Thread: Auto pot advice

Thanks

Default Auto pot advice

Hi all im about to start on my 3rd grow . But im toying with the idea of using the auto pot device that uses smart pots insted of the usual plastic ones . I was interested if anyones tried these ? This is 6 x 18.9L smart pots fed from a 100L tank il be using 60/40 coco coir and perlite as the medium with a clay ball base in the pots . Not decided what newts to use yet as i used to use dutch pro bloom A & B but have to check its ok to use in auto pot system
    Any tips or horror stories about this system would be greatly appriciated as im about to drop £200 on it and dont fancy wasting time , money and bud if i dont have to

Cheers all

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GR1GGZZZY For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-01-20), johndoh (19-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GR1GGZZZY View Post
    Hi all im about to start on my 3rd grow . But im toying with the idea of using the auto pot device that uses smart pots insted of the usual plastic ones . I was interested if anyones tried these ? This is 6 x 18.9L smart pots fed from a 100L tank il be using 60/40 coco coir and perlite as the medium with a clay ball base in the pots . Not decided what newts to use yet as i used to use dutch pro bloom A & B but have to check its ok to use in auto pot system
    Any tips or horror stories about this system would be greatly appriciated as im about to drop £200 on it and dont fancy wasting time , money and bud if i dont have to

Cheers all
    have you got a link to the system your looking at buying so i can check it out
    i prefer the easyfeed system to the autopots as you have more control over how much feed it gets each day and the roots get a chance to dry out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wez.pepper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-20)

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GR1GGZZZY View Post

Cheers all
    I currently just finished my grow with autopots.
    I have the 4 pot system with 47L tank. I use a 70/30 coco perlite mix and just used a layer of perlite at the bottom of my pots as I didn't have hydroton at the time. It worked great. I use the GH 3 part with Big Bud from AN as a pk boost.

One thing I can point out is that if you want to go the organic route and top dress your medium, this won't really be possible as it's bottom feeding as well as if you want to know the PH and ppm of your soil, you'll have to do a top feed flush but this is only if you're having issues, I've never done one with this system.

Otherwise I love them. so easy to use and makes watering next to no work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to boostnek9 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-20)