thick..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kencancook For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Kurdt (14-01-20), Valentina (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I have a PAX3 & there is no way you are getting to the battery
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Kurdt (14-01-20), Valentina (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Ive got a pax 2 which I used for about a year and was really happy with it. A decent clean vape and just a stripped down,no thrills version of the pax 3. The 'mouth piece' is a little weird though and takes some getting used to and if you pack the chamber too tight,it's a little hard to get a good draw.I did buy the bubbler that attaches to the top and works really well,only problem being that if you dont get the water level just right it can leak into the actual machine.It has a decent amount of battery life between charges.BUT......it's no secret that Im a big fan of the 'mighty.' I can honestly say,out of all the vapes Ive tried,it has blown everything else out of the water. The price is fkn mind boggling though and hard to justify unless you are serious about knocking everything else on the head and just get high on vaping. It's not the most attractive thing in the world, bulky and like you say about the plenty, looks like something out of the tool box but from sheer performance, it's fkn outstanding.
    Thanks for the reassurances for the Pax2 and the advice on the Mighty. I saw the Mighty on Amazon and thought it just looks a bit too industrial. All those "radiator fins" just looks to me like they would trap dirt and get sticky fast... I am interested but the mind is not made up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kencancook View Post
    I've been looking at the vapcap by dynavape (is it) looks really good n the next pay day I'll probs grab one look really simple n the vapour looks so thick..
    Interesting design!! I like it, especially the absence of bateries, and it can be heated through any heat source!

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I have a PAX3 & there is no way you are getting to the battery
    Oh I seee... A bit of a modern mobile phone kind of design then. Thanks, M_C, that does change the game a bit!! I don't want to rule out the Pax'es, but this is just me, I just think that the power draw on the battery to heat up a filament fast is gonna be quite demanding so the battery is gonna go at some point, assuming that other components don't fail first. That heating/cooling cycle is almost bothering to me.

I am tempted to buy a Pax clone and go from there now... But I just don't want to spend some 50-60 quid on a gadget that will become e-waste in under a year! :}

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Totally get where you are coming from, I had the same reservations & watched a tear down video on youtube... trust me, it's tight!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Valentina (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,472 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Thanks for the reassurances for the Pax2 and the advice on the Mighty. I saw the Mighty on Amazon and thought it just looks a bit too industrial. All those "radiator fins" just looks to me like they would trap dirt and get sticky fast... I am interested but the mind is not made up yet.

Interesting design!! I like it, especially the absence of bateries, and it can be heated through any heat source!

Oh I seee... A bit of a modern mobile phone kind of design then. Thanks, M_C, that does change the game a bit!! I don't want to rule out the Pax'es, but this is just me, I just think that the power draw on the battery to heat up a filament fast is gonna be quite demanding so the battery is gonna go at some point, assuming that other components don't fail first. That heating/cooling cycle is almost bothering to me.

I am tempted to buy a Pax clone and go from there now... But I just don't want to spend some 50-60 quid on a gadget that will become e-waste in under a year! :}
    That's what I thort with the vapcap but deffo recon I'll use it..hope you get what your after n end up happy...good luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kencancook For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Valentina (16-01-20)