Thread: Ish265 type r height from canopy

Thanks

Default Answered: Ish265 type r height from canopy

Hey folk, I've taken the plunge and gone from hps to led. Specifically some ish265 type r boards. I've gone then turned down to lowest power on the drivers and pulling 70w each. Have them about 30inch above canopy I know they are strong lights so don't want to fry them early on, any recommendations as to where I should be with the power and heights. Cheers

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

2. "For a first grow with them, I'd definitely recommend getting a Lux meter....and the reading on that roughly divided by 100 would give you a Par number to dim to this kind of rough plan:

High-Intensity Plants
    Seed 100 – 300
    Cutting 75 – 150
    Vegetative 300 – 600
    Reproductive 600+

(Thanks, Gardro)

Also, at times, you may want to warm the groom up a little so you could up the Watts = more heat and more Lux>move the lights higher so the Lux at the top of the canopy stays the same. Pretty obvious once you get in the swing of it.

The opposite also applies.

It's a very convenient little way of tinkering with the environment...but I wouldn't do it without a Lux meter."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigG2017 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-20), Wags (20-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

For a first grow with them, I'd definitely recommend getting a Lux meter....and the reading on that roughly divided by 100 would give you a Par number to dim to this kind of rough plan:

High-Intensity Plants
    Seed 100 – 300
    Cutting 75 – 150
    Vegetative 300 – 600
    Reproductive 600+

(Thanks, Gardro)

Also, at times, you may want to warm the groom up a little so you could up the Watts = more heat and more Lux>move the lights higher so the Lux at the top of the canopy stays the same. Pretty obvious once you get in the swing of it.

The opposite also applies.

It's a very convenient little way of tinkering with the environment...but I wouldn't do it without a Lux meter.
    Last edited by Herbitual; 20-01-20 at 06:26 PM.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-20), IceCalibur (20-01-20), Invisible_Sun (21-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

And dimming down, lowering the lights saves a bit of money, too.

Equally, you could just leave them in one spot and twiddle with the driver to your heart's content but again, for any of this fannying around, you have to know what the Lux and Par are at canopy level.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-01-20), IceCalibur (20-01-20), Invisible_Sun (21-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,963 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

The levels IS state seem to be pretty spot on. With wattage I started on 50w then went to 75w then just went to 140w when they got well underway at about 3 1/2 wks on autos.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...lueberry/page4

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Herbitual (21-01-20), Invisible_Sun (21-01-20)