Thread: Water source question.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

Default Water source question.

As the title says where do you draw your water from to feed your plants. I have been taking mine from my shower cold water which comes from the tank in my attic just wondering if its best to take it from the mains supply rather than a tank.

I did check the ppm of both and the tap one comes in a lot higher than the tank.

Probably just over thinking something but hey you never know.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

I'd go with whichever one is under 150 parts per million on total dissolved solids. Above that, and you're technically into hard water and should either use hard water nutrients or make adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (14-01-20), GEORGE (14-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I'd go with whichever one is under 150 parts per million on total dissolved solids. Above that, and you're technically into hard water and should either use hard water nutrients or make adjustments.

My tank water is 389 and my tap water is 292. I have been having issues with my latest grow and some previous grows, been using the tank water with PM grow and bloom but not the HW range. Makes me wonder if this could be the base of all my issues.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cont3mpt View Post
    My tank water is 389 and my tap water is 292. I have been having issues with my latest grow and some previous grows, been using the tank water with PM grow and bloom but not the HW range. Makes me wonder if this could be the base of all my issues.
    Yeah levels that high would definitely be causing problems, if nothing else just the minerals building up in your substrate overtime. The minerals in the water end up building up and eventually competing with your plant for moisture.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (14-01-20), GEORGE (14-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Yeah levels that high would definitely be causing problems, if nothing else just the minerals building up in your substrate overtime. The minerals in the water end up building up and eventually competing with your plant for moisture.

Cheers mate will have to look lat changing my nutrients to suit hard water and use my mains supply instead of tank.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-20), Jingo (14-01-20)